2018 Free Agency

turtle28

1 minute ago, oldman9er said:

I appreciate some of this, but I'm at a loss as to the "come on dude, and telling me what fan I am.

What was it about that quoted post that offended you? We all know what MK's stance is on the pass rusher Smith... and I merely pointed that out. 

So, what the issue? 

I'm only basing you being an Alex Smith fan off of what you posted in the "welcome" forum. If that was wrong or out of line, my apologies. 

I assumed you were referring to posters being negative about the roster in general. I missed the part about Preston Smith. So again, my apologies for reading it wrong. You didn't deserve that. 

15 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I appreciate some of this, but I'm at a loss as to the "come on dude, and telling me what fan I am.

What was it about that quoted post that offended you? We all know what MK's stance is on the pass rusher Smith... and I merely pointed that out. 

So, what the issue? 

No issue

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

No issue

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So again, my apologies for reading it wrong. You didn't deserve that. 

All good, gents. 

I'm getting this tickle in my gibblets that today is the day Hankins agrees to be a Redskin. 

Make it so!

21 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Abstract is an idiot. He's one of the more annoying fans I ever dealt with on twitter. He doesn't speak for me the same way I do not speak for all redskins fans. If you and him honestly think this is what redskins fans wanted all this team then you're both wrong. 

But in this case he's right. When cerrato was here all fans complained about trading away 2nd round picks and mid round for other teams players and mostly overpaying in free agency. We at least aren't overpaying in free agency now although we did just Fuller and a 3rd trade for a pro bowl qb.

Was browsing some draft content on another site and was reminded of these two trades:

# 4 - Cleveland receives Houston's 2018 1st round pick and 2017 1st round pick (No. 25 - Jabrill Peppers) for Cleveland's 2017 1st round pick (No. 12 - Deshaun Watson).

# 25 - Buffalo receives Kansas City's 2018 1st round pick, 2017 1st round pick (No. 27 - Tre Davious White) and 3rd round pick (No. 91 - ) for Buffalo's 2017 1st round pick (No. 10 - Patrick Mahomes).

CLE picks up a 2018 1st rounder (which turns out to be the #4 pick) to move back 13 spots from pick 12.

BUF picks up a 2018 1st rounder (which turns out to be the #25 pick), and a 2017 3rd rounder, to move back 17 spots from pick 10.

Both of these are similar trade back scenarios the Skins could be staring at. I think most here would be in all day on these. Ideal would be a decent QB still sitting on the board... not likely... or a stud that slips that fills a glaring need. Any way you slice it, I love a trade back at 13.

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Redskins have withdrawn there offer to Junior Gallete .

Could this mean a signing soon?.

I think it is just because other teams are now interested and have probably given him a better offer, so we're not going to get into a bidding war for him.

The Redskins have withdrawn their offer to free agent OLB Junior Galette.

Washington reportedly had a change of heart once other teams showed interest. It's unsurprising the Browns and Rams are among those interested in Galette since he has ties to Browns personnel consultant Scot McCloughan, who brought Galette to Washington, and Rams LB coach Joe Barry, who was Galette's defensive coordinator with the Redskins.

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

Redskins have withdrawn there offer to Junior Gallete .

Could this mean a signing soon?.

Most likely. May have something to do with guarantees in the first year for another guy. They can’t have an offer to galette sitting idle when it’s most likely a 1 year deal.

I read that this isn’t really a hostile or vindictive move. They know that other teams are offering him more $$ and could be a better situation where he could push for a starting snaps. The sell to him for the Redskins is they signed him when nobody would and he has familiarity with the organization. That’s really it.

Also read that they’ve liked what they’ve seen from Ryan Anderson this offseason as he’s been in the building working out and has lost weight.

20 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

I think it is just because other teams are now interested and have probably given him a better offer, so we're not going to get into a bidding war for him.

The Redskins have withdrawn their offer to free agent OLB Junior Galette.

Washington reportedly had a change of heart once other teams showed interest. It's unsurprising the Browns and Rams are among those interested in Galette since he has ties to Browns personnel consultant Scot McCloughan, who brought Galette to Washington, and Rams LB coach Joe Barry, who was Galette's defensive coordinator with the Redskins.

Please sign for more money than you are worth so we get a comp pick.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

Hopefully it means we're drafting Marcus Davenport.

I am hopeful either Edmunds or Smith are available by the time we pick (assuming we can get something done with Hankins). If we don’t get Hankins, it has to be Vea or Payne.

Archived