Win or Lose the 2017 Eagles are My Favorite Eagles Squad

Phire

17 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This team has way more heart and fight that any of those early 2000's teams. It starts with Dougy P. This team is something special

I don't know, the 2004 team at least on defense had a ton of heart. And say what you will about TO and his ego, but he also played with passion and came to play in the SB after a short recovery.  I love this team, but the 2004 team with B-Dawk (my favorite player of all time) leading the way will likely always be my favorite. 

With that said, the incredible thing about this team is that it has little to no ego on either side of the ball.  Everyone knows my thoughts on Blount as a player, but he's a guy that I think embodies this team well personality wise.  He doesn't get the workload that he probably desires, but he doesn't make a scene and he tries to make the most of each snap he gets.  The rest of the running backs and his teammates love him for it.

My heart goes out to all the guys that have fallen along the way this year. I'd love to see Peters, Sproles, Hicks and Wentz get to play in the SB. But each of them still have had an important part in helping us get here. All those guys deserve a ring, and I hope that the team can deliver that for them. Either way, win or lose, this team has had a remarkable year and one that we will remember for a long time and will hopefully be the start of many good years to come.  

Lastly, I'm glad we're getting the Pats in the SB.  1) the opportunity to avenge the 2004 team. 2) No outsiders can make any more excuses and downplay this team after we beat the Pats

Let's do this.

Archived