2018 Free Agency

turtle28

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I haven't heard anything.  Also Breeland is still out there.

Was hoping we could roll with breeland but from what I’m hearing is that it’s gonna take a few months for him to pass his physical with the infection that he has.

if he signs elsewhere he kinda hurts our comp pick if he’s forced to take less money

On 3/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, A TRAIN 89 said:

It may be early and this may not be the right thread to discuss, but I’m officially concerned about the offensive line. Who is playing LG? C? Will the OTs be back in time?

T-Will: Still recovering from injury, may miss training camp. 

Moses: Still recovering from injury, may miss training camp.

Nsekhe: Re-signed as swing tackle

Lauvao: Unsigned

Long: Signed with Jets

Roullier: Coming off rookie season, played respectably

Scherff: Starter at RG

At this point, there are many questions with little answers...

There’s this thing called the draft...

On 3/19/2018 at 2:50 PM, MKnight82 said:

Idk about this.  Nsekhe is a solid backup swing tackle but Idk how he'd be full time as a starter.  Also, if he was to be there permanently we'd have to find a backup swing tackle, so we're still left looking to fill a hole.  

I think if Nsekhe gets 5 months to prepare as the starting LG he’ll be fine at that position. He was serviceable having to play it after missing 2 Plus months and never playing it is the middle of the season.

I think it all comes down to the draft. We should draft an interior OL for sure and I’d preferably like to draft two. 

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There’s this thing called the draft...

Yes. Sure there is. The problem with that train of thought is we have two picks in the first three rounds and we have major holes at LG, RB and NT. We need depth at OLB, ILB, Safety and corner. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Yes. Sure there is. The problem with that train of thought is we have two picks in the first three rounds and we have major holes at LG, RB and NT. We need depth at OLB, ILB, Safety and corner. 

We don’t have a “major hole” at RB, but we could use an upgrade there and will get one in round 1 or 2 I believe. 

We may sign a NT like Hankins or Sly Williams. 

We could use depth at ILB but you’re losing sight of the fact that we have Spaight, Harvey Clemons and Cravens (maybe?) 

We have safety depth but need more. We could draft a mid to late round safety and develop them like Nicholson.

Ditto for OLB and we drafted Anderson I know the love to hate redksins players who haven’t proven themselves by most in this forum but we don’t know that he isn’t going to develop into a decent player and show flashes next year.

LG is my major concern but I’ve wanted Nsekhe tried out there in the offseason for 3 years running, I hope they at least try it. They can draft a C/G to develop and an OT to develop too to go along with Kouandjio, Kalis and Catalina.

Just now, turtle28 said:

We don’t have a “major hole” at RB, but we could use an upgrade there and will get one in round 1 or 2 I believe. 

We may sign a NT like Hankins or Sly Williams. 

We could use depth at ILB but you’re losing sight of the fact that we have Spaight, Harvey Clemons and Cravens (maybe?) 

We have safety depth but need more. We could draft a mid to late round safety and develop them like Nicholson.

Ditto for OLB and we drafted Anderson I know the love to hate redksins players who haven’t proven themselves by most in this forum but we don’t know that he isn’t going to develop into a decent player and show flashes next year.

LG is my major concern but I’ve wanted Nsekhe tried out there in the offseason for 3 years running, I hope they at least try it. They can draft a C/G to develop and an OT to develop too to go along with Kouandjio, Kalis and Catalina.

Uh yes we do have a major hole at RB. Rob Kelley is terrible, Perine didn't look much better than him last year and Bibbs is camp fodder. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Uh yes we do have a major hole at RB. Rob Kelley is terrible, Perine didn't look much better than him last year and Bibbs is camp fodder. 

Yeah we have a issue at RB we haven’t converted a 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 in idk how long!!!

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

We’re going to draft a RB early Lavar, settle down. :D

Thompson is amazing. Perine had back to back 100 yard games and ran well vs the Rams too.

There’s this thing called player development.

No love forBibbs? Or Byron Marshall? They did some things after Thompson got hurt.

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

That’s not all on the running back.

No it’s not but vision is something all our backs beside CT suffer from. Vision is huge Alfred was a solid back because his vision without much physical talent. There’s times our backs have ran right into lanes that were closed where a step left or right could have gave them a lane to move into a spot to push for that yard. I know our line has had issues as well but we need a back with excellent vision. I think Guice might have the best vision in this class outside of Penny. 

I want nothing to do with Ronald Jones. He likes to dance and I don’t think he’s a very decisive back. I know USC’s OL isn’t that good but I don’t think Jones is anything more then we don’t already have in CT. Auburn’s back seems to have a nice burst and has good vision and balance. I’d be okay with him as well. This is just my early round guys. I’m missing one of my top 5 guys but I’m not getting up for my notes lol

all this excludes Barkley. Barkley won’t be a Redskin so when I discuss backs I don’t even include him because there’s no point

21 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Thompson is amazing. Perine had back to back 100 yard games and ran well vs the Rams too.

No love forBibbs? Or Byron Marshall? They did some things after Thompson got hurt.

Bibbs and Marshall are not developmental players. They're camp fodder. Same with Keith Marshall.

Thompson doesn't count because he's a gadget player in the vein of Sproles. Perine is Evan Royster all over again. I want Perine to stick around and be a good player here but he's not going to be what Guice can become. 

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Lavar is just tired of the lack of talent we’ve had at key positions that translate to proven succsess. I’m with him on the RB DL. We need a good rotation on the DL and I want Defense round one only because I think their talent is better with the fact I think 4 QB’sgo in the top 10. But if we walked away with Guice knowing how well he moves laterally for a guy his size along with his power vision and balance I’m not going to complain knowing RB could actually make this offense legit.

Archived