Cowboys Draft Links and Meetings Thread

flyingmonkey30

If the Cowboys were to sign a quality (C/OG) like Mike Pouncey than I would like to see the Cowboy's pursue Colton Miller then they would get a quality OT to add depth to this Offensive line just incase Tyron goes down again. Miller played left tackle last year for UCLA protecting Rosen's blind side. When you look at what additions the Eagles made with their defensive line you kind of wonder what the Cowboy's offensive line is going to look like in 2018. I tip my hat off to Stephen Jones for not throwing money around in free agency because that's why were limbo because of the cap space hand cuffing your team you have trouble resigning good talented players and they move on. Focus on drafting good talent and you don't need to over pay players in free agency.Try and create an environment where players want to stay. In the draft they can get good OG's in day 2 or later and on Braden Smith, Austin Corbett, Frank Ragnow and Colby Gossett to help add depth to the Cowboy's roster. I'm sure the Cowboy's philosophy is to have the leagues best Offensive line. Hell I would be happy if the Cowboy's drafted Isiah Wynn or Will Hernandez @ 19th pick they are both highly touted offensive guards and would be day 1 starters that's what your looking for when drafting in the 1st rnd. Cowboy's just need to keep getting rid of the dead weight on this team and build a champion ship team we fans need to give Stephen Jones the chance to do that now that Jerry seems to be letting him make a lot of the teams decisions. 

I am so disappointed with this team and it's lack of D prospects it has yet to scout. My biggest ones have been LVE and Hubbard both of whom I think have tremendous potential at the next level possible 10+ years for w/e team they play for.

Hell I would have preferred them to at least take a look at some of these DT's. Even Vea, I wanted to see names like Payne, Phillips, Hand, Settle, Hurst, Bryan etc.

But I absolutely expected to see names like Chubb, Hubbard, Lewis, Ejiofor, etc.

Lb's? Like really? With all we are losing this offseason and the uncertainty at that position. There are a number of different names that stand out. I really don't know if the Jone's have that much confidence in this team's talent taking a huge leap foward next season. Or this is some new strategy to throw everyone off their real prospect list.

I'm hoping it's the latter but if not then that first pick better be a first year pro bowler at the skill position.

On 3/18/2018 at 4:29 PM, Calvert28 said:

I am so disappointed with this team and it's lack of D prospects it has yet to scout. My biggest ones have been LVE and Hubbard both of whom I think have tremendous potential at the next level possible 10+ years for w/e team they play for.

Hell I would have preferred them to at least take a look at some of these DT's. Even Vea, I wanted to see names like Payne, Phillips, Hand, Settle, Hurst, Bryan etc.

But I absolutely expected to see names like Chubb, Hubbard, Lewis, Ejiofor, etc.

Lb's? Like really? With all we are losing this offseason and the uncertainty at that position. There are a number of different names that stand out. I really don't know if the Jone's have that much confidence in this team's talent taking a huge leap foward next season. Or this is some new strategy to throw everyone off their real prospect list.

I'm hoping it's the latter but if not then that first pick better be a first year pro bowler at the skill position.

Yet to scout? Just because they didnt go to a pro day to see some 40 yard run or non contact drills doesnt mean they didnt scout. Trust me, McClay and the scouts have been watching film till their eyes bleed

Archived