2018 Free Agency

turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Nicholson had one year. Saying “he’s always injured” carries as much weight as those saying Doctson had a chronic injury in 2016 and he’d never be healthy. Meaning... ZERO weight!

I don’t mind signing any of those guys but I think Nicholson is better in coverage than all of them and would start over them. We need back ups. For sure we should draft a guy at some point in the draft for depth and to develop. 

He was injured 12 times during thyears season turtle . I can't remember any player that much injured in one year . 

13 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

He was injured 12 times during thyears season turtle . I can't remember any player that much injured in one year . 

Because he came into the season with an injuried shoulder. That doesn’t mean that his shoulder won’t get fixed and he won’t be fine next year and in future years. 

I agree we need to address the safety position, but I disagree that it must be with a high priced FA or a high draft pick.

We can sign a guy who isn’t expensive to compete with him - hopefully Cravens is back - and we can draft a safety in the mid to late rounds like we did when we drafted Nicholson and we still have Everett and Fish Smithston to compete as well. All of the young players should only improve. 

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Because he came into the season with an injuried shoulder. That doesn’t mean that his shoulder won’t get fixed and he won’t be fine next year and in future years. 

I agree we need to address the safety position, but I disagree that it must be with a high priced FA or a high draft pick.

We can sign a guy who isn’t expensive to compete with him - hopefully Cravens is back - and we can draft a safety in the mid to late rounds like we did when we drafted Nicholson and we still have Everett and Fish Smithston to compete as well. All of the young players should only improve. 

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/montae-nicholson-player-injuries

nah dude look at those injuries report . He's had 5 concussion! In one year . He won't and shouldn't be a starter . He can be a back up untill proven other wise . I mean I like Burnett but he's 29 and Reid gets injured as well .

so I mean it's a toss up.

2 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/montae-nicholson-player-injuries

nah dude look at those injuries report . He's had 5 concussion! In one year . He won't and shouldn't be a starter . He can be a back up untill proven other wise . I mean I like Burnett but he's 29 and Reid gets injured as well .

so I mean it's a toss up.

Buddy, he had one bad concussion vs the saints when he came up and drilled a guy after they caught it. That concussion kept him out the final 5 games, it was the same concussion though. Weeks 12-17 is saying he’s out because of a concussion, and it’s the same one that knocked him out in the first 1/2 of the saints game. 

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Buddy, he had one bad concussion vs the saints when he came up and drilled a guy after they caught it. That concussion kept him out the final 5 games, it was the same concussion though. Weeks 12-17 is saying he’s out because of a concussion, and it’s the same one that knocked him out in the first 1/2 of the saints game. 

Dude it saids 5 concussions 

BUDDYYYYY

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

LOL xD Changing the topic I see. You’ll see what happens in the offseason. No point in discussing something when someone is in denial of the truth.

What truth ? He didn't prove anything . He had one game against a very unorganized raiders team which I'm sure had we played them again would of been an L.

we are denying safety because we are so focused on Kirk and the stupid DL .

safety a need period and Nicholson always injured it's proof of 12 games . Idk how it's a discussion he's an liability . He was not a big Wow guy he wasn't even no where near how good Horton or Landry did for us .

and that doesn't say a lot .

2 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

What truth ? He didn't prove anything . He had one game against a very unorganized raiders team which I'm sure had we played them again would of been an L.

we are denying safety because we are so focused on Kirk and the stupid DL .

safety a need period and Nicholson always injured it's proof of 12 games . Idk how it's a discussion he's an liability . He was not a big Wow guy he wasn't even no where near how good Horton or Landry did for us .

and that doesn't say a lot .

Every game Nicholson started he played well. We didn’t get beat deep when he was playing FS. 

Just wait and see what happens, everyone else sees his potential but you. I seriously doubt he won’t be starting next year but if he isn’t I’ll have no problem admitting I was wrong.

51 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Every game Nicholson started he played well. We didn’t get beat deep when he was playing FS. 

Just wait and see what happens, everyone else sees his potential but you. I seriously doubt he won’t be starting next year but if he isn’t I’ll have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Just like mike would say he sucks he sucks he sucks he sucks .

he won't start next year and it's ok  I was wrong about the jags beating the pats . 

11 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

he won't start next year and it's ok  I was wrong about the jags beating the pats . 

I really don’t see any way that Nicholson isn’t our starting FS next year. He was by far our best coverage safety and despite his shoulder injury, he still came up and hit receivers and ball carriers like a ton of bricks which is why he didn’t finish some games. 

He's the closest thing I’ve seen to Sean Taylor in a Redskins uniform as far as his range, speed and coverage ability as a free safety.

For you to not see that is preposterous but to each his own. 

You'll see what the rest of us already see next year.

11 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

I actually like Nicholson. I think if he is able to compete for the starting FS spot, he should and would get it. 

Also, he had ONE concussion. Not 5. 

The same injury report lists Shoulder a few times. Do you think he had that many independent shoulder injuries? No. Its what kept him from playing in the game, or what was listed on the injury report. It does not mean he suffered 5 concussions in 5 straight weeks. 

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He's the closest thing I’ve seen to Sean Taylor in a Redskins uniform as far as his range, speed and coverage ability as a free safety.

It has been 10 years, and, frankly, I am tired of comparing every S we have had to Taylor. Taylor was special. We all know that. But no one can be like him. Not Earl Thomas, not Landon Collins, not Swearinger, not anyone. No player's scouting report ever says: emulates Sean Taylor. Plays like Sean Taylor. 

Nicholson is a FS that has a lot of range and is able to close on the ball quickly. He has good size and long arms which allows him to be competitive for jump balls. I liked him coming out of Michigan State and there was not a lot of tape on him. 

@turtle28 I am not attacking you, but I just get sick of every S that comes into the league comparing themselves to Sean Taylor. Any prospect that says that, immediately signs their fate to me. It takes a lot to live up to someone like Taylor and I don't think anyone should. 

1 hour ago, mike23md said:

I actually like Nicholson. I think if he is able to compete for the starting FS spot, he should and would get it. 

Also, he had ONE concussion. Not 5. 

The same injury report lists Shoulder a few times. Do you think he had that many independent shoulder injuries? No. Its what kept him from playing in the game, or what was listed on the injury report. It does not mean he suffered 5 concussions in 5 straight weeks. 

Edit : spoke to a friend and told me Nicholson really good .

due to his assisment i will say we don't need a safety .

Archived