Cowboys Draft Links and Meetings Thread

flyingmonkey30

4/19: The Cowboys do not consider Courtland Sutton a first-round talent. - Tony Pauline, DraftAnalyst.com

This isn't the first team we've heard that dislikes Sutton, as a high-ranking personnel man on another NFC team told us this morning that he views both Sutton and D.J. Moore as second-round prospects. Meanwhile, legendary draft writer Rick Gosselin argued recently that Dallas would not take a receiver in the first round, as the team would opt for a wideout at some point on Day 2 instead. -Walter

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/nflrumors/teamdraft/17-32#ixzz5DSIWxLVv

Take it for what it's worth. walterfootball has been my go to site for years for draft news. They were one of the first to report cowboys coveted byron jones couple years ago.

Although, this report says more than their lack of interest in Sutton in the first round. We could still pick him in the first... late first after we traded down which they essentially consider a second round pick.

I agree Sutton and Moore are not first round talents. Too many question marks. Very risky picks. High potential but significant questions make them more a second round value.

Sutton: Can he learn to balance himself on that frame enough to run sharper, crisper routes to create better separation? Struggling to do it at SMU means very unlikely to do it in the NFL.

Moore: Will he ever become a consistent target? He shows up big at times but disappears other times far too easily. If he cant be reliable now, how can he be such as a pro?

From Mayock's conference call on Leighton Vander Esch:
"He wears that neck brace for a reason. He's got a cervical issue, and teams around the league right now are having the conversation about how bad or good is it really and at what level should we draft him?"

So how do you guys feel about LVE after the news about his medical concerns? Some teams have fully taken him off their draft board.

46 minutes ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

So how do you guys feel about LVE after the news about his medical concerns? Some teams have fully taken him off their draft board.

I never buy into the statement that a team has taken a guy entirely off of their drafy board because it happens so rarely. I’m sure some teams have knocked him down a round or two, but probably not off the board entirely.

9 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

I never buy into the statement that a team has taken a guy entirely off of their drafy board because it happens so rarely. I’m sure some teams have knocked him down a round or two, but probably not off the board entirely.

True. I'm wasn't ever high on LVE as everyone else here but I was starting to be ok with him @ 19 but now... not too sure

1 minute ago, canadaluvsdallas said:

True. I'm wasn't ever high on LVE as everyone else here but I was starting to be ok with him @ 19 but now... not too sure

That’s a reasonable position for you to have, then. If you weren’t high on him before, it’s wise on your part (based on that position) to push him way down or take him off of your board.

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Depends on our physical of him. But if he drops a couple of rounds why not roll the dice?

Archived