1st overall Pick: Jackson or Barkley

kingomi87

• 3 weeks later...

Do you think Barkley will have 2k yards a season or something?  I can see him avg between 1100 and 1300yds a season and thats including recieving yards.  Sprinkle in 8-10 tds.  

If anything, i think Barkley is the once in a lifetime prospect.  In my oppinion, he has the highest cieling of all the qbs in this draft and quite frankly is also the best rb in the draft.  

If jackson avgs 1k yards running a season and anything over 3k passing, he will be a fantasy pt machine that no other rb would ever be able to emulate.  He just needs to be put into thw right system.  

23 hours ago, kingomi87 said:

Do you think Barkley will have 2k yards a season or something?  I can see him avg between 1100 and 1300yds a season and thats including recieving yards.  Sprinkle in 8-10 tds.  

If anything, i think Barkley is the once in a lifetime prospect.  In my oppinion, he has the highest cieling of all the qbs in this draft and quite frankly is also the best rb in the draft.  

If jackson avgs 1k yards running a season and anything over 3k passing, he will be a fantasy pt machine that no other rb would ever be able to emulate.  He just needs to be put into thw right system.  

Are you planning on playing Lamar Jackson at RB in your fantasy league?

48 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Are you planning on playing Lamar Jackson at RB in your fantasy league?

Nope, at qb.  I know what you are getting at.  All im teying to say is take the best qbs over the last ten years: rodgers, brady, brees, peyton manning, matt ryan, philip rivers big ben and russel wilson.  

The only qb in this group that is the exceptions is wilson.  Imagine how much better the other qbs could have been if they had run?  Rodgers is probably the most mobile of the qbs aside from wilson but he doesnt even take off that much.  

Point is that i dont think people are not taking into account jacksons running ability as a qb.  

8 minutes ago, kingomi87 said:

Nope, at qb.  I know what you are getting at.  All im teying to say is take the best qbs over the last ten years: rodgers, brady, brees, peyton manning, matt ryan, philip rivers big ben and russel wilson.  

The only qb in this group that is the exceptions is wilson.  Imagine how much better the other qbs could have been if they had run?  Rodgers is probably the most mobile of the qbs aside from wilson but he doesnt even take off that much.  

Point is that i dont think people are not taking into account jacksons running ability as a qb.  

Vince Young, Michael Vick were 2 prolific running QB's.  Neither of them had the sustained success that you get from a more traditional QB.  Yes adding the ability to run helps add fantasy points, but it also increases the hits that the QB takes and may increase the risk of missing games or shortening the career.  

Make a project for what you think Lamar Jackson can do from 

Rushing yards

Passing yards

Total TD's

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Vince Young, Michael Vick were 2 prolific running QB's.  Neither of them had the sustained success that you get from a more traditional QB.  Yes adding the ability to run helps add fantasy points, but it also increases the hits that the QB takes and may increase the risk of missing games or shortening the career.  

Make a project for what you think Lamar Jackson can do from 

Rushing yards

Passing yards

Total TD's

I agree but one thing though is that at this point, LJ is a far better passer tham vick coming out.  I actually really like the vince young conparispn because they had similar college stats.  Vick young had the higher completion %, but both were deadly thrpugh the air and on the ground.  I think young had some demons off the field which led to his downfall.  

Just because it hasnt worked for 3 or 4 mobils qbs doesnt mean that it will never work.  

I would project the following for LJ in his rookie year if he starts a full seaspn:

Rushing: 800yds 8td

Passing: 3500yds 15tds, 10ints

Total: 4300 all purpose yards, 23 td and 10Ints

3 hours ago, kingomi87 said:

I agree but one thing though is that at this point, LJ is a far better passer tham vick coming out.  I actually really like the vince young conparispn because they had similar college stats.  Vick young had the higher completion %, but both were deadly thrpugh the air and on the ground.  I think young had some demons off the field which led to his downfall.  

Just because it hasnt worked for 3 or 4 mobils qbs doesnt mean that it will never work.  

I would project the following for LJ in his rookie year if he starts a full seaspn:

Rushing: 800yds 8td

Passing: 3500yds 15tds, 10ints

Total: 4300 all purpose yards, 23 td and 10Ints

People say that he’s a far better passer than Vick...but I think there’s lots of recency bias on that one. I’d say they are pretty similar as passers. Vick has been the most dynamic RB in NFL history, so I’m not ready to put LJ in his company until I see it on an NFL football field. Also...LJ is a very wiry guy, so I’d be concerned about injury risk. 

15 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

People say that he’s a far better passer than Vick...but I think there’s lots of recency bias on that one. I’d say they are pretty similar as passers. Vick has been the most dynamic RB in NFL history, so I’m not ready to put LJ in his company until I see it on an NFL football field. Also...LJ is a very wiry guy, so I’d be concerned about injury risk. 

In terms of similar passing, are you arguing mechanical wise or stat wise?  Stat wise, vick doesnt even come clpse tp the production that LJ had.  I think Vick played in the wrong era im which "pro style" offenses were the norm.  The concern for LJs frame is a good arguement, however, please note that he has never been injured in college and has proven to be quite durable.  

Would you consider LJ to be a once in a generational type of player as opposed to Saqon?  We hear this rhetoric moreso in regards to rbs but not so much for qbs.  

3 hours ago, kingomi87 said:

In terms of similar passing, are you arguing mechanical wise or stat wise?  Stat wise, vick doesnt even come clpse tp the production that LJ had.  I think Vick played in the wrong era im which "pro style" offenses were the norm.  The concern for LJs frame is a good arguement, however, please note that he has never been injured in college and has proven to be quite durable.  

Would you consider LJ to be a once in a generational type of player as opposed to Saqon?  We hear this rhetoric moreso in regards to rbs but not so much for qbs.  

No, he is not a once in a generation type player. He is the fifth best QB in this draft, will be drafted as such, and has a better chance of being Christian Hackenburg than he does of being Michael Vick. He is not going to be a starting QB for an NFL team for at least the first half of this season. And you want to draft him #1 over Barkley, who some teams have scouted as “the perfect prospect”.

19 hours ago, kingomi87 said:

I think that stats are a poor measuring stick for passing ability. Vick was an excellent collegiate passer...yardage is often the result of the many variable. 

LJ is not a generational talent. His best case scenario is Cunningham/Vick. The upside is high, especially early in his career but I think that he’ll be inconsistent and fizzle out well before pocket passers.

I think he’ll likely be selected by a team with an established QB...so he’ll probably be useless year 1. He could be good years 2-4...but then defenses will catch up with him or he’ll get injured. We’ve seen this story before. There is no way I’m selecting him in the top half of the 1st round of a dynasty draft.

Archived