NBA 2k18 Thread

On 9/6/2017 at 3:16 PM, RuskieTitan said:

Debating picking up a PS4 slim (Amazon bundle with uncharted 4) mainly to play Madden and NBA2K18. Please advise whether I should or shouldn't. The last 2K game I played was 2K14 I believe, my roommate and I ran a two team league and it was a blast, also had fun with my own player. I know this game hasn't launched yet but from the article on page 1 it looks great for offline players like me to run a team in a franchise mode.

Whether it's worth a system purchase or not would be solely up to you, but if you're asking if 2K is good for offline players, I think it's the best in the business by a pretty wide margin, as far as sports simulation games go.  MyLeague is a pretty customizable  mode, where you can control almost anything going on in the league.   MyGM has more RPG type elements to it, and you're only controlling the GM of one franchise.   Those two modes have come a long way since 2k14.  No other sports franchises have a mode in the class of either one, yet alone both.  Madden was a pass for me this year, so I can't really speak on if it's a system mover or not, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  

On 9/6/2017 at 4:44 AM, steelcurtain29 said:

What's not to like, honestly. It's a very open-world look at the game. Gives you freedom and the ability to actually feel like you're in a community playing street ball. I wish NHL did anything remotely close to this. 

Also, this could mean a ton of less loading screens... That's always a big plus.

I haven't read anything about the game but as a mostly mypark kinda guy, is this what we're going to be looking at?

23 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

CAN YOU EXPLAIN IT

based on what I have seen on youtube with the gameplay and trailer, you can walk around your neighborhood and stuff. You can go to foot locker and buy shoes. Go to the barbershop and get a haircut. Go to the gym to lift weights and stuff. Do 3 point contests and dunk contests with other people. Here are the videos I saw.

Just now, Troy Brown said:

So is mypark dead? I have to go to work in 2 hours so I was thinking of downloading the prelude but I also need to work on my resume so I probably won't

No, it's just ingrained into the Neighborhood.  You don't have to load up MyCareer, walk into your warehouse, and then load MyPark now.  You just load MyCareer, and then walk to one of the outdoor courts where people are playing pick up. 

That sounds awesome. I never really read much about 2k as I like to be totally surprised by new features but they definitely needed to upgrade and add more to mypark which I think is the best part of about video games right now. Except I don't know how to glitch or whatever they do. 

I'm trying to see if I did this right?  Has anyone redeemed their code that came with their game? I went to the PS store and redeemed the code, and it in fact does say I redeemed it. Is that it? I thought it would have something in the download place on my PS4 like last years. 

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'm trying to see if I did this right?  Has anyone redeemed their code that came with their game? I went to the PS store and redeemed the code, and it in fact does say I redeemed it. Is that it? I thought it would have something in the download place on my PS4 like last years. 

Yeah it should prompt you to download it with the universal download arrow 

Archived