2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

14 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Yea and he's overpayed tpp Buff and will get cut most likely or Buffalo will pay a portion of his salary. 

I think you're missing my point. There are no $10 million QB's. They're either on a rookie deal or career backups and make well under $10 or they're considered starters and make $16 million plus. Spotrac estimates Taylors market value at $19.5 million.

Look at Glennon. 3 poor years at TB and signs a 3 year $45 million deal with the Bears. That's Mike frigging Glennon! Using that as a comparison what do you think Foles, Cousins, Keenum, etc will receive?

2 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I think you're missing my point. There are no $10 million QB's. They're either on a rookie deal or career backups and make well under $10 or they're considered starters and make $16 million plus. Spotrac estimates Taylors market value at $19.5 million.

Look at Glennon. 3 poor years at TB and signs a 3 year $45 million deal with the Bears. That's Mike frigging Glennon! Using that as a comparison what do you think Foles, Cousins, Keenum, etc will receive?

Cousins 30 mill, keenum 14 to 16 mill, foles 12 to 14 mill. Bridgewater 10 mill with incentives, Bradford 7 mill.

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

Cousins 30 mill, keenum 14 to 16 mill, foles 12 to 14 mill. Bridgewater 10 mill with incentives, Bradford 7 mill.

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Keenum is garbage is going to get over $20m a year. Bridgewater will get $15m+. Bradford is a backup at best.

6 hours ago, FireVanceJoseph said:

You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Keenum is garbage is going to get over $20m a year. Bridgewater will get $15m+. Bradford is a backup at best.

No one is giving keenum 20 mill with 1 year of production.  No team will pay bridewater 15 mill a year with that type of injury. I could see a deal similar to the one foles signed 2 years 11 mill to compete. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on teddy but you're crazy at 15 mill. Sig quote this.

My free agent/ draft qb carousel prediction includes trades etc.

Cousins- Minnesota, they have cap , a young team, wrs, oline is improved, play in a dome. I really think Cousins wants to play indoors.

Keenum- Broncos this isn't gonna be the only qb Denver adds if this scenario plays out, but makes it unlikely they get one round 1. I think the Cousins dominos makes Denver go this route. I also think the more Cousins wait to sign at the start of free agency the more likely Denver will be out. This is musical chairs and Keenum is 1B to us.

Teddy Bridgewater Jags just because they are keeping Bortles doesn't mean they won't add competition. The fact the Henne couldn't take the job in the preseason with Bortles poor play tells you everything you need to know.

Sam Bradford Cleveland - they have so much cap so why not get a qb just to improve the roster? They went after Smith, they're a dark Horse for Cousins. I think they want to keep things flexible and getting Bradford sorta eases going qb with the first 2 picks.

Tyrod Taylor Arizona this one makes the least sense . Taylor has no relationship with the Cards or Wilks. But they're a team who wants to improve the position before the draft to be more flexible.

Nick Foles - Buffalo just makes too much since they have two firsts and some seconds and,third. McDermott has ties to Philly either they do this or trade the farm to select a rookie qb.

Sam Darnold - Giants i think this will happen if the cards fall like they're falling Darnold ad libs and is marketable. Giants fall in love.

Josh Rosen Jets I think this is a fit that requires a trade up. I think Jets want the sure safe guy rather than Mayfield at 6. The Colts would be the team trading down.

Baker Mayfield Miami Gase wants  his own qb I don't care what anyone says . I think he grabs his guy at 11. If Denver doesn't get keenum don't rule a Ryan Tannhill trade to Denver. 

Lamar Jackson Arizona they will want someone to pair taylor up with. Taylor is just a stop gap. Lamar is a dual threat who is bigger younger and more electric.

Josh Allen Denver Elway really didnt wanna go qb in round one but he landed barkley and this guys upside is too good to pass up.

They key dominos to this qb carousel are Minn, Cleveland, the Colts. If luck needs another surgery what the heck do they do?

16 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Yup, you missed my point.

No you're in the top 3 guys I respect on here. I get your point but it's too short sided. Glennon got paid in Chicago but their gm also got nervous and traded up a spot to draft another qb two 4th round picks for 1 spot. Their gm shouldn't be a measuring stick they didn't have a roster last year to get desperate for that below average free agent qb. They had no weapons both qbs were destined to fail. That's like looking at Houston for a measurint stick because they gave Brock that money. 

Teams that act desperate make poor decisions see us in 2016. You can be desperate but not act desperate. That's why Elway is taking a long full look at,the position.

I think Elway is finally looking at,team building. Maybe it's because Philly just did it without their mvp qb he will not act desperate.

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

My free agent/ draft qb carousel prediction includes trades etc.

Cousins- Minnesota, they have cap , a young team, wrs, oline is improved, play in a dome. I really think Cousins wants to play indoors.

Keenum- Broncos this isn't gonna be the only qb Denver adds if this scenario plays out, but makes it unlikely they get one round 1. I think the Cousins dominos makes Denver go this route. I also think the more Cousins wait to sign at the start of free agency the more likely Denver will be out. This is musical chairs and Keenum is 1B to us.

Teddy Bridgewater Jags just because they are keeping Bortles doesn't mean they won't add competition. The fact the Henne couldn't take the job in the preseason with Bortles poor play tells you everything you need to know.

Sam Bradford Cleveland - they have so much cap so why not get a qb just to improve the roster? They went after Smith, they're a dark Horse for Cousins. I think they want to keep things flexible and getting Bradford sorta eases going qb with the first 2 picks.

Tyrod Taylor Arizona this one makes the least sense . Taylor has no relationship with the Cards or Wilks. But they're a team who wants to improve the position before the draft to be more flexible.

Nick Foles - Buffalo just makes too much since they have two firsts and some seconds and,third. McDermott has ties to Philly either they do this or trade the farm to select a rookie qb.

Sam Darnold - Giants i think this will happen if the cards fall like they're falling Darnold ad libs and is marketable. Giants fall in love.

Josh Rosen Jets I think this is a fit that requires a trade up. I think Jets want the sure safe guy rather than Mayfield at 6. The Colts would be the team trading down.

Baker Mayfield Miami Gase wants  his own qb I don't care what anyone says . I think he grabs his guy at 11. If Denver doesn't get keenum don't rule a Ryan Tannhill trade to Denver. 

Lamar Jackson Arizona they will want someone to pair taylor up with. Taylor is just a stop gap. Lamar is a dual threat who is bigger younger and more electric.

Josh Allen Denver Elway really didnt wanna go qb in round one but he landed barkley and this guys upside is too good to pass up.

They key dominos to this qb carousel are Minn, Cleveland, the Colts. If luck needs another surgery what the heck do they do?

I can't imagine that you'll exceed 20% on these predictions. 

13 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

No one is giving keenum 20 mill with 1 year of production.  No team will pay bridewater 15 mill a year with that type of injury. I could see a deal similar to the one foles signed 2 years 11 mill to compete. I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on teddy but you're crazy at 15 mill. Sig quote this.

If Keenum hits free agency, there's quite literally zero chance of him getting anything less than 20MM, and more likely he's going to command 23-25MM. Bridgewater I agree with you, there's a higher degree of risk there, but Keenum led the 2nd best team in the NFC the entire season. It's not like he is a totally unproven guy. If a team paid Glennon, who never played, you don't think someone will pay Keenum?

For the record, Keenum wasn't awful. He played downright amazing in quite a few Vikings games this year. Forget the years where he played with Jeff Fisher. Look what Fisher did by neutering Goff, and look at Goff now. Keenum, in a fairly low-risk offense with a good OL and some weapons can get you to the SB (with a good D). I would prefer Cousins or a rookie, but Keenum isn't the worst choice.

17 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

If Keenum hits free agency, there's quite literally zero chance of him getting anything less than 20MM, and more likely he's going to command 23-25MM. Bridgewater I agree with you, there's a higher degree of risk there, but Keenum led the 2nd best team in the NFC the entire season. It's not like he is a totally unproven guy. If a team paid Glennon, who never played, you don't think someone will pay Keenum?

For the record, Keenum wasn't awful. He played downright amazing in quite a few Vikings games this year. Forget the years where he played with Jeff Fisher. Look what Fisher did by neutering Goff, and look at Goff now. Keenum, in a fairly low-risk offense with a good OL and some weapons can get you to the SB (with a good D). I would prefer Cousins or a rookie, but Keenum isn't the worst choice.

Keenum played great all year I agree 2nd best qbr and is the reason Pat Shurner got a job.  I just don't see a team investing 24 million a year he may get 24 million guaranted and a 2 year  35 million dollar deal.

10 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

No you're in the top 3 guys I respect on here. I get your point but it's too short sided. Glennon got paid in Chicago but their gm also got nervous and traded up a spot to draft another qb two 4th round picks for 1 spot. Their gm shouldn't be a measuring stick they didn't have a roster last year to get desperate for that below average free agent qb. They had no weapons both qbs were destined to fail. That's like looking at Houston for a measurint stick because they gave Brock that money. 

Teams that act desperate make poor decisions see us in 2016. You can be desperate but not act desperate. That's why Elway is taking a long full look at,the position.

I think Elway is finally looking at,team building. Maybe it's because Philly just did it without their mvp qb he will not act desperate.

So, here's the dilemma from my perspective. We can sign  FA QB for about $20 million, draft around him, and hope the guys good enough. We can draft a QB at 5 and throw him to the wolves but have him for 5 years cheap or we can combine the two, FA QB spaceholder and a top draft pick.

Haven't got a clue what the best option is.

9 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So, here's the dilemma from my perspective. We can sign  FA QB for about $20 million, draft around him, and hope the guys good enough. We can draft a QB at 5 and throw him to the wolves but have him for 5 years cheap or we can combine the two, FA QB spaceholder and a top draft pick.

Haven't got a clue what the best option is.

Trade up to 1 and take the best QB instead of one with more questions than answers at 5. That is the best option.

Archived