(Poll) Will Josh Gordon Make it Through this Offseason Clean?

Mind Character

(Poll) Will Josh Gordon Make it Through this Offseason Clean?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) Will Josh Gordon Make it Through this Offseason Clean?

I know...I'm the worst for making this thread.

Someone buy Josh Gordon the Wizanator 2000...

A lot of BS criticism of Josh's effort by the toxic one narrative Cleveland media as if he was giving up on routes and was disinterested. The film definitely showed miscommunication and some route running confusion at times, but Gordon balled out in a short sample size, and there were many big plays that were missed due inaccuracy.

In all serious, stay strong Josh....Good health to you..we need you

My Gut says no but I'm going positive vibes

I think and hope (mostly hope) that those days are behind him.  I know once you get away from the friends and influences that pulled you into that life it gets easier.  I just hope he stays away from those distractors and away from Houston during the offseason to make the decision to remain clean easier.  Sucks it has to be like that but if you think about it the choice should be easy. 

I won’t be foolish enough to bet on him. The old fool me once logic.

Certainly hope he stays in the straight and narrow though. Team needs him.

If he screws up now, he’s just a lot individual. Would definitely be his last chance, considering his veteran status coming off another suspension. Wouldn’t even be worth the headache. Now or never Hash.

There's a chance of it, now that party boy Manziel is going to be in Canada, but I voted with past precedent. I sure hope he's wised up - he can really help us if he's focused and goes through the entire offseason program and plays 16 games.

I have a very strange trust in Josh Gordon. He’s given me zero reason to believe him, yet, I still do.

He seems like a changed man, but I’ve heard this song and dance before. I do think this is the longest he’s gone without using drugs or alcohol since probably before high school. The more you distance yourself from those things the easier it becomes to forget them. It was almost like an OCD/anxiety issue for Josh I think. He had comfort in the drugs not necessarily because of the chemicals, but because of the constant repetitive behavior triggered by anxiety. It’s hard to break habits and I expect that Josh had a habit that he fell back on to battle stress. Once he distanced himself from the drugs and alcohol (alcohol is a drug actually), he realized he didn’t need those crutches. The negative loop of going for the drugs for comfort has been broken. It doesn’t mean he won’t fall back into this pattern, but I get the sense that he finally has a clear mind and must have found more positive outlets for dealing with anxiety and stress. Compulsive behavior was more of the problem than an actual emotional attachment to the drugs IMO. I bet he found it surprisingly easy to quit once he finally found the underlying mechanisms for why he was using them in the first place.

^^

purely speculative btw. But for such a smart and compassionate guy, I’m willing to bet it was an anxiety coping mechanism more than a “I don’t wanna stop partying” kind of deal like our boy Johnny Manziel. 

Either way, players like Gordon always end up on losing franchises and we should be moving away from him ASAP. You simply cannot count on his character and putting your eggs in his basket, is just a way that leads to disaster.

This franchise needs to clean house and get rid of any deadwood still hanging around and Gordon is simply deadwood that needs to go.

Yes, people will dream of what he might have been, but successful franchises do not wait around counting on that type of person, they move on before another year or 2 is wasted hoping for the best.

5 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Either way, players like Gordon always end up on losing franchises and we should be moving away from him ASAP. You simply cannot count on his character and putting your eggs in his basket, is just a way that leads to disaster.

This franchise needs to clean house and get rid of any deadwood still hanging around and Gordon is simply deadwood that needs to go.

Yes, people will dream of what he might have been, but successful franchises do not wait around counting on that type of person, they move on before another year or 2 is wasted hoping for the best.

No.  He is clearly on his last straw.  Ride him until he screws up, then bye bye.  Cutting him or trading him for peanuts is silly.  It was a couple years ago, and it still is now.  

As of right now he is cleared to play, and he is our best WR by a LOT. He is our guy.

If he messes up again, he is toast.  

Thats there I am at

7 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

No.  He is clearly on his last straw.  Ride him until he screws up, then bye bye.  Cutting him or trading him for peanuts is silly.  It was a couple years ago, and it still is now.  

As of right now he is cleared to play, and he is our best WR by a LOT. He is our guy.

If he messes up again, he is toast.  

Thats there I am at

This is the only option imo.

Move forward and plan as though he won’t be around and if he is it’s a bonus.  If not, the team isn’t SOL.

Archived