The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

A guy I’m telling y’all to be on the look out that’s about to flash in pre-workouts & combine leading up to draft is South Carolina Darius Leonard he has a skill set similar to Hassan Reddick coming out of temple & Jammie Collins. I watched the kid, he covers a lot of ground, can play side line to side line blitz & cover

Suh has issues and I want nothing to do with him. Hasn’t exactly been worth anywhere near that contract either. Wilkerson is irrelevant unless he’s released and he’s still not on Campbell’s level. He’s been pretty meh the past 2 years. Jacksonville added two elite defensive players to their defense this past offseason in Bouye and Campbell. Their defense isn’t what it is without them. Just wish this team would take a little more interest in building a dominant defense.

20 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Suh has issues and I want nothing to do with him. Hasn’t exactly been worth anywhere near that contract either. Wilkerson is irrelevant unless he’s released and he’s still not on Campbell’s level. He’s been pretty meh the past 2 years. Jacksonville added two elite defensive players to their defense this past offseason in Bouye and Campbell. Their defense isn’t what it is without them. Just wish this team would take a little more interest in building a dominant defense.

I agree with all you said but we have to take a page out of Jacksonville be aggressive in Free agency & get some dominant players, however I do think wilkserson is an upgrade on DaQuon & I really would prefer we get a 5 tech DE In FA that will help Orakpo on the other side 

I know it's unrealistic, but I'd love to steal Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry and team them up with Corey Davis. Would also love to add a legit CB to go with Adoree and Ryan inBashaud Breeland and Trumaine Johnson. We need to dip into this FA market for 2 big difference makers. 

I don't really think we have as much cap room as we have in the past. By the time we resign some of our guys and extend Lewan, I don't think we need to be giving an OG 10 Million a year with us likely wanting to extend Mariota next season.

22 minutes ago, SARGO127 said:

I know it's unrealistic, but I'd love to steal Allen Robinson or Jarvis Landry and team them up with Corey Davis. Would also love to add a legit CB to go with Adoree and Ryan inBashaud Breeland and Trumaine Johnson. We need to dip into this FA market for 2 big difference makers. 

If I am the Titans on defense I would be drafting high. We need a difference maker pass rusher big time. I would say best available one where we pick in the first is who we should take. Unless there is none worth it. Only other spots I would take in the first is an offensive lineman preferably a guard if a can't miss one is available or an inside linebacker as Woodyard is older and not sure we bring Williamson back.

I also think we need to find a way to get Jarvis Landry. He has some baggage but nothing that should scare us. He is the exact receiver the Titans need. Reliable hands, chain mover will be in the right spots. Exactly what the Titans need plus he did well in the red zone this year. If we get Landry that is a huge fix for the slot WR with Davis and Matthews a very strong three.

2 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Not that big a deal but we do get Tajae Sharpe back next year. Odds are he probably doesn't make the team but I would like to see if he's progressed any after sitting out the entire year.

This is the reason I feel like we can lose Decker. To me Sharpe provides the same kind of play and is much younger and cheaper. Decker to me is not what he was anymore. Never really clicked this year either.

If we manage to get Landry, him with Davis and Matthews with Sharpe and Taylor to me is a very strong unit with a nice variety of skill sets.

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Yes!!! I forgot this. 

Chase Daniel, Colin Kaepernick, Teddy Bridgewater, Blaine Gabbert are my realistic targets. We need a guy who can come in and not be Cassell.

Teddy would be real nice, but I kind of doubt Minny lets him go. I'd sign Bradford just as well, though.

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I still have a problem with this pick, especially if we go that route. Outside of STs, there's no reason he should have been drafted above White. Taking him off STs (as unimpactful as he was this year) would be a huge mistake. 

He needs to continue developing on D and STs. Forget about him on offense though.

The thing is he actually flashed enough things to promise he could grow into quite a solid starter at the CB position. So I'm far from ready to call that pick a bust. Also, IMO, that potential is far greater than maybe looking at 1 or 2 punts he might take the whole distance per year.

2 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Hell no to Decker. Sorry but drops in the 3 biggest games of our season I will not forgive. Idgaf about his run blocking either if you struggle to catch a damn football as a wide reciever then gtfo. Also his experience really showed with that false start last night. Oh and did I mention he's slow? Marcus has to literally throw a perfect ball to him every single time because he can't get any separation. He's a bum

He also made some very important blocks in those 3 games. That's valuable, especially in an offense like ours. And sure, he's slow, but he can still find ways to get open, either by finding the soft spots of the defense, either by outmuscling his opponent, as it should've been the case on that OPI call. He's definitely not a bum.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Though he had his ups & downs on special teams people forget he also had 2 PR call back for dumb block in the back. It’s call experience people it’s a huge adjustment from college & the NFL, give the kid a break. I’m confident he’ll get better watching film 

Ironically, I think his ST play has actually gotten much worse as the season went on. So it's not just the lack of experience, but IMO very possibly the fact that he's been asked to do much more than he can handle. Offense, defense, ST. It's hard enough to adjust to one single position into the league (CB being among the hardest, IMO), it's that much harder to do so when you're asked to return just about everything and handle offensive responsibilities as well (both as a runner and as a receiver). Like I said above, I don't care he might return 1 or 2 all the way to the house, his potential right now is still much better as a CB, and his development at that is just as important. At the end of the day, winning the field position battle is more important than sacrificing multiple possessions taken back by mental errors and possible turnovers for 1 or 2 scores.

If anything, bring someone else to return kicks, maybe someone who has a better feeling of what it's worth taken out of the EZ and what not. Have him maybe take the majority of the PRs as well, saving Adoree for punts that have a better rate of big returns. You keep his explosive ability for a limited number of snaps. Theoretically, he should be more effective and we get his costly mistakes out of the way.

36 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't really think we have as much cap room as we have in the past. By the time we resign some of our guys and extend Lewan, I don't think we need to be giving an OG 10 Million a year with us likely wanting to extend Mariota next season.

Boy we have a lot of cap over 60 million plus we front loaded our FA we signed last yr giving them guaranteed money up front so we could cut em if we wanted wit little cap hit 

10 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Boy we have a lot of cap over 60 million plus we front loaded our FA we signed last yr giving them guaranteed money up front so we could cut em if we wanted wit little cap hit 

We have 60 if we cut Demarco. You cut Morgan or Orakpo and it’s 68-69 give it take. Likely resigning Lewan this offseason. Mariota next offseason. If some of you expect a spending spree Jacksonville style.... You got another thing coming. Robinson has showed already he doesn’t go crazy with spending and we’ve had loads of cap the whole time he’s been here.

Archived