NBA 2k18 Thread

10 minutes ago, indifference said:

Has anyone done MyLeague online? I'm curious how does the XP system works after you have a player on your team that wins awards like MVP, DPOTY, NBA all first team, etc...

Does 2k auto increase ratings or can you select how to use the XP that the player has earned?

Do players earn XP in online League's?  I haven't played an online MyLeague, so I can't fully answer your question, but players don't earn XP in any of the offline modes.  They auto progress through 2k's system, based on their potential, age, peak windows, playing time and injury.  I'd imagine the online is the same way.  It's not like Madden, where individuals earn XP, and then you use that to purchase attribute upgrades.  At least not in the offline MyLeague or MyGM, it's not. 

2 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Do players earn XP in online League's?  I haven't played an online MyLeague, so I can't fully answer your question, but players don't earn XP in any of the offline modes.  They auto progress through 2k's system, based on their potential, age, peak windows, playing time and injury.  I'd imagine the online is the same way.  It's not like Madden, where individuals earn XP, and then you use that to purchase attribute upgrades.  At least not in the offline MyLeague or MyGM, it's not. 

I'm not sure. I know in the old 2K leagues you had the power to increase player A's certain attributes off the points he earned during the season. I'm with you though I feel like the offline modes are going to be the exact same as online modes.

My next question is, how big of progression do guys make their jump? I just recently won a Championship with Giannis, Thon Maker, Brogdon, Middelton, and Iggy. I'm really hoping Giannis can improve his shooting.

On 10/16/2017 at 3:48 PM, indifference said:

I'm not sure. I know in the old 2K leagues you had the power to increase player A's certain attributes off the points he earned during the season. I'm with you though I feel like the offline modes are going to be the exact same as online modes.

My next question is, how big of progression do guys make their jump? I just recently won a Championship with Giannis, Thon Maker, Brogdon, Middelton, and Iggy. I'm really hoping Giannis can improve his shooting.

Depending on all those factors I listed, guys who are still in their peak windows, with potential still left to grow, can get anywhere from just 1 to 8 overall better.  Most guys seem to sit in that 3-5 type area, when things are going their way, and they have room to grow.  I've seen guys progress as much as 10 points, when they're in the D-League, or stashed overseas.  

Without actually seeing your roster, I'd guess Giannis would progress around 2, maybe 3 points, since his overall is already so high.  Middleton closer to 1 or 2, since his potential rating isn't really high and he'll be 27.  Thon 4 or 5, with the high potential and guessing you gave him solid playing time.  Iggy won't progress at all, unless it's like 1 point.  He's more likely to regress than progress.   

Thon should end up seeing the biggest jump.  

They have a system in place, but it's still a little random.  It's not static, like this guy progresses exactly this much when x,y,z happen.  You can save right before the progression stage of the offseason, and then keep reloading it, and you'll see different guys make different jumps, albeit, all of the jumps are within a 1 or 2 point variance of each other for each individual.   

46 minutes ago, jyod21 said:

Depending on all those factors I listed, guys who are still in their peak windows, with potential still left to grow, can get anywhere from just 1 to 8 overall better.  Most guys seem to sit in that 3-5 type area, when things are going their way, and they have room to grow.  I've seen guys progress as much as 10 points, when they're in the D-League, or stashed overseas.  

Without actually seeing your roster, I'd guess Giannis would progress around 2, maybe 3 points, since his overall is already so high.  Middleton closer to 1 or 2, since his potential rating isn't really high and he'll be 27.  Thon 4 or 5, with the high potential and guessing you gave him solid playing time.  Iggy won't progress at all, unless it's like 1 point.  He's more likely to regress than progress.   

Thon should end up seeing the biggest jump.  

They have a system in place, but it's still a little random.  It's not static, like this guy progresses exactly this much when x,y,z happen.  You can save right before the progression stage of the offseason, and then keep reloading it, and you'll see different guys make different jumps, albeit, all of the jumps are within a 1 or 2 point variance of each other for each individual.   

You are spot on. Giannis is like a 93, Thon went up by like 2 but now has an 87 open three, Middleton and Brogdon went up as well by 2 on their 3 ball. The shooting on my team is insane and its too easy now. I

10 minutes ago, indifference said:

You are spot on. Giannis is like a 93, Thon went up by like 2 but now has an 87 open three, Middleton and Brogdon went up as well by 2 on their 3 ball. The shooting on my team is insane and its too easy now. I

Haha, if all of those guys became knock down shooters in real life, the Bucks would be having an easy time every night, too.  

5 minutes ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

so is this game a flop? I feel like it went from hype level 100 to the most hated game this year

I wouldn't call it a flop, but the hype train has definitely slowed down.  The game released a month ago, and the past month has basically been the community being glorified beta testers.  The game is coming up short, off the court.  On the court, it's the best playing 2k to date.  I just hope they don't patch it into oblivion in order to appease the online community that wants to shoot 80% around the rim, and 90% on open threes.  I'm not holding my breath though, as it seems they're already heading in that direction. 

That and their VC greed seems to have reached a new high.  I don't really play anything that requires VC, so it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the game, but users have been very vocal about their displeasure over 2k's implementation of VC.  That's the vocal group that's killing them online. 

I found a huge exploitation glitch in the game last night.  In MyGM, if you sim until right right before you level your GM, then hit exit MyGM (which auto saves progress), then reload MyGM and sim a game.  Your GM will level.  Then repeat by immediately exiting MyGM to auto save, then reload.  Your GM will retain the level you gained (and whatever trait you increased), but the game will reset your xp counter to just before you leveled.  

So rinse and repeat, my GM got to level 158 in 30 min.

• 1 month later...
On 10/18/2017 at 10:44 AM, jyod21 said:

I don't really play anything that requires VC, so it doesn't hamper my enjoyment of the game

Same for me.  I pretty much only play this game online vs other users.  I saw people talking about online leagues and that is one of the things I am most interested in with this game along with playing random people in online ranked matches.  I haven't checked out online leagues yet, but I would love to play in one.

1 hour ago, 49er pride said:

how are in-game cut scenes?

The most annoying thing about 2k17 my career was whenever a timeout was called it would go to the coaches huddle and took forever to skip.

I never played 2k17 but it’s sounds like 2k18 is about the same

Archived