4th Quarter Mock 2018

Madmike90

9 minutes ago, Rogerthat said:

Nice work. What would you do if there no trade market for the 8th pick. You’re assuming that a QB will be there that the redskins or another team want. 

If we didn't have the additional 3rd + 4th I would look to sign a vet guard as a stop gap to compete inside and hope Kush or Grasu can step up at C to allow Whitehair to play guard if we couldn't draft Smith...Kiser is a bit of a luxuary as we would be okay starting Trevathan & Minter with Nicky K and Jones as backups...at #8 I probably still go Ridley unless one of the quality defenders falls a little.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:44 PM, Madmike90 said:

I think we are in a strong position with him where we could tag him and if he plays well the first 6-8 games then we tie him up long term...much like Philly did with Alshon...

I think we are going to start being a team who pay our own and don't go big in FA.

If we tag him and don't sign him to a long term deal by the deadline, july 15th, then he plays the year on the tag and can't be signed long term until after the season

On 1/14/2018 at 1:26 PM, Madmike90 said:

If we didn't have the additional 3rd + 4th I would look to sign a vet guard as a stop gap to compete inside and hope Kush or Grasu can step up at C to allow Whitehair to play guard if we couldn't draft Smith...Kiser is a bit of a luxuary as we would be okay starting Trevathan & Minter with Nicky K and Jones as backups...at #8 I probably still go Ridley unless one of the quality defenders falls a little.

Kush was a Center in college, but I don't recall him getting reps at that position with the Bears.  Given some of the struggles Whitehair had there during the season, do you think Kush will get some of those reps during camp this year?

12 hours ago, bkokot said:

Kush was a Center in college, but I don't recall him getting reps at that position with the Bears.  Given some of the struggles Whitehair had there during the season, do you think Kush will get some of those reps during camp this year?

I think Kush would have easily been the top backup this year...if he can be a find and allow Whitehair to play guard then great but in a new scheme with new coaches those reserve guys need to fit what we are looking for so hopefully Kush, Morgan & Grasu show some value.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Kush would have easily been the top backup this year...if he can be a find and allow Whitehair to play guard then great but in a new scheme with new coaches those reserve guys need to fit what we are looking for so hopefully Kush, Morgan & Grasu show some value.

Grasu is a lost cause.

I just hope Kush can come all the way back. That type of hamstring injury is bad for a big man.

39 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Grasu is a lost cause.

I just hope Kush can come all the way back. That type of hamstring injury is bad for a big man.

Grasu is at best a backup C. He can't really play the position well at all without getting pushed in the backfield. 

17 hours ago, bkokot said:

Kush played center for KC and STL. Pretty sure he was slotted into the starting C position during LA's Hard Knocks season, then they cut him and we picked him up. 

Archived