2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

2 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

Just curious - if you were GM of the Broncos, how would you approach the next 3 years?

I'm less worried about positional openings and strengths of the current team.  Draft the best player available with all 21 draft picks regardless of need and sign the best value free agents available.

1 hour ago, FireVanceJoseph said:

Depends on whether or not I get Kirk Cousins. VJ is gone after next season no matter what. If I can't get Cousins, I'm trading up to get Rosen and then going for a minor rebuild around him.Gotta get rid of some bad contracts either way.

So you'd draft 10 QB's if they were all BPA?

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

I'm less worried about positional openings and strengths of the current team.  Draft the best player available with all 21 draft picks regardless of need and sign the best value free agents available.

We've got 21 draft picks?

5 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

So.. With Jimmy G getting $74 guaranteed million, what does Cousins get?
I believe the highest guaranteed QB contracts belong to Stafford at $92, Luck at $87, now Jimmy G at $74, Carr at $70. Sheeeeeshhhhh!

Yeah, the reality of QB contracts is nuts. $16 million seems to be the floor, Mike Glennon level.

No matter who we sign in FA it'll cost a bunch.

2 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

If you were GM, would you have signed Jimmy G to the Broncos for that contract? Is he a better option for the next three years than what's on our current roster?

Yes he is and doesn't he have 74 mill guaranteed? Thats not stafford level

16 hours ago, The Helicopter said:

If you were GM, would you have signed Jimmy G to the Broncos for that contract? Is he a better option for the next three years than what's on our current roster?

He is undoubtedly a better option than what is on our current roster, and it's not even close. Look at how SF played with and without him, and consider he had minimal offensive talent around him. He's worth that contract without a doubt, IMO.

Archived