Bills fire Rick Dennison as OC

gopherwrestler

Just now, NickChowaniec said:

No surprise. Thank goodness.

Honestly I'm surprised. Not because it wasn't warranted but it takes guts to fire a coach who just helped you get into the playoffs as a first time head coach. This is great news though and really makes me think we're drafting a guy. Got to think Chud is the favorite, just hope to god Shula doesn't somehow get the job.

Man this off-season is going to be incredible, I can't remember the last time I've been this excited about it. We've got a new OC to hire, a decent amount of cap room to spend and a boatload of picks in the draft. I'm ready for the 2018 season already! 

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Honestly I'm surprised. Not because it wasn't warranted but it takes guts to fire a coach who just helped you get into the playoffs as a first time head coach. This is great news though and really makes me think we're drafting a guy. Got to think Chud is the favorite, just hope to god Shula doesn't somehow get the job.

I don't think it was Rick Dennison who helped us get to the playoffs. Just because we made the postseason doesn't mean every aspect of our team deserves credit and I like that McDermott has the balls to do something like this; it was a strict business move and what he thought was best for the team. Our offense essentially regressed in every category last year and the play calling was bad. 

Sounds like either Mike McCoy or Chud are the (2) favorites. Both are huge upgrades over Dennison. 

1 minute ago, The BILLievers said:

I don't think it was Rick Dennison who helped us get to the playoffs. Just because we made the postseason doesn't mean every aspect of our team deserves credit and I like that McDermott has the balls to do something like this; it was a strict business move and what he thought was best for the team. Our offense essentially regressed in every category last year and the play calling was bad. 

Sounds like either Mike McCoy or Chud are the (2) favorites. Both are huge upgrades over Dennison. 

Isn't that pretty much what I said? The easy option would be just took keep everything that you had because you had a successful season. 

The fact the organization recognized the offense wasn't good enough and fired a guy after his first year when it would have been easy to keep him on is should be something that Bills fans should be exciting. For the first time in forever it seems like this organization actually has a grip on what is happening with this team. Makes the whole "this is a start and not a finish" thing seem like a lot more than just words. I'm excited.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Isn't that pretty much what I said? The easy option would be just took keep everything that you had because you had a successful season. 

The fact the organization recognized the offense wasn't good enough and fired a guy after his first year when it would have been easy to keep him on is should be something that Bills fans should be exciting. For the first time in forever it seems like this organization actually has a grip on what is happening with this team. Makes the whole "this is a start and not a finish" thing seem like a lot more than just words. I'm excited.

Lol truuuu. I think I read your original post wrong but yeah we're on the same page.

42 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Don't think the Bills are interested in a young guy who has never called plays before and could leave within a year or two for a HC gig. 

Oh I agree that Daboll isn't a realistic hire, but he would be intriguing for sure. We took a gamble on a young up and coming head coach prospect in McDermott and that looks like it paid off so far. I would like to see us hire a young up and coming offensive mind. Chud, McCoy, and Bevell are all blah to me.

Archived