2018 Free Agency Discussion Thread

AnAngryAmerican

Hard to sell Denver as a "win now" situation when you're willing to end what has been the defense's biggest matchup advantage for several years. The nickel corner, essentially a starter in today's NFL, more than likely becomes a liability next year, good corners cost money and are rarely consistent as rookies. Suddenly Von and CHJ are the only pieces offenses really need to worry about, and you can double Von and ignore Harris. Stewart looks to be slowing down, Barrett and Ray haven't shown they can take the pressure off Von, the LBs can't cover a soul and now you add questions at corner. That defense might be closer to middle of the pack than elite.

4 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Saw on rotoworld Joe Thomas doesnt think he will resign with Cleveland.  If Elway doesn't spend a bunch on Cousins do you think he would go after Thomas and kick Bolles to RT?

Correct me if I’m wrong because I could be, but Thomas isn’t an FA until 2019.  It would take a trade to get Thomas for this season. 

I read the same and it almost seems like Thomas is letting everyone know, this coming season will be his last and the Browns need to prepare for his departure.

5 hours ago, broncofan48 said:

Saw on rotoworld Joe Thomas doesnt think he will resign with Cleveland.  If Elway doesn't spend a bunch on Cousins do you think he would go after Thomas and kick Bolles to RT?

Sign Thomas, draft an OT in the first two rounds. We're so horrendously undermanned at OT we need lots of help.

13 minutes ago, brncos4life said:

what's ur guys thoughts on trading for foles. or keenum which both would be cheaper than cousins. i personally want cousins if we can make it work

I brought this up a week ago or 2 no one is on board with it. Cousins could realistically be a system qb as well. I also don't think eagles let him go.

37 minutes ago, brncos4life said:

what's ur guys thoughts on trading for foles. or keenum which both would be cheaper than cousins. i personally want cousins if we can make it work

STOP GOING CHEAP! Either show Cousins the cash or pay big in picks to move up and get Rosen. Anything else is a huge disappointment and will just be a bridge until a new coaching staff and front office take over in a year.

28 minutes ago, FireVanceJoseph said:

STOP GOING CHEAP! Either show Cousins the cash or pay big in picks to move up and get Rosen. Anything else is a huge disappointment and will just be a bridge until a new coaching staff and front office take over in a year.

I'm not convinced that Cousins is a clear-cut, definitively better play than Keenum + the 12million he saves. The difference between paying a QB 30m/yr and 18m/yr could be the difference between filling 2-3 holes elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, brncos4life said:

I'd be much more interested in Foles if he was available in free agency - not at all if we give up draft capital to acquire him, which we would. 

14 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I'm not convinced that Cousins is a clear-cut, definitively better play than Keenum + the 12million he saves. The difference between paying a QB 30m/yr and 18m/yr could be the difference between filling 2-3 holes elsewhere. 

I'd be much more interested in Foles if he was available in free agency - not at all if we give up draft capital to acquire him, which we would. 

Keenum is an awful QB that shouldn't even be considered. The fact that he will get close to $20m somewhere is an absolute joke. Cousins IS a  clear-cut, definitively better QB than him. Elway might as well just quit immediately if he fails to land Cousins or Rosen because next season will be even more painful than this one.

19 minutes ago, FireVanceJoseph said:

Keenum is an awful QB that shouldn't even be considered. The fact that he will get close to $20m somewhere is an absolute joke. Cousins IS a  clear-cut, definitively better QB than him. Elway might as well just quit immediately if he fails to land Cousins or Rosen because next season will be even more painful than this one.

I'm fine with Rosen or another qb in the class I think these guys have great work ethic. They care about being the best more than popularity.,that's  a huge,step to being the guy.

10 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm fine with Rosen or another qb in the class I think these guys have great work ethic. They care about being the best more than popularity.,that's  a huge,step to being the guy.

Elway needs to get Cousins or Rosen or I'll just stop following the NFL until January.

Archived