Most disappointing player on your team this year?

everlong

4 hours ago, Neumatic said:

Sean Davis/Mike Mitchell take your pick, probably the worst saftey duo in the league. 

Was as disappointed in Bryant but he seems to be heading in the right direction after a rough start.

I expected them both to suck, so I wasnt disappointed in them as much as they just flat out suck.

IMO, probably Stephon Tuitt.    He wasnt terrible, but he clearly wasnt as good this year after getting his huge contract.    He was borderline elite in 2016.    This year he was just another guy.     

Oh wait....nevermind....its Bud Dupree.    Expected and HOPED he would figure out how to use his athletic prowess to become a dominant pass rusher.  Instead, now I view him as another probable OLB bust who has no idea how to use his hands or beat blocks other than trying to run around them.     Dupree is a huge huge HUGE disappointment because he showed literally ZERO progression....and if anything, regressed.   

For the Bucs you can kinda take your pick...

Doug Martin for the Bucs...  I wasn't expecting much but it seems that he doesn't have any vision and hesitates in the backfield way too much.  Got outplayed at the end of the season by Peyton Barber (UDFA).

Vernon Hargreaves top 10 pick thought he would progress but it seemed he regressed maybe had one good game the whole season.

6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

For the Packers, Martellus is the easy choice.

Haha had a down year, but that was because he, once again, was put in a position where his #1 role was to try and bail out our CBs on a weekly basis.  If he had the chance to think about making plays and not worry about how quickly our CBs would get beat, he has All-Pro potential.  

Perry and Matthews were disappointments as well.

After seeing Hayward and Hyde in different schemes I'm withholding judgement on any of GBs secondary players who had a hard time in Dom's defense.  For me it's Cobb, he was fantastic in 2014 and has at 3 "down" years in a row now even though he's only 27.  It just makes no sense.

This is hard for me for the Bears, I'll go a little bit different and just say the reviving corps in general in chicago.  Meredith and White went on IR very early, and it's now been revealed that Whites bones are made of glass.  His confidence is ruined and he will likely never be good.  But even beyond him, even he role players did nothing.  Markus Wheaton had a whole 3 catches all season or something like that.  The only WR that was even remotely useful was Kendall Wright, who I hope they resign.  Pace and Nagy will definitely need to make sure that Trubisky gets plenty of new weapons this offseason. 

For the Chiefs u can easily go to the defense. Tamba Hali is the first person that comes to my mind. I didn't expect much production from him, but this season was almost nothing. Hali is done and i hope he realizes it and retires. I don't know if he has any plans to become a coach, but i wouldn't mind to add him to the coaching staff. Another guy that comes to my mind is Dee Ford. That might be a bit unfair to him since he had to fight with a back injury, but for me personally i'm pretty disappointed about his performance as well and i have huge doubts that he will ever get it together.

1 hour ago, Stevein2012 said:

After seeing Hayward and Hyde in different schemes I'm withholding judgement on any of GBs secondary players who had a hard time in Dom's defense.  For me it's Cobb, he was fantastic in 2014 and has at 3 "down" years in a row now even though he's only 27.  It just makes no sense.

I think the number of nagging soft tissue injuries have taken a toll.  Similar to how those same injuries have sapped Matthews' athleticism.  

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I expected them both to suck, so I wasnt disappointed in them as much as they just flat out suck.

IMO, probably Stephon Tuitt.    He wasnt terrible, but he clearly wasnt as good this year after getting his huge contract.    He was borderline elite in 2016.    This year he was just another guy.     

Oh wait....nevermind....its Bud Dupree.    Expected and HOPED he would figure out how to use his athletic prowess to become a dominant pass rusher.  Instead, now I view him as another probable OLB bust who has no idea how to use his hands or beat blocks other than trying to run around them.     Dupree is a huge huge HUGE disappointment because he showed literally ZERO progression....and if anything, regressed.   

dupree collected garbage stats, but could that help for trading him? 

13 hours ago, incognito_man said:

i'm gonna go out on a limb here and say we win (lose?) this thread: martellus bennett.

Yup.  We really screwed up signing him and letting Cookie walk.  Now we have nobody at that position.  :(

11 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

dupree collected garbage stats, but could that help for trading him? 

I am hopeful Dupree just needs more time to put it all together.  He has been good in spurts (but this season those spurts have not come very often).  

Sean Davis...Idk what to think about him.  He is what he is and he is nothing more than what he is.  What he is simply isn't good enough. 

It's really hard to pick a "most disappointing" on defense because you can throw Artie Burns in there too.  Our ILB's beyond the now injured Ryan Shazier are mediocre at best.  The dominance has seeming left the building, but then, this isn't something that just suddenly happened.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I am hopeful Dupree just needs more time to put it all together.  He has been good in spurts (but this season those spurts have not come very often).  

Sean Davis...Idk what to think about him.  He is what he is and he is nothing more than what he is.  What he is simply isn't good enough. 

It's really hard to pick a "most disappointing" on defense because you can throw Artie Burns in there too.  Our ILB's beyond the now injured Ryan Shazier are mediocre at best.  The dominance has seeming left the building, but then, this isn't something that just suddenly happened.

VW was good IMO, but other than Haden and Hilton, the secondary has been too inconsistent and often not starting calibre for a respected D.  Breakdowns  , missed tackles and of course penalties.  Better than a few years ago during the Blake era, but lets get this fixed. Dominance is history for our D, no threat on edge, and too many issues in the secondary and salary cap as usual. Burns is better than what we had (Blake . Cockrell) but that isn't saying much.  I am tired of the team trying to make RD1 picks work and giving them the start as well as keeping them for the 4 or 5 years and starting them most of that duration. 

Kevin Johnson was supposed to come into his own as an asset at CB and replace AJ Bouye. Bouye was a top 5 CB, and Johnson was literally the worst CB in the NFL (ranked 122 out of 122 CBs by PFF). 

Braxton Miller was supposed to take a step forward as a WR, and got a golden opportunity when Will Fuller broke his collarbone. However, Miller never developed and Bruce Ellington passed him up on the depth chart as the #3 WR on the roster.

Archived