2018 Free Agency

turtle28

15 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

I think we will ignore RB in the draft . I see skins pursing a NT and a ILB/FS/ and of course qb maybe.

It’s possiblr to get a NT or ILB in round 1, and then whichever isn’t taken go FB, NT or ILB in rounds 2 and 3.

If Raqon Smith falls to us we could take him in round 1,  Sony Michel or Kerryon Johnson in round 2 and  in round 3 take Tim Settke (VT), Phillips (Stanford), Tillery (ND), Hill (NC St), Norton (Miami) or Lotulelei (Utah).

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s possiblr to get a NT or ILB in round 1, and then whichever isn’t taken go FB, NT or ILB in rounds 2 and 3.

If Raqon Smith falls to us we could take him in round 1,  Sony Michel or Kerryon Johnson in round 2 and  in round 3 take Tim Settke (VT), Phillips (Stanford), Tillery (ND), Hill (NC St), Norton (Miami) or Lotulelei (Utah).

Perfectly ok with that .

I like willie Snead as well .

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I want Willie Snead signed as a FA wr this year to compete for the starting job opposite Doctson. He should be expensive, less than 2 mill a year.

Baker Mayfield's DUI is not okay, but Willie Snead's is?

two-buttons-and-stuff.jpg

The DUI & evading/resisting arrest is just one reason I don’t want Mayfield. I don’t want to spend a 1st round pick on a guy like him and honestly I think he’s a typical good college qb that doesn’t have the skill set to be a good Pro qb. I’ve seen his type since 1994 when I really started paying attention to the draft an getting excited about college prospects and projecting them to the pros for the Redskins.

Maybe I’m wrong about Mayfield, if I end up being wrong I’ll admit it. I was wrong about guys like Russell Wilson and Case Keenum.

Willie Snead is a different case. He’s a good and proven wr who’s succeeded in the nfl, I don’t like that he’s got a DUI but at the same time he won’t cost a high draft pick or a long term 1st round contract. We can get him on a one year deal and easily cut him if he does something stupid. The risk is far higher for drafting Mayfield than signing a FA wr like Martavis Bryant or Willie Snead to a relatively cheap contract that we could get out of easily and not lose anything.

12 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I'd be furious if we did something like that .

There is a reason that we have not drafted a true NT. Even last year when there were a ton of them. The coaches were fine at playing Ziggy Hood at NT. An oversized 3 Tech. 

13 hours ago, mike23md said:

The Redskins dont value a NT. They would rather play an oversized 3 Tech than a true 1 or 0 tech. 

We’ve had 1-techniques and 3 or 5 techniques since 2010 when we made the switch, we’ve never had a good zero technique.

I understand they don’t want to pay $ for a player who will only start and play on short yardage, at most play 40% of the game because we play a 4-2-5 about 70% of the time but I don’t agree with them, we still need a guy whos a run stuffer. 

It will help our defense our immensely to get a run plugger. 

4 hours ago, mike23md said:

There is a reason that we have not drafted a true NT. Even last year when there were a ton of them. The coaches were fine at playing Ziggy Hood at NT. An oversized 3 Tech. 

Ziggy hood lol i completely forgot about him . I mean if there gonna do that than sign Wilkerson or Sheldon Richardson and have the Greek at NT .

cause atleast we will have a pretty good from 3 ( which won't have an oversize NT?) 

5 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Ziggy hood lol i completely forgot about him . I mean if there gonna do that than sign Wilkerson or Sheldon Richardson and have the Greek at NT .

cause atleast we will have a pretty good from 3 ( which won't have an oversize NT?) 

Richardson was traded to the Seahawks and he has said he would like to stay there. 

Wilkerson would be interesting but my thoughts are that he stays as well. They can afford him and he is not a free agent. 

2 minutes ago, mike23md said:

Richardson was traded to the Seahawks and he has said he would like to stay there. 

Wilkerson would be interesting but my thoughts are that he stays as well. They can afford him and he is not a free agent. 

Wilkerson leaving the jets he's gone that's why they benched him.

Richardson could stay in Seattle or go back to the jets . We could still give him a visit .

we have more of a chance on Wilkerson if he's released . 

Archived