2018 Free Agency

turtle28

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Coby Fleener was just released by the Saints, another TE doesn't hurt. He does have injury issues but a big body in the RED ZONE. I think he's worth a look.

I'd rather get a blocking TE if we were going to carry 4 on the roster.  Fleener's basically an oversized WR, he doesn't give us anything over what we already have IMO.

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'd rather get a blocking TE if we were going to carry 4 on the roster.  Fleener's basically an oversized WR, he doesn't give us anything over what we already have IMO.

If he and the Colts are smart they’d reunite. He and Luck have a special chemistry and he should’ve never left there but I understand why he did... money talks.

Also, I would think that the LAR would be a good destination for him.

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Both gone for good.  Great job Bruce!

I thought you didn’t like Breeland. I could’ve sworn it was you I was going back and forth with after his 2016 season. Also, no one else has signed Breeland either, not just the Redskins since he cut his foot.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I thought you didn’t like Breeland. I could’ve sworn it was you I was going back and forth with after his 2016 season. Also, no one else has signed Breeland either, not just the Redskins since he cut his foot.

Nah, I think Breeland is better than any other CB we have outside of Norman.

1 hour ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Nah, I think Breeland is better than any other CB we have outside of Norman.

Even during 2016? Well I was discussing it with someone then. I remember they kept bringing up the Steelers game, the first Giants game, the first Cowboys game and the second Eagles game and trying to convince me he played awful in each of those games in 2016.

That’s back when everyone was getting on Joe Barry because Norman wasn’t traveling and covering other teams #1 wrs; instead he was just covering the left side of the defense like he usually has done his entire career.

Breeland got beat by Brown twice in perfectly thrown balls from Big Ben - one of which went right through Breelands hands - and he got beat by Dez pretty bad and Beckham pretty bad in the first half of the first Giants game before he hurt his ankle and then missed a few games.

Remember, Dunbar came in and played better, including his int in the second half which arguably sealed the game for the Redskins win.

9 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Trading Kendall Fuller is going to look really dumb in two years. It will be our Forsberg trade where people look back and say “they got Fuller and a third for Smith!”. This was a dumb trade. 

It was not a good trade, but it will not go down as the "worst trade in DC history" like the Forsberg one is.

20 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Wait--that tops the R G III trade ? 

Yes.

We actually got one amazing year from RG3. We got two goals from Erat.

With Forsberg, I firmly believe we wouldn't be talking about finally getting over the 2nd round hump in 2018. We would be talking about going to another Stanley Cup. Having another Top 10 NHL player would have done that. 

If... IF Alex Smith leads the team to the playoffs multiple times and even some playoff wins there’s no way it goes down as a bad trade.

The only reason trades like T.J. Duckett, Brandon Lloyd, Jason Taylor, Donovan McNabb and RG3 went down as bad trades is because they were either one year wonders for us or did nothing for us long term.

If we do well with Alex most will forget about losing Fuller; especially if Dunny, Monroe and one of our two 7th round corners turn into something decent.

Archived