Cowboys Draft Links and Meetings Thread

flyingmonkey30

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

Per Twitter...

DT Nathan Shepherd and S Deshon Elliott met with Dallas. Private workout for Shepherd

I'm a fan of Shepherd. Elliott I'm meh on, more of an in the box kinda guy and I don't really see a fit for him here with Woods and Frazier at SS.

14 hours ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

Where would we take Leighton ? at 19 ? meh....

Certainly isn't sexy, but I wouldn't complain.  It's about as sexy as Taco or TJ Watt. Meh.... but what can you do at 19?

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Certainly isn't sexy, but I wouldn't complain.  It's about as sexy as Taco or TJ Watt. Meh.... but what can you do at 19?

It's a little rich for him but it might be slim pickings at 19. When I did a mock draft I had Leighton, Rashaan and Hernandez on the board. Which would you prefer?

15 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

It's a little rich for him but it might be slim pickings at 19. When I did a mock draft I had Leighton, Rashaan and Hernandez on the board. Which would you prefer?

In the following order:

1a) Hernandez
1b) Vander Esch

2) Evans

57 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Frederick wasn't sexy. Martin wasn't sexy. Watt wouldn't have been sexy but I'd take what he brought on the field this year any day.

Sometimes sexy isn't always the best option. 

39 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

I do like Evans as a LB prospect. He has good length and it's always nice when an ILB has a history of getting to the QB. I like his fire. I think he would be a great addition.

I would be happy and would understand all 3 at 19.  

I guess I'll say 

1a. Evans

1b. LVE

3. Hernandez

I just think the LB hole is more glaring than the hole at LG. Looney, Bell, Green, or some pick after day 1 can play just fine sandwiched between Tyron and Fred. Jonathan Cooper proved that. 

I may or may not have Hernandez higher on my board but it's close and I'd take either of the very good LB prospects over the LG right now.

Archived