Nick Perry?

TheOnlyThing

35 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Yes he was.  But again, 10 seconds of video and Miss State investigated and still let him play.  As long as that was the only instance I'm good with it.  I'd bet the 30 seconds before that 10 seconds was some wild a** stuff going on.

Well ****, if Mississippi State, beacon of all things reasonable and measured when it comes to college football, investigated, it's undoubtedly cool. 

As far as the 30 seconds before, reading into it, that doesn't sound good for the guy either. 

3 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Raekwon Davis and Jerry Tillery are mirror images, 6'7" 310.  I'll take Tillery of the two.

Jeffrey Simmons had ONE incident. Yes, he hit a woman, but MState looked into it and it let him play. The incident was him defending his sister.  Don't let a 10 second video be the last word on things.

Look up Terry Beckner Jr.- Mizzou  6'4" 295.  Looks like a tub of jelly but he's one year removed from a knee injury and seems to play his a** off. @ThatJerkDave, can you help us out on that one?

My wish for a safety is Grant Delpit from LSU.  The kid looks like a game changer.  He's a sophomore and could come out. 6'3" 205.

Let's wait to see the combine results for Beckner.  We have been notorious for inflating workout numbers.  Looking at these stats:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/terry-beckner-jr-1.html

He is pretty much on pace for tackles, and TFL from last season, but the sack numbers aren't there.  He was a super high recruit for us to get.  He isn't bad, but with the reputation we had for DL, he is probably not meeting expectations.  If you look at the game splits, he isn't just beating up on lesser schools, his production is pretty even.  He does not produce turnovers at the college level.  

As far as the eyeball test, I don't know.  I have only watched a couple of games in the last few years, mostly listen on the radio while I do other things on Saturday.  

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Kyler Fackrell had 3 of his sacks in run out the clock pressure package time in one game. The starters weren't playing because it was over. Come on. 

We have 4 edge rushers and none of them are getting sacks. The reason isn't that they're all worthless. This is a decently talented group of guys, it's just hard to get sacks if you're not getting any help from the scheme. 

Maybe they’re being schemed out. It when asked to attack the QB, none of these guys can get there, so... we must rely on the DL for pass rich because they the only ones who can get home. 

15 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Maybe they’re being schemed out. It when asked to attack the QB, none of these guys can get there, so... we must rely on the DL for pass rich because they the only ones who can get home. 

2nd and 7 and you're Clay Matthews. You suspect it's going to be a pass, but you can't sell out for it. You have to be gap sound. 

You're lined up on the inside shoulder of the TE and the gap between the TE and the Tackle is your assigned gap.

Rushing to the QB has to be done through that gap, and you've got no room to do anything because you're already so close to the blocker. It's not like you can try and run the arc from there. You're done. 

22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

2nd and 7 and you're Clay Matthews. You suspect it's going to be a pass, but you can't sell out for it. You have to be gap sound. 

You're lined up on the inside shoulder of the TE and the gap between the TE and the Tackle is your assigned gap.

Rushing to the QB has to be done through that gap, and you've got no room to do anything because you're already so close to the blocker. It's not like you can try and run the arc from there. You're done. 

That’s not the case on every passing down. There has been plenty of opportunity to get after the QB for all the OLB’s and they can’t get there. 

Archived