2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

We need a Lynch, Kelly, Manziel QB room. A coach's dream 

Recently I’ve come up with this scheme:  Draft Barkley trade away All the skill positions guys and the QBs minus one. 

Invest draft capital and FA $$ into OL and defense

Next season have 15 OL on the roster and direct snap to Barkley.  Quarter long drives resulting in TDs cause no one else will have enough guys to stop it.  

Trust the D to get a few stops while they’re well rested, fair catch everything and preach not fumbling

Super boring but good luck stopping it

2 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

With Wright signing with the Vikings any chance we trade for Treadwell?

Not sure why we would. Treadwell has done absolutely nothing. It's not like he has great rapport with Keenum. Just find a good young WR in the draft.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

Not sure why we would. Treadwell has done absolutely nothing. It's not like he has great rapport with Keenum. Just find a good young WR in the draft.

The value tier is also in the mid 2nd-3rd round IMO.    We’d get a cheap cost controlled WR for 4-5 years.   Treadwell being a first round pick means he has 3 years left but only 2 which are cheap-ish.   

The problem with Treadwell isn’t just bad fit with MIN - he can’t separate from NFL level speed and press coverage.   The injury left him enough athleticism to win in college when he came back but he just can’t beat NFL corners to get open.   He could still win by boxing out and being a guy who uses his body and height to win contested balls - but he’s lost most of those battles (one highlight reel play vs. GB notwithstanding). 

I’ve been advocating for going after cheap young talent that could help us from 2019.   Treadwell sadly doesn’t look to be that player.   The extra draw of a guy like Cravens is he’d fill a need and be ready to help right away.  I’m not sure Treadwell would be readier to help us right away than a rookie (and I’m not counting on the rookie for much early lol). 

18 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I could see Webster back here honestly. He's an ST asset and a known commodity. It's not a bad idea.

He just wasn’t worth keeping at 2 yrs / 7.5M as our 4th CB that LAR offered.   As a 3rd CB candidate with Brock and 4th / ST ace as a fallback if we could get him at 2M AAV for 2-3 year deal with only 2018 guaranteed then it would be worth considering.  We need it to be cheap and with extra years (without guarantees) given our cap situation though. 

Its a sad commentary that we even need to consider it.   Langley being so raw hurts us to not even be able to depend on him to be a 4th CB.   The fact we brought in Delvin Breaux after signing Brock speaks volumes to how little faith they have that Langley is ready to even just help at 3rd/4th CB now.  

30 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

Didn’t realize Webster is coming off an achilles injury. Probably not gonna have much of a market at all. Still worth a training camp look to see if he still has that gunner speed. 

Achilles?  Damn I thought it was his shoulder I lost track of him.   He should only be coming in on a vet min deal then I take back my comment about even 2M.   Those are iffier to come back from all the way.   Still worth a look if he’s priced right since he knows our system and if he’s back would be a clear asset. 

Archived