2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

Assuming we get Sua Cravens what are our updated needs? 

For me.

1)Qb

2) te can't rely on Butt

3) guard mcgovern looked good against the colts need a plan A.

4) rb we have a short rb and one thats not durable not a good combo

5) dline I mean can you ever have enough?

I don't let most of Joseph's bad quotes bother me because frankly almost every interview in the NFL is full of BS and not worth paying attention to, but this quote just sucks

Like yeah dude, you should be grovelling at Chris' feet. Dude is playing way under market value and it breaks my heart 

19 hours ago, bMiller031 said:

Clive Walford on the market now after getting released by Oakland. Elway's patience may have paid off.

Careful. You guys already signed one of Oakland's former injury prone players in Watson. Walford has some talent, but he can't stay on the field and hasn't developed much. Good buy low option.

23 hours ago, champ11 said:

I don't let most of Joseph's bad quotes bother me because frankly almost every interview in the NFL is full of BS and not worth paying attention to, but this quote just sucks

Like yeah dude, you should be grovelling at Chris' feet. Dude is playing way under market value and it breaks my heart 

"You're not sure who played well." Get this guy away from this team as soon as possible. He's such a hack. Chris Harris deserves infinitely more respect for not only his willingness to accept well below market value, but for how good he's been for many years for this team. That Vance couldn't even come out and say, "Chris has a very strong year" and had to caveat it with "you're not sure who played well" is a major insult.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

"You're not sure who played well." Get this guy away from this team as soon as possible. He's such a hack. Chris Harris deserves infinitely more respect for not only his willingness to accept well below market value, but for how good he's been for many years for this team. That Vance couldn't even come out and say, "Chris has a very strong year" and had to caveat it with "you're not sure who played well" is a major insult.

SMH. Can someone please tell me what Elway & Co. saw in Vance? I've seen literally no redeeming qualities as a NFL head coach. We make jokes about him being Matt Russell's frat brother but, in all seriousness, is that it? Is that what prompted the hire? Is he a totally different person behind the scenes than he is when on the record?

I saw Kyle interviewed on Good Morning Football the other day and I just kept thinking that Elway's decision to go Vance over Kyle is going to haunt this team for a decade or more. 

11 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Any thoughts on Manziel?  If he shows well in this spring league, why not bring him in on a non guaranteed contract with the implicit understanding that even a sideways look gets him booted.  

A big no thanks.   He's been sober for all of 3 months.

He needs to show he still can play on the field and have his life in order.   I'm not sold he can be a difference maker in the NFL anyways (as Mike Evans probably helped him a lot more than the other way around), but his off-the-field risk is so bad, he's got to rehabilitate his image beyond a couple of workouts.   Put in his time, show he can play and be out of trouble for a full year+.    And hopefully by then, we won't be in a position to have this convo next year lol.

3 hours ago, broncos67 said:

27 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

SMH. Can someone please tell me what Elway & Co. saw in Vance? I've seen literally no redeeming qualities as a NFL head coach. We make jokes about him being Matt Russell's frat brother but, in all seriousness, is that it? Is that what prompted the hire? Is he a totally different person behind the scenes than he is when on the record?

I saw Kyle interviewed on Good Morning Football the other day and I just kept thinking that Elway's decision to go Vance over Kyle is going to haunt this team for a decade or more. 

Come on guys.   I'm sure Vance could easily tell you which of our players had a helluva practice week.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

A big no thanks.   He's been sober for all of 3 months.

He needs to show he still can play on the field and have his life in order.   I'm not sold he can be a difference maker in the NFL anyways (as Mike Evans probably helped him a lot more than the other way around), but his off-the-field risk is so bad, he's got to rehabilitate his image beyond a couple of workouts.   Put in his time, show he can play and be out of trouble for a full year+.    And hopefully by then, we won't be in a position to have this convo next year lol.

Think that's fair.

Hopefully he has got his life back on track and has a good season in the CFL, then maybe some NFL teams will be seriously interested.

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Come on guys.   I'm sure Vance could easily tell you which of our players had a helluva practice week.

He likes Tall guys.  And is a leader of men?  @AnAngryAmerican?

I would fire him simply for his inability to use the friggin headset on the sideline.  My girlfriend and I played a drinking game where every time they showed him looking down and fussing with his headset you had to take a drink.  She passed out in the first quarter.  She is not a football fan, but was shocked by how inept he looked.  I will look forward to more of it this year.

Maybe Elway said, you can keep coaching, but I am keeping your radio?

Of all the people and all of the personnel.  If I got one pick of someone to remove from their post it would be VJ, every single time.

1 hour ago, broncofan48 said:

Any thoughts on Manziel?  If he shows well in this spring league, why not bring him in on a non guaranteed contract with the implicit understanding that even a sideways look gets him booted.  

We need a Lynch, Kelly, Manziel QB room. A coach's dream 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

I've got nothing, tbh. I tried to have an open mind and be positive about Vance last summer and it certainly has not paid off.

Looks like a major mistake. We all know why Elway didn't want Shanahan here....but the prospect of a Elway/Kubiak roster is frankly much less fun than the Shanahan roster. 

Archived