John Elway’s career stats and our current QB situation.

Zukhyubern

McCaffrey used to be one of my all time favorite Broncos.  Still have a lot of respect for how he played the game.  But the guy off the field is a P.O.S.

A guy I work with’s son played in the same youth league as the McCaffrey’s and Ed coached his sons teams.  I guess he was completely out of control.  Threatened coaches, officials, and would taunt and talk trash to opposing players who were like 9 years old.  He’d meet officials in the parking lots, even after his team had won and try and fight them.  After a loss he shoved an opposing coach to the ground when they were shaking hands after the game.  Then stood in front of the coaches vehicle and refused to let him in the car until the coach “settle the situation like a man” eventually when the cops were going to get called he left screaming and yelling.

His wife also isn’t much better.  She would sneak to other teams practices and try and record and take notes of what they were doing.  She’d go as far as disguising herself and would wear baggy clothes and hoodies and hats.  One coach finally confronted her and told her to set a better example for all the kids and she quietly left.  When Ed found out he began calling the coaches work and making false complaints about him that went on for a month.  He then showed up at the guys work and demanded he be fired.

Nut jobs.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

McCaffrey used to be one of my all time favorite Broncos.  Still have a lot of respect for how he played the game.  But the guy off the field is a P.O.S.

A guy I work with’s son played in the same youth league as the McCaffrey’s and Ed coached his sons teams.  I guess he was completely out of control.  Threatened coaches, officials, and would taunt and talk trash to opposing players who were like 9 years old.  He’d meet officials in the parking lots, even after his team had won and try and fight them.  After a loss he shoved an opposing coach to the ground when they were shaking hands after the game.  Then stood in front of the coaches vehicle and refused to let him in the car until the coach “settle the situation like a man” eventually when the cops were going to get called he left screaming and yelling.

His wife also isn’t much better.  She would sneak to other teams practices and try and record and take notes of what they were doing.  She’d go as far as disguising herself and would wear baggy clothes and hoodies and hats.  One coach finally confronted her and told her to set a better example for all the kids and she quietly left.  When Ed found out he began calling the coaches work and making false complaints about him that went on for a month.  He then showed up at the guys work and demanded he be fired.

Nut jobs.

So is Bill Bellicheck with Spy Gate and Bounty gate. Bottom line, being competitive is what made McCaffrey a 2 time Superbowl champion. 

6 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

So is Bill Bellicheck with Spy Gate and Bounty gate. Bottom line, being competitive is what made McCaffrey a 2 time Superbowl champion. 

When it’s your profession, I get it to an extent.

When your dealing with 9 year olds, volunteer coaches/officials, and then getting so angry you try and get a guy fired from his actual job you’re a complete idiot.

Further, what kind of tool whose a 6’5” former professional athlete wants to settle differences by challenging average joes to fights any time something doesn’t go his way?  He’s a fool who puts on a good act when the camera is on, not unlike many athletes/celebrities.

5 minutes ago, germ-x said:

When it’s your profession, I get it to an extent.

When your dealing with 9 year olds, volunteer coaches/officials, and then getting so angry you try and get a guy fired from his actual job you’re a complete idiot.

Further, what kind of tool whose a 6’5” former professional athlete wants to settle differences by challenging average joes to fights any time something doesn’t go his way?  He’s a fool who puts on a good act when the camera is on, not unlike many athletes/celebrities.

I think he views making his sons successful his  profession.  I'm not saying it's  right but I understand it. And all 3 played d 1 football or made the NFL I respect it even more. He probably never liked participation trophies. 

I was in Boy scouts same stuff happened there. The kids dads would basically do the work for their merit badges. And one time we had to hand craft a rocket. Mine was made by me there's was mostly their dads. It had to fly to get the badge. Mine did theirs didn't so I got the badge they didn't.  They cursed the instructor  out and had resentment for me. So I quit didn't  enjoy it anymore.

My rocket looked terrible crooked didn't fly straight but it flew. 

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I think he views making his sons successful his  profession.  I'm not saying it's  right but I understand it. And all 3 played d 1 football or made the NFL I respect it even more. He probably never liked participation trophies. 

I was in Boy scouts same stuff happened there. The kids dads would basically do the work for their merit badges. And one time we had to hand craft a rocket. Mine was made by me there's was mostly their dads. It had to fly to get the badge. Mine did theirs didn't so I got the badge they didn't.  They cursed the instructor  out and had resentment for me. So I quit didn't  enjoy it anymore.

My rocket looked terrible crooked didn't fly straight but it flew. 

It doesn’t have anything to do with participation trophies (which I don’t agree with, by the way).  Where does trying to get a guy fired from a job over he and his wife getting caught cheating have anything to do with trophies or being competitive, or even the benefit of his children?  Sure in the heat of a moment or game things can happen, you get fired up and do something you probably shouldn’t.  Hell, I was ejected from a HS basketball game for getting upset after a non call and turning and throwing the dude into the stands.  Coached baseball and got in an argument with an opposing coach and got restricted to the dugout for the rest of the double header, so I get it.  But, I didn’t go out and try and get a guy fired from his profession afterward.  Further, none of those actions were for the “team” or the “kids” I was coaching.  Looking back on it, it was all about me being pissed off and can’t be spun in a way to look any different.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

It doesn’t have anything to do with participation trophies (which I don’t agree with, by the way).  Where does trying to get a guy fired from a job over he and his wife getting caught cheating have anything to do with trophies or being competitive, or even the benefit of his children?  Sure in the heat of a moment or game things can happen, you get fired up and do something you probably shouldn’t.  Hell, I was ejected from a HS basketball game for getting upset after a non call and turning and throwing the dude into the stands.  Coached baseball and got in an argument with an opposing coach and got restricted to the dugout for the rest of the double header, so I get it.  But, I didn’t go out and try and get a guy fired from his profession afterward.  Further, none of those actions were for the “team” or the “kids” I was coaching.  Looking back on it, it was all about me being pissed off and can’t be spun in a way to look any different.

I get what you're saying but some people especially athletes have only one gear and that's intense. I'm not vouching for it it's just the way it is. And Mac and his wife were competitive athletes. 

Alot of it could be related to playing the game of football as well. My coach used to say it's the greatest game because you get to legally beat the hell out of people. It could be a coping mechanism. I don't hold it against him.

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I get what you're saying but some people especially athletes have only one gear and that's intense. I'm not vouching for it it's just the way it is. And Mac and his wife were competitive athletes. 

Alot of it could be related to playing the game of football as well. My coach used to say it's the greatest game because you get to legally beat the hell out of people. It could be a coping mechanism. I don't hold it against him.

Again, loved him as a football player.  Played the game the right way and with a dedication in every phase that isn’t often seen anymore.

But just because he was an excellent player doesn’t make him a good person.

To each their own I guess.

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

Again, loved him as a football player.  Played the game the right way and with a dedication in every phase that isn’t often seen anymore.

But just because he was an excellent player doesn’t make him a good person.

To each their own I guess.

I guess I'm  just able to seperate the two. It's not like he's  Darren Sharper off the field.

On 1/14/2018 at 5:35 PM, germ-x said:

Nut jobs.

Not trying to discredit you, germ but I hope your co-worker isn’t a reliable source. Just sayin ;)

23 hours ago, champ11 said:

I'm surprised I haven't heard that stuff about McCaffrey since I grew up in an adjacent city to those guys, but I believe it 

They played a big role in getting Valor started, purely because they didn't want their kids to go to Mullen. So Germ's story wouldn't really surprise me.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:35 PM, germ-x said:

Nut jobs.

Well germ-x, it seems like that's a lot of faith to put into "a guy I worked withs son" and his father when dealing with accusations like that. I'm sure there's more than one side to this story.

I'd think if those stories were true, by now there'd be a lot more backup, not to mention lawsuits, etc.

Archived