NBA 2k18 Thread

I really hope that the myGM storyline doesn't turn into what they've done with myCareer lately, where for the first couple hours your decisions really don't matter as they push you from one cutscene to the next. Sounds like they're trying to avoid it, but as someone that loves myGM in 2k, I'm slightly worried. If they do it right, it could be great though.

Really like the idea of the "G-League" and two-way contracts.

Also pretty intrigued by draft-and-stash players.

I hope there is an option to turn the narrative off if it sucks.  

I'm skeptical.  The fun part of being the GM is building the franchise and winning games, not having conversations with players.  

I am however excited about the addition of the G League to the GM mode.  Being able to draft and stash foreign prospects is also an awesome addition.  They also claim to have improved the cpu generated draft classes, which will be the best update if true.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I hope there is an option to turn the narrative off if it sucks.  

I'm skeptical.  The fun part of being the GM is building the franchise and winning games, not having conversations with players.  

I've hated the way MyCareer has went. I don't mind a narrative but unskippable cut scenes that I just cringe and sometimes doesn't mesh with how you'd want your story to play out. The GOOD thing about this is, MyLeague probably won't have all the narrative stuff or players asking for stupid things over and over, so at least we'd get the added features without the story. However, I dunno about you but I preferred MyLeague after my first couple MyGM's, but I feel MyLeague leaves a little something to be desired when winning, as opposed MyGM, and I can't put my finger on why that is right now. 

Also, I hope they nerf the MyGM abilities. I like how you can rank up your GM, but it gets to a point where it's EZMODE. 

1 minute ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

I've hated the way MyCareer has went. I don't mind a narrative but unskippable cut scenes that I just cringe and sometimes doesn't mesh with how you'd want your story to play out. The GOOD thing about this is, MyLeague probably won't have all the narrative stuff or players asking for stupid things over and over, so at least we'd get the added features without the story. However, I dunno about you but I preferred MyLeague after my first couple MyGM's, but I feel MyLeague leaves a little something to be desired when winning, as opposed MyGM, and I can't put my finger on why that is right now. 

Also, I hope they nerf the MyGM abilities. I like how you can rank up your GM, but it gets to a point where it's EZMODE. 

I usually play MyGM because I like dealing with the owner and the prospect of maybe getting fired.  But yeah, once you're leveled up its basically impossible to tank a season even with the worst roster.  

Beyond just upgraded draft prospects I hope they fix progression as well.  The prospects themselves aren't really the problem, its that they don't develop once they get into the league.  

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I usually play MyGM because I like dealing with the owner and the prospect of maybe getting fired.  But yeah, once you're leveled up its basically impossible to tank a season even with the worst roster.  

Beyond just upgraded draft prospects I hope they fix progression as well.  The prospects themselves aren't really the problem, its that they don't develop once they get into the league.  

With MyLeague it felt like when I won a championship it would just be 'ho hum'. 

Yeah, at least players on your team would be the ones that progressed, and with MyGM abilities, you could take a 2nd rounder, do nothing with him and he's an 85 in 3 years. 

3 hours ago, Mr. bDoDDleS said:

Yup, I used to love MyCareer. But the narrative and cut scenes are just brutal. And for the main story part of it, your decisions seem to have absolutely no impact on how things play out. I'm fine adding a little story into myGM, but hopefully it's not quite as linear and you actually have some control with the way things progress.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope My Career is fixed. 2k17 it was aweful. I've never experienced such nonsense from this mode ever. Felt like it was nothing more than a BETA for 2k18. After playing Live 18 Demo, 2k18 will once again be the main hoops game. I hope they stepped it up from last years disappointment 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

So my wife wants to go to europe for 2 weeks for our wedding anniversary, which will be when 2k18 is launched.  Divorce her?

Shouldn't even have to ask the question, you know what to do.

Played the live 18 demo and game play still sucks.

On 8/14/2017 at 3:10 PM, MKnight82 said:

So my wife wants to go to europe for 2 weeks for our wedding anniversary, which will be when 2k18 is launched.  Divorce her?

She'd probably be ok with you taking your PS4 with you, playing after she goes to sleep and spending your mornings posting on a football forum about the progress of your franchise. Right? Right?!?

If not, yeah, it's probably time to get out.

It'd take a lot of cool features for me to even consider buying this. As far as I'm concerned NBA 2K17 is the best sports game of all time and I'll be set for the next decade as far as NBA entertainment goes.

Archived