Vic Fangio agrees to return to Chicago

TankWilliams

1 hour ago, Ketchup said:

You didn’t provide a reliable source. That article was written by a nobody and he used Rapaport as his source, who I said is a terrible source. Like I said, I don’t care if Pettine was plan b. He’s a solid plan b if you ask me. Someone stated it as a fact that both Cincy and GB had Fangio as their  top choice and then disappeared when asked for a source on where he heard it. 

and i ask again, whats a reliable source? cause i gave you one, and it wasnt good enough. you also tried to use some backwards reasoning as to why fangio wasnt there 1st choice. kinda seems like you do care if he was there plan b.

34 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

and i ask again, whats a reliable source? cause i gave you one, and it wasnt good enough. you also tried to use some backwards reasoning as to why fangio wasnt there 1st choice. kinda seems like you do care if he was there plan b.

You didn’t give me one like I already said. Rapaport is not reliable. 

And how is it backwards reasoning? GB filled it’s DC position and then SD and Chicago were able to bring back their DC’s. How is it backwards to assume their DC’s were waiting on GB’s decision? Look, for some reason you got this idea that I’m trying to defend GB or something. If Fangio was their top choice and he wanted to stay put. Cool beans. Rarely do things ever work out perfectly and that’s no different when hiring coaches. If Pettine was plan b, so be it. That said, I’ve seen nothing to suggest it. Superman said he was for sure about Fangio being top choices for Cincy and GB so I’m going to need some quotes from involved parties since Superman said “for sure” like it was fact. A report is not fact no matter who reports it, much less a hack like Rapaport. That’s all I asked for was a source from Superman so not sure why you even felt you had to get involved here. 

55 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

You didn’t give me one like I already said. Rapaport is not reliable. 

And how is it backwards reasoning? GB filled it’s DC position and then SD and Chicago were able to bring back their DC’s. How is it backwards to assume their DC’s were waiting on GB’s decision? Look, for some reason you got this idea that I’m trying to defend GB or something. If Fangio was their top choice and he wanted to stay put. Cool beans. Rarely do things ever work out perfectly and that’s no different when hiring coaches. If Pettine was plan b, so be it. That said, I’ve seen nothing to suggest it. Superman said he was for sure about Fangio being top choices for Cincy and GB so I’m going to need some quotes from involved parties since Superman said “for sure” like it was fact. A report is not fact no matter who reports it, much less a hack like Rapaport. That’s all I asked for was a source from Superman so not sure why you even felt you had to get involved here. 

i gave you a source, when i gave it to you you said it wasnt good enough. 

and lets really look at this logically, why would those two guys be waiting on green bay to make their choice? l.a., hands down no question has better pieces than gb. and from what i understand, the enviroment/weather is a tad better as well. chicago at the very least has the same amount of talent on defense as gb, and he knew he could get great results from them. It was also widely reported that chicago would be making an offer that would be tough to turn down. i dont know if youre trying to defend gb, however it seems like youre trying to ignore the obvious for whatever reason you have.

5 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Would it not be smart of fangio to see what GB offered and then relaying that to chicago to beat it? 

Did you even read the article, in it's entirety, that you posted and checked the time stamp on it or did you just read the headline? Because even your own "reliable source" says that Fangio never even met with the Packers at all before they decided to hire Pettine. Which means Pettine was certainly not just a plan B. 

It states, and I quote:

"the #Packers loom and hope to set an interview." 

^^^ This suggests that Fangio had not even talked to the Packers at all yet. It only suggests that they may have planned to.

Now the date and published time of that article(with no update time added) states: January 9, 2018 10:07 am ET. That's on the same day(Tuesday) as this...and I quote:

In related defensive coordinator news, the Packers are expected to interview veteran coach Mike Pettine for the opening on Tuesday.

Coincidentally, that very same day this news broke.........

Like Ketchup said, Ian is a hack. He makes up crap all the time or just has really bad sources. He's been called out so many times over the years by so many others who he has so-called "quoted" that it's beyond ridiculous at this point.   

20 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Did you even read the article, in it's entirety, that you posted and checked the time stamp on it or did you just read the headline? Because even your own "reliable source" says that Fangio never even met with the Packers at all before they decided to hire Pettine. Which means Pettine was certainly not just a plan B. 

It states, and I quote:

^^^ This suggests that Fangio had not even talked to the Packers at all yet. It only suggests that they may have planned to.

Now the date and published time of that article(with no update time added) states: January 9, 2018 10:07 am ET. That's on the same day(Tuesday) as this...and I quote:

Coincidentally, that very same day this news broke.........

Like Ketchup said, Ian is a hack. He makes up crap all the time or just has really bad sources. He's been called out so many times over the years by so many others who he has so-called "quoted" that it's beyond ridiculous at this point.   

1. Did you read the thread? Someone said fangio was gbs top choice and ketchup asked for a link. we on the same page here?

2. you have a really bad habit of assuming things. Who says fangio didnt talk either over the phone or in person with gb? Was this reported somewhere?

3. why would rappaport just make up gb having interst? Are you aware that it was widely reported by multiple sources (2 second google search will confirm this). Are they all liars and hacks?

4. Even in we just use rappaports tweet and ignore the fact there were earlier reports (by a different liar and hack) of gb having interest, theres almost a 12 hr gap between ian and schefters tweets. Are you contending thats not enough time for (at the very least) for a phone call to see where fangios heads at? 

17 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Someone said fangio was gbs top choice and ketchup asked for a link. we on the same page here?

1. Did you read the thread? Sure did. Ketchup asked for a source that you gave him that was not only unreliable but refuted everything that you suggested.

2. you have a really bad habit of assuming things. 

You seem to have a bad habit of....nevermind.

Who says fangio didnt talk either over the phone or in person with gb? Was this reported somewhere?

Who says they did? Your own "reliable source" in the article that you posted suggests that Fangio had not yet met with them yet.

3. why would rappaport just make up gb having interst? Are you aware that it was widely reported by multiple sources (2 second google search will confirm this). Are they all liars and hacks?

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/former_nfl_network_reporter_blasts_ian_rapoport_over_his_mike_mularkey_reporting/s1_127_25458497

https://fansided.com/2016/10/27/c-j-anderson-calls-ian-rapoport-liar-injury-report/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/03/17/jason-pierre-paul-denies-signing-anything-after-nfl-networks-report-on-giants-deal/?utm_term=.76111720fbb0

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-wr-mike-williams-talk-of-season-ending-surgery-was-false-information/

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/08/nfl_networks_ian_rapoport_responds_after_eli_manni.html

https://athlonsports.com/overtime/peyton-manning-calls-ian-rapoport-reporting-broncos-bulls-insulting

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/roethlisberger-takes-shot-rapoport-says-bryant-doesnt-want-traded/

I could go on and on and on. This has been going on for years. That's why. Nobody respects him and for good reason. 

4. Even in we just use rappaports tweet and ignore the fact there were earlier reports (by a different liar and hack) of gb having interest, theres almost a 12 hr gap between ian and schefters tweets. Are you contending thats not enough time for (at the very least) for a phone call to see where fangios heads at? 

Yup, sure am. Unless you or anyone else have proof of this otherwise?

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

1. Did you read the thread? Sure did. Ketchup asked for a source that you gave him that was not only unreliable but refuted everything that you suggested.

You seem to have a bad habit of....nevermind.

Who says they did? Your own "reliable source" in the article that you posted suggests that Fangio had not yet met with them yet.

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/former_nfl_network_reporter_blasts_ian_rapoport_over_his_mike_mularkey_reporting/s1_127_25458497

https://fansided.com/2016/10/27/c-j-anderson-calls-ian-rapoport-liar-injury-report/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/03/17/jason-pierre-paul-denies-signing-anything-after-nfl-networks-report-on-giants-deal/?utm_term=.76111720fbb0

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-wr-mike-williams-talk-of-season-ending-surgery-was-false-information/

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/08/nfl_networks_ian_rapoport_responds_after_eli_manni.html

https://athlonsports.com/overtime/peyton-manning-calls-ian-rapoport-reporting-broncos-bulls-insulting

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/roethlisberger-takes-shot-rapoport-says-bryant-doesnt-want-traded/

I could go on and on and on. This has been going on for years. That's why. Nobody respects him and for good reason. 

Yup, sure am. Unless you or anyone else have proof of this otherwise?

1. no it didnt.  care to explain how though?

2. im not gonna debate rappaports credibiltiy. If you took time to look into any of those links you provided youd see there was some truth to some, maybe even most of them. rappaort reported cj anderson was done for the year, cj amderson didnt play the rest of teh year... he wrong though. Breath, think, post. Take two extra seconds to check some of this stuff.

3. How long does a phone call take for you? Must be some pretty unproductive days....

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

1. no it didnt.  care to explain how though?

2. im not gonna debate rappaports credibiltiy. If you took time to look into any of those links you provided youd see there was some truth to some, maybe even most of them. rappaort reported cj anderson was done for the year, cj amderson didnt play the rest of teh year... he wrong though. Breath, think, post. Take two extra seconds to check some of this stuff.

3. How long does a phone call take for you? Must be some pretty unproductive days....

1) Yeah it did and I already explained that.

2) You asked why Rapoport would lie and I gave you reasons. Now your saying, "I'm not gonna debate Rapoports credibility" lol. 

3) Where's the proof? (Those old enough to remember the commercial). 

HAHA. You're entertaining though, GSU, I'll give you that much. Too much fun.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

1) Yeah it did and I already explained that.

2) You asked why Rapoport would lie and I gave you reasons. Now your saying, "I'm not gonna debate Rapoports credibility" lol. 

3) Where's the proof? (Those old enough to remember the commercial). 

HAHA. You're entertaining though, GSU, I'll give you that much. Too much fun.

1. since ive repeated about 5 answers for you, you should to give me this one. Why dont you explain again.

2. no you didnt. you provided some links, without reason, and half of those turned out to be correct. i already told you that though, did you spend the 2 minutes it would take to see cj anderson was in fact done for the year?

3. Wheres the proof that a phone call takes less than 12 hrs to make? should i text you a video of me making a call in less time? or do you just want to concede it can be done?

Its unbelievable.  Gb fans cant handle not being everybodys top choice.  Let me break it down for you.  Last year Kyle Shanahan wanted to bring Fangio back to SF as his dc.  The bears blocked it.  It was then reported that Fangios family still lives there and he is away from them in season and he would want a  wc job.  In season Fangio is asked in a pc if he wants to see how good his defense can b in Chicago.  No nonsesnse Vic gives a straight answer, yes. He came here with no talent on his side of the ball and developed a top 10 defense with very young guys and wanted to see them reach their full potential.  Fast forward a few weeks.  Fox is fired, Vics contract is set to expire.  Reports come out that GB, Baltimore, Cincy, all very interested in Fangio.  But theres only one wc job available and thats Oakland and they hire Paul Guenther from the Bengals.  Cincy requests an interview and they are blocked.  Reports come out that Bears Hc candidates are interested in keeping Fangio.  Nagy gets hired, says he has a conversation with Vic, Pace expresses his strong desire to keep Vic.  Reports start coming out of the mess of structure in Gb.  Vics contract expires suddenly its radio silence without a word coming from the Fangio camp.  2 days later he comes to terms on a new 3 year deal with what has been described as a substantial raise from his already 2nd in the league dc salary.  GB didnt have the horses that Fangio has in Chicago, they have an organizational mess of a structure right now.  A coach who may or may not b on the hot seat. And if you are going to b in gb in relation to the wc you might as well be in chicago.

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Gb fans cant handle not being everybodys top choice.

I'm not gonna go any further with this but there a few things that I feel need to be said here.

For one, you made a statement that Fangio were the Packers first choice and you passed that opinion off as if it were a fact and then someone asked you to provide proof of that statement and you never did. So you can't be upset with others when they question you on that. Especially when not only other reports refute that said statement but hindsight does as well. 

Now for two. I hate the Packers with every blue vein running through my body, just like you, and even I call BS on that statement until I see otherwise. So it's not just some "GB fans not being able to handle" type ish. I'm a fan just like you brotha, but I'm an OBJECTIVE fan(atleast as much as I can be) and I call the BS when I see it. My team or not. 

Obviously they hired Pettine the same day that they interviewed him on the 9th before they had even spoken with Fangio. If Fangio were indeed the Packers first option then why did they hire Pettine the same day? Why was Fangio not interviewed first? Or at least waited to hire Pettine until they had a chance to talk to Fangio. Cmon man.

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not gonna go any further with this but there a few things that I feel need to be said here.

For one, you made a statement that Fangio were the Packers first choice and you passed that opinion off as if it were a fact and then someone asked you to provide proof of that statement and you never did. So you can't be upset with others when they question you on that. Especially when not only other reports refute that said statement but hindsight does as well. 

Now for two. I hate the Packers with every blue vein running through my body, just like you, and even I call BS on that statement until I see otherwise. So it's not just some "GB fans not being able to handle" type ish. I'm a fan just like you brotha, but I'm an OBJECTIVE fan(atleast as much as I can be) and I call the BS when I see it. My team or not. 

Obviously they hired Pettine the same day that they interviewed him on the 9th before they had even spoken with Fangio. If Fangio were indeed the Packers first option then why did they hire Pettine the same day? Why was Fangio not interviewed first? Or at least waited to hire Pettine until they had a chance to talk to Fangio. Cmon man.

GB hired Pettine quick because they knew he was Nagy's second choice to be DC if things with Fangio fell through, and the Bears organization was not intent on letting GB interview Fangio in the first place (they blocked the Bengals) so as a result GB didn't bother waiting around to see what Fangio was going to do in fears of missing out on getting someone suitable as their DC.

From all accounts Fangio was GB's first choice to replace Capers as they come from a similar defensive background so it would have been a logical fit.

Archived