49ers LB Reuben Foster arrested on marijuana charge

RaidersAreOne

2nd violation gets a fine.  First was dilute sample at the Combine.  Still incredibly stupid on his part either way.  

The pot policy is dumb but it is what it is.  Keep your nose clean and get paid if you are an elite player.  Not a hard decision.  

6 hours ago, 3rivers said:

oh, goodell and his control of the players int his league. So does the nflpa sit down with the goodell every so often to try to get a player reinstated? How does all that work?

It’s up to the player to apply for reinstatement and then Goodell meets with the player and whatever else he deems necessary before deciding whether to reinstate him or not. 

If I remember correctly a player once applied for reinstatement before he was allowed to and had to wait a couple months before he could reapply. 

13 minutes ago, jarren said:

Why is he even spending his off-season in Alabama?

This is one that gets me. It seems like troubled Alabama LB's always end up going back there and nothing good results. It's like once you stop playing for Saban, they don't realize that they're just rift raft in the eyes of the cops there.

1 hour ago, jarren said:

Why is he even spending his off-season in Alabama?

57 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

This is one that gets me. It seems like troubled Alabama LB's always end up going back there and nothing good results. It's like once you stop playing for Saban, they don't realize that they're just rift raft in the eyes of the cops there.

I would imagine SF is going to address this given the events today.   Some ppl have to learn the hard way though.   

I mean, it's not the most egregious misdemeanour is it, but if it's outlawed and you run the risk of losing your job (which just happens to be starting linebacker for an NFL team earning millions of cashhh) then why run the risk? 

Anyway. Great player. Let's hope he doesn't go down the Gordon route.

46 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I get it, marijuana rule is dumb...

but when you already are on NFL watch, probably shouldn't be tryin' to do this type of thing where you can get caught.

it just isn't very intelligent.

Under the CBA Stage 1 is only 90 days.  It’s actually possible Foster was already out of the program.   You have to get a repeat positive test to stay in the program during those 90 days to stay in the program.   And a total of 4 violations to get suspended.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/football-insider/wp/2016/11/03/nfl-substance-abuse-policy-a-41-page-road-map-to-a-four-game-suspension/

Now it’s always possible there were other tests failed between the Combine and now but if not Foster is likely not even in the program.  Still incredibly stupid he’s going to lose 2 game Cheques even if this is only his 2nd mistake here and now he’s 2 strikes away from an actual suspension.   The policy is incredibly stupid but it’s there and if it’s the requirement to get paid millions down the road well not a hard decision.  Fortunate for him it’s a misdemeanor likely gets nothing but a fine but hopefully a wake up call for good.   

20 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I mean, it's not the most egregious misdemeanour is it, but if it's outlawed and you run the risk of losing your job (which just happens to be starting linebacker for an NFL team earning millions of cashhh) then why run the risk? 

Anyway. Great player. Let's hope he doesn't go down the Gordon route.

This

Regardless of your feelings on it, the NFL has a policy against it. Hopefully this will be his only infraction

Archived