2018 Free Agency

turtle28

31 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

Wilkerson leaving the jets he's gone that's why they benched him.

Richardson could stay in Seattle or go back to the jets . We could still give him a visit .

we have more of a chance on Wilkerson if he's released . 

Yeah, I think Wilkerson is released. It’s worth signing Wilkerson but not overpaying. Ioannidis could play NT but it’s still not his best position and I think he’d get overpowered some in the run game.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I think Wilkerson is released. It’s worth signing Wilkerson but not overpaying. Ioannidis could play NT but it’s still not his best position and I think he’d get overpowered some in the run game.

The Greek is a lot better than you think he took on double teams . 

We only need a two down NT that's it . I see skins atleast getting more serious about that somewhat .

29 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

The Greek is a lot better than you think he took on double teams . 

We only need a two down NT that's it . I see skins atleast getting more serious about that somewhat .

He’s not better than I think, I know he’s our 2nd best OL by a mile behind Jon Allen who will be a pro bowler if he stays healthy. 

Ioannidis is 305 pounds, same as Hood. I’d like to get a bigger DT in the draft to take on those double teams instead of using one of good interior pass rushers for that.

20 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

A draft full of backs I wouldn’t even dip into any free agent backs

The only one that I like is Carlos Hyde. Period. Bell will be franchised, again. That is only if Kirk stays would I think that Hyde would be a great addition. 

2 hours ago, mike23md said:

The only one that I like is Carlos Hyde. Period. Bell will be franchised, again. That is only if Kirk stays would I think that Hyde would be a great addition. 

Yeah, Hyde is def the best of the bunch. If he wasn’t to in San Fran the last few years he’d be putting up good rushing & receiving #s but if Kirk isn’t back there’s no point in signing a FA rb or even a #1 type rec. if Kirk is back we should go fill out rebuild which were kind of in now even w/ Kirk here except for our LT, Top CB & SS our team is young.  

18 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, Hyde is def the best of the bunch. If he wasn’t to in San Fran the last few years he’d be putting up good rushing & receiving #s but if Kirk isn’t back there’s no point in signing a FA rb or even a #1 type rec. if Kirk is NOT back we should go fill out rebuild which were kind of in now even w/ Kirk here except for our LT, Top CB & SS our team is young.  

FTFY. 

I dont think we are in a rebuild. I think there are other key pieces that need to be built but I am not just keeping Trent, Josh, and D.J if the team implodes. Jon Allen, The Greek, Fuller, Moreau, Kerrigan, Smith, Scherff, Moses, Roullier, Doctson, Crowder, and Reed (Although I really don't care cause its like he doesn't play anyway). 

On 1/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, turtle28 said:

He’s not better than I think, I know he’s our 2nd best OL by a mile behind Jon Allen who will be a pro bowler if he stays healthy. 

Ioannidis is 305 pounds, same as Hood. I’d like to get a bigger DT in the draft to take on those double teams instead of using one of good interior pass rushers for that.

Allen and Ioannidis can play the ends. I am fine with that. This line needs a true 0 or 1 Tech. We are not good against the run and its because we don't have a true NT that can eat blocks. 

5 hours ago, mike23md said:

Allen and Ioannidis can play the ends. I am fine with that. This line needs a true 0 or 1 Tech. We are not good against the run and its because we don't have a true NT that can eat blocks. 

Yep. Dashing just wants to move Ioannidis to NT but that’s not his best position.

I wouldn’t mind putting some money on one of the DL that could be avalible for depth. A strong rotation would be huge. It wouldn’t effect my draft plans either. We need guys that can play the run and guys that can play the pass and you should have starters that are good at both. We need a impact front 7 to be legitimate. Wilkerson Poe are a few guys I wouldn’t mind making a run at. Zach Brown def needs to resigned no question. Adding him with a Raquan Smith would be huge!!

On 1/17/2018 at 9:45 AM, mike23md said:

FTFY. 

I dont think we are in a rebuild. I think there are other key pieces that need to be built but I am not just keeping Trent, Josh, and D.J if the team implodes. Jon Allen, The Greek, Fuller, Moreau, Kerrigan, Smith, Scherff, Moses, Roullier, Doctson, Crowder, and Reed (Although I really don't care cause its like he doesn't play anyway). 

Thanks. I missed the NOT. I didn’t mean we are at the beginning of the rebuild, we’ve been rebuilding since Gruden got here and then when McCloughan came the following year. 

I don’t see TWill and Kerrigan going anywhere even if the team implodes. They’re the two guys who we think of when we think of true Redskins now adays. 

Moving on from Norman and Swearinger and going with the younger DBs though is possible.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

I wouldn’t mind putting some money on one of the DL that could be avalible for depth. A strong rotation would be huge. It wouldn’t effect my draft plans either. We need guys that can play the run and guys that can play the pass and you should have starters that are good at both. We need a impact front 7 to be legitimate. Wilkerson Poe are a few guys I wouldn’t mind making a run at. Zach Brown def needs to resigned no question. Adding him with a Raquan Smith would be huge!!

Allen and Ioannidis are our starters who are good vs the run and pass. Lanier is developing, right now he’s better as a pass rusher than run defender but he’s getting stronger and coming. I agree we should look to add a guy like Wilkerson or Poe, preferably a Poe. We need a run stuffer w/o one our D won’t impeove.

Archived