The Travel Help Thread

Texansfan713

20 minutes ago, Dingo18287 said:

Is paying the premium worth it?

I believe so. I wasn't for the first few months, but you get so many more emails and the mistake fares sent to you with the premium. And you can pick exact airports with the premium instead of region. We ended up getting tickets for my sister-in-law Seattle to Manila for ~400 so it's already paid for itself.

10 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I believe so. I wasn't for the first few months, but you get so many more emails and the mistake fares sent to you with the premium. And you can pick exact airports with the premium instead of region. We ended up getting tickets for my sister-in-law Seattle to Manila for ~400 so it's already paid for itself.

I’ve been getting the free emails for a while now. I rarely see anything listing Kansas City though. With premium, can you select any airport or just certain ones? Would you mind seeing if KC is an option?

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I’ve been getting the free emails for a while now. I rarely see anything listing Kansas City though. With premium, can you select any airport or just certain ones? Would you mind seeing if KC is an option?

KC is considered "Low" 1-2 sales/month. Airports listed in the midwest to choose from are:

High (10+/month):
Chicago (ORD)

Medium (3-9/month):
Cincinnati
Cleveland
St. Louis
Detroit
Minneapolis
Pittsburgh

Low (1-2/month):
KC
Chicago (MDW)
Cedar Rapids
Dayton
Indianapolis
Louisville
Minot
Sioux Falls
Des Moines
Omaha
Milwaukee
Columbus
Lexington
Wichita

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Mine doesn't do well with long car rides. And I don't wanna fly with her. I'd never put anyone else through it.

It'll probably be a few years before we can go somewhere for vacation.

You're thinking about it wrong. It's not that she doesn't do well on long car rides, it's that you haven't tried things to make the ride easier. If you have to make a long drive, kep her up longer tha usual, and leave at night after bedtime. Sucks you have to drive while everybody sleeps, but it makes it easier. 

Rotating you and mom in the back with her also works if it has to be during the day. Wake her up early, and pushing out nap time is another trick.

Don't stop living because you have a kid. You may have to change the way you would normally do things, but it can be done. If I could make the drive back and forth from CO to CA with a 2yr old, and a 6yr old, anybody can do it.

4 hours ago, MrDrew said:

You're thinking about it wrong. It's not that she doesn't do well on long car rides, it's that you haven't tried things to make the ride easier. If you have to make a long drive, kep her up longer tha usual, and leave at night after bedtime. Sucks you have to drive while everybody sleeps, but it makes it easier. 

Rotating you and mom in the back with her also works if it has to be during the day. Wake her up early, and pushing out nap time is another trick.

Don't stop living because you have a kid. You may have to change the way you would normally do things, but it can be done. If I could make the drive back and forth from CO to CA with a 2yr old, and a 6yr old, anybody can do it.

Ive heard whiskey in their bottle will help subdue them as well, but Im not a parent, so I cant confirm.

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Mine doesn't do well with long car rides. And I don't wanna fly with her. I'd never put anyone else through it.

It'll probably be a few years before we can go somewhere for vacation.

did you steal a kid?

never knew you had a kid, when did this happen?

17 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

KC is considered "Low" 1-2 sales/month. Airports listed in the midwest to choose from are:

High (10+/month):
Chicago (ORD)

Medium (3-9/month):
Cincinnati
Cleveland
St. Louis
Detroit
Minneapolis
Pittsburgh

Low (1-2/month):
KC
Chicago (MDW)
Cedar Rapids
Dayton
Indianapolis
Louisville
Minot
Sioux Falls
Des Moines
Omaha
Milwaukee
Columbus
Lexington
Wichita

Nothing even in my State lol. Is it strictly these cities?

Archived