NBA 2k18 Thread

I don't understand who 2k pays to create the MyCareer plot.  Like I get that they want to aim it at kids but the cringe is literally unbelievable.  And I hate using the word cringe.  DJ??  Like seriously.  I quit basketball to become a DJ and now I play street ball to make it to an NBA tryout.  I just got the game and have only played the prelude so far but its just so idiotic.  Just let me play a couple college games, maybe some pre draft games/combine workouts.  And let that decide where I get drafted and go from there.

10 minutes ago, grubs10 said:

I don't understand who 2k pays to create the MyCareer plot.  Like I get that they want to aim it at kids but the cringe is literally unbelievable.  And I hate using the word cringe.  DJ??  Like seriously.  I quit basketball to become a DJ and now I play street ball to make it to an NBA tryout.  I just got the game and have only played the prelude so far but its just so idiotic.  Just let me play a couple college games, maybe some pre draft games/combine workouts.  And let that decide where I get drafted and go from there.

Yeah, especially since my character literally looks and sounds the part of the goofy moron that says nothing relevant on any disney channel original. 

4 hours ago, grubs10 said:

I read that as YOU quitting basketball to become a dj and it made me laugh at you and question your whole post.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I read that as YOU quitting basketball to become a dj and it made me laugh at you and question your whole post.

Haha I can see how that might of happened the way i typed it.  But that proves how stupid it is.  It baffles me how that idea got the go ahead.  

Really hesitant to buy it this year, while the major gaming sites reviews have been fine...those should always be taken with a grain of salt because they always give just about every sports game decent reviews (even madden is consistently rated 8/10 or higher) 

Actual reviews from gamers that I've read so far have been overwhelmingly negative...lot of complaints about 2k ruining both mycareer and myGM this year with terrible story lines and even more cut scenes that can't be skipped, etc...most I've seen had only negative things to say about "the neighborhood" and a LOT of complaints saying that 2k has put even more focus on VC to progress your player without taking a very very long time to do it. Someone even said that in an obvious effort to tempt people to buy VC even more 2k eliminated the game earnings bonuses for playing on the higher difficulties...can anyone confirm that? That's just pathetic if true. The main complaint I've seen that worries me though is that a lot of people are saying the gameplay has not only not been improved but is actually worse this year than 17 was.

I can't believe I'm about to say this...but I really hope the crew over at EA gets their stuff together and improves Live because it looks like 2k is starting to the madden route...the dominant share of the marketplace seems to be making them complacent and unless Live starts to get some traction in sales to compete I don't see them doing anything to really change any of the major issues.

I just want mycareer to be great again :( I don't care about the crappy cringy storylines, I don't want the terrible cutscenes that I wish I never had to watch in the first place, I just want to create my player, progress him (without having to pay money to do so without taking multiple seasons to make him good) and make him the greatest of all time...is that too much to ask? Oh...and do so without having to choose a player type that forces him to either be a jack of all trades master of none, or extremely one dimensional...the fact that it's literally impossible to have a player in mycareer that's even remotely close to being on par with even the low end upper tier players (let alone someone like Lebron or MJ) pisses me off.
"

man yall buggin, the new my player mode is dope to me. I like how you have to reach a certain level to unlock stuff. i dont really care about not being drafted by a team. The extra stuff on the game mode is good too such as deciding what to wear before the game in the lockeroom, and the 2k place where you can play trivia and stuff. so far im liking it.

55 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Anyone on Xbox? Could use some people to play MyPark with.

I can't understand the hate for The Neighborhood! It's incredible! PLUS! NO LOADING TIMES! How can you complain about that?

What'd archetype did you go with for myparking? 

If we were on the same console, I'd play all day with you

I got to play for about an hour and then i went out of town and the actual gameplay seems dope so I'm not being a complete hater.  Its just the story line and cutscenes are so damn corny from what I've seen.   2k keep it simple it shouldn't be hard.  They could do it like madden and nhl have where you could choose your team and go undrafted or choose to play yourself and get drafted by an unchosen team based on performance.  And I like being a lottery pick honestly.  How old are you even supposed to be in mycareer?

5 hours ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I usually go with a big man, but I decided to play as a SG. Went with three point shooting and I think ball handling? Smaller guard for now, but I only played a few games on MyPark and I was out-rebounding Center's xDxD

I liked being a center on 2k16. Tried my hand at a sharpshooter last year. I went with a driving/finishing with a 3pt secondary 6'5 small forward this time. Figure that's all I can do on mypark anyway since I can't figure out the friggin dribble moves people cheese with 

Hey guys got a quick question for you all,  so I decided to get a basketball game this year (last one was Live 99-yikes) but not sure if I should get 2k17 or get 2k18. Is there a significant difference between the 2 outside of "the neighborhood"? I'm not sure how I feel about the neighborhood yet, it has some cool ideas but seams kinda corny. I don't know what features I care about since I haven't played a basketball game in so long. I imagine a lot of GM or my career mode taking most of my time. 

Archived