2018 Free Agency

turtle28

46 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I thought Tevin Coleman was going to be a free agent this year for some reason...

2015 3rd round draft pick, he’s a FA next year. He started over Jordan Howard - the Chicago tuning back - at Indiana in 2013 and 2014. That’s amazing that Indiana had both those guys on the same team in college.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Lesean McCoy was traded, he didn't sign as a free agent.  Peterson was on his second team in the same season.  Murray and Williams signed to be backups not lead backs.  Miller is pretty mediocre, I would definitely say he's not worth the contract he got.  Frank Gore has aged and is past his prime.  Murray has put up some decent numbers in Tennessee, but he was a stupid signing because Derrick Henry could of done the same thing.  That is a pretty sad list.  

I wouldn't spend a dime on a free agent RB.  Draft one.  

Murray was brought as in as a starter . They drafted Henry and was hoping for that Chris Johnson /lendall white dou .

obviously Henry been amazing but if he wasn't there Murray would of had 1000 yards .

he be good for us a 1 year prove it deal would be good . 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

2015 draft pick I think. He started over Jonathan Howard - the Chicago tuning back - at Indiana in 2014 and 2015. That’s amazing that Indiana had both those guys on the and team in college.

Coleman is good he would be my number one target . 

On 1/14/2018 at 2:33 PM, Dashing202 said:

Coleman is good he would be my number one target . 

He’s a free agent next year, not now. Hopefully we draft a rb this year who goes over 1000 yards this season and we don’t have to buy a running back.

57 minutes ago, Marcus21 said:

There are so many quality backs in the draft....I would rather draft and develope a young guys and focus on WR in FA. Just my opinion!

This.  Plus RBs can contribute in a big way as a rookie.  It usually takes a WR a few years to make an impact in the NFL.  

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I thought Tevin Coleman was going to be a free agent this year for some reason...

i thought so, but it might be next year. I would have put him at the top of the list, but he was not listed as a free agent to be on Spotrac. 

If Lesean McCoy is a free agent, thats news to me. 

1 hour ago, Marcus21 said:

Sony Micheal is my favorite back in the draft.....(for our team). He would be a perfect compliment to Perine.

Sony Michel is likely the best back for this offense and I would take him in the 2nd if he is available. Perine is short yardage, change of pace, rotational guy. I don't like him as a full time back. I dont think he has much vision and works best out of the option offense from Shotgun. Mixon is having much of the problem in Cincy. 

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I knew someone’s would post ypc lol ?Go to the game logs. When they got snaps they either produced as runners or receivers at times which is better than out guys have done most weeks the last 3 years.

I’m not saying sign them now. I’m saying they were good signings for their teams and better then the running backs we’ve drafted and signed as UDFAs since Alfred Morris in 2012.

No doubt we should draft a rb in the first 3 rounds, I’m totally on board with that and have been all year.

In another thread I said you were right last year, we should have done what you wanted and traded back in round 10 to 20 spots and taken Derrick Henry, he’s breaking out and we definitely could have used him the last two seasons. You were right.

They're backups at this point. We have enough back up RBs. That money needs to be allotted elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, Slateman said:

They're backups at this point. We have enough back up RBs. That money needs to be allotted elsewhere.

Again, just listing some FA RBs that did do ok or better for their new teams. We would not a boy getting those certain guys in that post except maybe Morris, but I doubt that. The guys we’d get were in the original post.

Archived