2018 KR/PR Thread

MNPackfan32

23 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Mike Hughes, CB, UCF is pretty good.

Agreed, Hughes is a great kick return man but with how good he could be at corner not sure he will do it at the next level, will see. 

In terms of pure return men it is...

Dante Pettis Washington

Quadree Henderson Pitt JR

Christian Kirk Texas A&M JR

DJ Reed Kansas State JR

Ray-Ray McCloud Clemson

De'Mornay Pierson-El Nebraska

There are others that can do it but these guys have the most upside.  Pierson-El has disappointed a little I think but has a lot of potential as a return man specifically and does it naturally. Ray Ray with his speed is interesting as well.  Best two are Pettis and Henderson arguably, Pettis has a real feel for punt returning for sure and is the clear #1 especially when healthy.  Kirk could be a nice return man he if puts him mind to it as well I think with that speed and toughness.  

DJ Moore, Braxton Berrios, DJ Chark, Byron Pringle, Mike Hughes and Charles Nelson are kind of sleepers with their return potential, not sure they are great at it but could surprise some people.

Oh and Greg Stroman from Virginia Tech. He's a pretty darn good return man too.

Ray Ray McCloud from Clemson declared which was kind of weird. He's a pretty dynamic return man as well.

Mark Walton from Miami didn't really return kicks, but he seems like the perfect dude to do it in the NFL. He easily breaks arm tackles, runs hard, and has excellent straight line speed. I'd imagine he'll be someone's kick returner. Punts are a little trickier when projecting someone there that hasn't ever done it...but kick returns are easy for athletes that run hard, fast, and can run right through a poor tackle attempt.

Archived