-Unrealistic- Kirk Cousins idea

Slappy Mc

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s not that easy. The front office has to give a contract worth signing and they haven’t so far.

Dude idc what any one saids 20 million a year is enough . 16 mil a year is enough , Kirk doesn't come off as a guy who can't control his money . If he's doing this to help his other familiy members than I'd understand .

20 mil or even 6 mil a year is enough for any human being to live life . 

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Dude idc what any one saids 20 million a year is enough . 16 mil a year is enough , Kirk doesn't come off as a guy who can't control his money . If he's doing this to help his other familiy members than I'd understand .

20 mil or even 6 mil a year is enough for any human being to live life . 

Yeah, it’s enough to live on but it doesn’t raise the market for players and help raise salaries. Taking less money when you’re the top free agent available is not good for the players, taking less money than you can get is a step backwards.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, it’s enough to live on but it doesn’t raise the market for players and help raise salaries. Taking less money when you’re the top free agent available is not good for the players, taking less money than you can get is a step backwards.

Dude how is 20 mil not enough like tell me ? . Is Kirk cousins trying to buy WWE ? Is that his goal?. He can easily go into college as a Michigan state college coordinator or something . He be good as a color commentator .

hes being greedy as hell and people should point that out. If he wants to be a skins he can show a bit of mercy and allow us to be able to sign guys to help out .

instead of thinking we owe him something after giving him two years of 20 million dollars.

10 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Dude how is 20 mil not enough like tell me ? . Is Kirk cousins trying to buy WWE ? Is that his goal?. He can easily go into college as a Michigan state college coordinator or something . He be good as a color commentator .

hes being greedy as hell and people should point that out. If he wants to be a skins he can show a bit of mercy and allow us to be able to sign guys to help out .

instead of thinking we owe him something after giving him two years of 20 million dollars.

That’s not what I said, $20 million a year is enough for him and even his children and maybe his grandchildren but it’s not market value. It doesn’t help players get higher contracts either. As a player if you’re the best free agent in your position you want your deal to be higher than the last guy who’s in your class. 

This is why the Redskins were stupid for not agreeing to Cousins’ contact demands in 2016. They had no foresight and bet on a hope that cousins wouldn’t improve or would be a one year wonder - a foolish thought.

It was clear Cousins was franchise qb caliber in 2015 and it would be hard for the team to find someone better than him if they let him go. The deal they missed on and will never get back was in February or March of 2016 when they could have locked him up for 5 years, around $100 million with 40 to 50 million guaranteed. His cap hit could have been $13 million in 2016, $17 million in 2017 ( saving us $7 million to sign Garcon or Djax) and gone up every year. In 2018 that deals cap hit could have cost us $20 million which is what we paid Cousins on the franchise tag in 2016, 2 years earlier.

We just paid Cousins $44 million in two franchise tag years and he’s a free agent. If we had offered him a deal like I’m talking about we could still owe him that much in guarantees in his contract, but he’d be under contract for more 3 years and not a free agent right now.

Youre contract thought process is stuck in 2015, it needs to catch up to 2018.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not what I said, $20 million a year is enough for him and even his children and maybe his grandchildren but it’s not market value. It doesn’t help players get higher contracts either. As a player if you’re the best free agent in your position you want your deal to be higher than the last guy who’s in your class. 

This is why the Redskins were stupid for not agreeing to Cousins’ contact demands in 2016. They had no foresight and bet on a hope that cousins wouldn’t improve or would be a one year wonder - a foolish thought.

It was clear Cousins was franchise qb caliber in 2015 and it would be hard for the team to find someone better than him if they let him go. The deal they missed on and will never get back was in February or March of 2016 when they could have locked him up for 5 years, around $100 million with 40 to 50 million guaranteed. His cap hit could have been $13 million in 2016, $17 million in 2017 ( saving us $7 million to sign Garcon or Djax) and gone up every year. In 2018 that deals cap hit clu,d have cost us $20 million which is what we paid Cousins on the franchise tag in 2015.

We just paid Cousins $44 million in two franchise tag years and he’s a free agent. If we had offered him a deal like I’m talking about we could still owe him that much in guarantees in his contract, but he’d be under contract for more 3 years and not a free agent right now.

Youre contract thought process is stuck in 2015, it needs to catch up to 2018.

✍?✍?✍? I'm taking notes turtles on how you make an amazing debate . I'm learning a lot from you .

your 4-0 against me so far In January debates . I truly need to learn from you .

i like to drink ... I like to smoke ...... I also like to shop at HnM.

my favorite store is Zara from Annapolis mall. Mirror MIRROR on the wall ! Who is the greatest poster of them ALL!!

" Turtle is the greatest poster of them all "

11 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

Hey, your boss called. He has a chance to upgrade the sales team.

He needs you to take 20% less so he can pay others. Glad that works for you.

Oh, so you know your job, your responsibilities and our expectations for you will be increasing since we have better staff .... at least on paper.

Glad you're all in. Team first.

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Hey, your boss called. He has a chance to upgrade the sales team.

He needs you to take 20% less so he can pay others. Glad that works for you.

Oh, so you know your job, your responsibilities and our expectations for you will be increasing since we have better staff .... at least on paper.

Glad you're all in. Team first.

I just dislike the fact how he's acting like we owe him something.

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

We don;t owe him anything. 

He also doesn't owe us anything.

If we want his services, we need to pay for them.

It's fine the Browns or jets will pay him . There isn't a lot of attractive FA this year either so skins can atleast give one big offer .

Cousins hasn't done ****, to want Tom Brady money, imo.

Let his *** go or trade him, Danny.

draft his replacement!

I want my QB to win big games.

Win crunch time games. Win Playoff games.

If they do that, then show them the money.

Cousins acts like he deserves money from someone with Aaron Rodgers resume. Big Ben....Brady

Hell, Bottles has Cousins beat now.

Offer him what he deserves, not what he wants. If he accepts? Great, we can focus on other positions.

If he rejects, trade his *** to the Browns & look for his replacement.

I'm so tired of this Cousins BS of "its not about the money....im a guy with character....i wanna win....im loyal....love living here....blah blah blah...btw I want 5 yr - 225 million (150 guaranteed deal to set the QB market for future players cause they're in my prayers"

I'm at the point where signing him to a ltd..., might BE the mistake.

15 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Cousins hasn't done ****, to want Tom Brady money, imo.

Let his *** go or trade him, Danny.

draft his replacement!

I want my QB to win big games.

Win crunch time games. Win Playoff games.

If they do that, then show them the money.

Cousins acts like he deserves money from someone with Aaron Rodgers resume. Big Ben....Brady

Hell, Bottles has Cousins beat now.

Offer him what he deserves, not what he wants. If he accepts? Great, we can focus on other positions.

If he rejects, trade his *** to the Browns & look for his replacement.

I'm so tired of this Cousins BS of "its not about the money....im a guy with character....i wanna win....im loyal....love living here....blah blah blah...btw I want 5 yr - 225 million (150 guaranteed deal to set the QB market for future players cause they're in my prayers"

I'm at the point where signing him to a ltd..., might BE the mistake.

You clearly don’t understand nfl contracts. Long term deals are cheaper than year to year as I showed a few posts up. Sure, we may be able to draft a qb who develops into as good as Cousins currently is after 2 or 3 years of development but the growing pains will be there like they are with almost all young QBs. We have a franchise qb, we need to continue to add weapons for him through the draft and build a good defense through the draft so we can be a perennial playoff team.

And Kirk’s contract isn’t keeping us from doing that, what kept us from doing that is not signing Kirk on a l9ng term deal two straight offseason sing a row. A long term deal has lower cap hits the first few years than a franchise tag would. We missed the opportunity to have had him on a $13 to $15 million cap hit in 2016 instead of $20 million, a $15 to 18 million cap hit in 2017 and a $18 to 20 million cap hit this year.

Signing Kirk to a long term deal saves us money year to year because it spreads the big guarantees out over 5 years instead of just a one year guarantee like we’ve paid Kirk the last two years.

Lastly, why should we want to get worse on offense? Not keeping Cousins means that we get worse at the most important position on our team, I’m not sure why some fans are attracted to that.

PUT IT THIS WAY: if we had signed Cousins to a Ltd after 2015, we would have paid him $30 million over the last two years instead of the $44 million we paid him. If we had 5 to 7 million more in cap space in 2016 we could have signed an upgrade on the DL, ILB or S. Same thing for last year, if we had an extra $5 to 7 million in cap space last offseason we could have kept Djax, Garcon or both or one of them and signed Calais Campbell.

It’s a business

Bruce bet he would fail and he didnt

bruce didn’t take the advice from both his GM and coach to sign him

bruce thought he’d accept a low ball offer

bruce tried to negotiate through the media to force him to sign for less than the market

bruce failed at every turn and Kirk and his agent will cash their sweepstakes ticket in 18 and we are stuck with a total incompetent running our team

Archived