our OL never made the top 3?

3rivers

4 hours ago, August4th said:

thought our run blocking was disappointing in some games this yr

love our pass protection though... ben rarely gets touched

I think he was 3rd least sacked qb and if it was most other QB;s (that throw the ball instead of risk getting hit), imagine they would have been #1 in that area. OL has been really good, the FO put the OL together and of course the OL coach.

I don't care what the "so-called experts" say or think.  They change their minds like the prevailing winds  change directions.

I agree with August4 that our OL has at times been very average to slightly poor with the rushing attack.  Our pass blocking has been above average and the best that I can recall in Pittsburgh ever including the glory days of the 70's.

Give the other teams the paper crowns for best offense, best QB, defense, or whatever and we will work to earn the Super Bowl Rings and another Lombardi Trophy.

We have one of the top and most consistent OL's in the league. They may not be #1 or even #4 in some people's books.  However, top to bottom and depth wise, we are pretty darn good. Are there players at key positions that are better than our starting five?...Yes.  Alex Mack is probably a better one on one drive blocker than Pouncey.  A healthy Marshall Yonda is probably better than DeCastro.  There are several LT's that are better than Villy, several OG's better than Ramon and maybe three guys better than Gilbert at RT.  However, put this group together along with Finney, Hubbard, and Feiler and the Steelers have a much better than average OL.

Win the next three games and they can do all the ratings and comparisons that they want, while you are admiring the hardware on your finger.

remember the days where I would be nervous of a teams pass rush and how many times ben would get hit

now when the steelers are about to face a elite pass rush.. I look at it as more of a potential annoyance but not a part of a game that would ruin the whole offense like games in the past(06 ravens, 08 eagles for example)

2 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Run blocking wasn't good enough for Top 3. I'd say Top 10, but definitely not Top 3.

Pass blocking was easily top 3. I'd argue it was the best. DeCastro was unbelievable this year. To my knowledge, he not only gave up ZERO sacks, but I believe Ben was only hit once in 500+ snaps. 

and if it was most other QB's , what would it be 1/750 snaps? Agree about DDC, all pro

Archived