(Poll) Will Josh Gordon Make it Through this Offseason Clean?

Mind Character

(Poll) Will Josh Gordon Make it Through this Offseason Clean?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. (Poll) Will Josh Gordon Make it Through this Offseason Clean?

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, I think it could help as much as it could hurt. It isn't like there aren't poor addicts, they probably make up a much higher percentage. No matter how you pay Gordon, he will be able to afford beer. Weed isn't anymore addictive than peanuts, you can be addicted to either I suppose but most likely you won't be. Xanax, the other drug he claimed to use often, I guess is addictive but I know nothing about it. Either way, he could afford any of those things on a league minimum deal so I wouldn't consider money as an issue, that's all up to Gordon and maybe with a lot of money he abuses more or maybe he finds better activities to indulge in. I don't think that should have any bearing. Not being able to trust him to stay clean means you wouldn't throw a lot of money at him that you'd have to fight to get back if he did screw up again, but that would be the reason not to protect him from buying a case of beer.

First of all, peanus are dangerously addictive. I should know, I ate Mister Peanut. And I dont mean I ate Mister Peanut brand peanuts, I ate Mister Peanut, monocle and all. Trust me when I say he fought like hell going down, and that top-hat was no picnic coming out. But as we say in the meetings, one day at a time. 

Josh Gordon is 17th all time for the Browns in receiving yards. 5000 yards to beat Ozzie Newsome.  

24th with 15 touchdowns and needs 55 touchdowns for the lead. 

28th with 179 receptions and he needs 483 receptions for the lead, assuming he beats out Duke. 

He leads with 77 YPG. 

If he plays with us for 5 years he will need to average 1000 yards, 11 touchdowns and 97 receptions per year for the lead. 

If he plays for 5 years he will likely lead yards, and maybe TD's. 6 years he is probably a kock for all records. 

58 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

First of all, peanus are dangerously addictive. I should know, I ate Mister Peanut. And I dont mean I ate Mister Peanut brand peanuts, I ate Mister Peanut, monocle and all. Trust me when I say he fought like hell going down, and that top-hat was no picnic coming out. But as we say in the meetings, one day at a time. 

Was he anatomically correct?

52 minutes ago, kris_kapsner said:

Here's a question:  What can the Browns do to help Gordon through this off season to succeed without falling back to his addictions?

Keeping Hue Jackson has reduced my addiction to watching the Browns, so maybe it works for him too? 

3 hours ago, kris_kapsner said:

Here's a question:  What can the Browns do to help Gordon through this off season to succeed without falling back to his addictions?

Nothing unless he asks for help. They should let him know that he can contact them if he needs assistance but otherwise this is all on Gordon.

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Nothing unless he asks for help. They should let him know that he can contact them if he needs assistance but otherwise this is all on Gordon.

Hm...if I were the head coach coming off from 1-32 over the last two seasons, I'd be reaching out to Gordon myself.  I'd do my best to align him with a mentor.  Heck, I'd reach out to Chris Carter and see if he would take Gordon "under his wing" this off season.  If there is any player Gordon could connect with, it's Chris Carter and what he went through.

Gordon feels like he's ready to turn his life around.  But, I feel like he needs a supporting group around him to help him through this next phase of life for him.

1 hour ago, kris_kapsner said:

Hm...if I were the head coach coming off from 1-32 over the last two seasons, I'd be reaching out to Gordon myself.  I'd do my best to align him with a mentor.  Heck, I'd reach out to Chris Carter and see if he would take Gordon "under his wing" this off season.  If there is any player Gordon could connect with, it's Chris Carter and what he went through.

Gordon feels like he's ready to turn his life around.  But, I feel like he needs a supporting group around him to help him through this next phase of life for him.

I think Thomas’s point was essentially you can’t help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves.

Gordon’s issue has never been a lack of resources or availability of mentors.

On 2/7/2018 at 8:38 PM, Kiwibrown said:

He could be a young QB's best fried. We need WR's though. 

Or the rotten barrel that takes the life out of a franchise. We are going to be a very young team and we do not need a cancer like Gordon around to influence our team. We are just setting ourselves up for disaster by keeping him around, let another worthless franchise take the risk. We already have enough internal problems without him around. It is just a receipe for failure!!!

11 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Or the rotten barrel that takes the life out of a franchise. We are going to be a very young team and we do not need a cancer like Gordon around to influence our team. We are just setting ourselves up for disaster by keeping him around, let another worthless franchise take the risk. We already have enough internal problems without him around. It is just a receipe for failure!!!

I bet your friends always have plans. 

Archived