The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Rumors are flying here in Boston Gronks about to be traded. No shot it’s to the Titans right? ?

I wouldn't want him beyond this year and we already have Delanie. The reason for that is that seems like he's a year to year guy at this point by the way he's talking.

23 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Could you imagine a 2 TE offense with Delanie and Gronk though? Those two alone would erase whatever worry/doubt I have with our WR group.

For this year yeah they would be great. But for me, I wouldn't want to give up a future asset for a guy who has proven to be injury prone and is unsure of his future. Plus, I thought Jonnu played well enough for a rookie. Hopefully he improves on his blocking this offseason.

6 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

For the record multiple people have called this report false, so I dunno.

Probably.... but I'm going to live in fantasy land and think it happened. I like to imagine Brady going in the office and saying I'm about to quit!  :) 

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Probably.... but I'm going to live in fantasy land and think it happened. I like to imagine Brady going in the office and saying I'm about to quit!  :) 

It’s not false the Pats have to deny it now. But even guys up here close to the team had it as being close to done also the guy who had the Edelman suspension a day before it happened on Reddit had it but said he was waiting for it to be official. 

The fact is there’s something going on at 1 Patriot Place and it’s not going to end well. Yes the Pats will win the division but somethings going on between Belichick Brady Gronk and the Krafts

As far as the fantasy part of it I was talking to a guy I met at the Titans Pats Game who lives in LA but saying picture any 3rd and 4th and short you line up Gronk next to Lewan left move Walker in motion to FB and run Lewis or Henry to the left behind that wall of blockers how funny that would be. Also Gronk and Lewan on the same team would be awesome. Gronk Lewan and Subban in that town would be a blast 

I think sometimes as a fam base w try to fru cute.... like nah, we're better off without Gronk. 

That's ridiculous... we're more than ok without him, but our offense could be unstoppable with him. I'd give up a 1 plus some, definitely. The injuries are a concern, it's his style of play though, and one of the many reasons he's so great... similar to McNair. 

I do agree with Walker that he's the most rounded TE in the league. Gronk is by far the best receiving option though, without a question. I'm on record saying i'm not comfortable with our wr group beyond David's and Matthews, and especially not being Taylor. Gronk would definitely alleviate those concerns, giving us 5 solid receiving options at the very least. Imagine trying to stop a 2 minute offense with Davis and Matthews outside, Gronk in the slot, Walker in the slotor on the line, and Lewis in the backfield... 

Our defense is good enough to make s SB run. Especially if at least one of the rookies has significant impact.  Or offense would be championship caliber too... I'd trade that 1st+ for a chance at that SB now. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/10/delanie-walker-would-welcome-dez-bryant-to-the-titans/

I am one of the few fans in here that keeps saying the Titans should take a look at Dez. I understand he’s not the same Dez but I’m one of the few who isn’t sold on our WR group just yet. Mathews and Davis will be fine if healthy but the depth behind them has me worried. If the Titans are playing on waiting for camp cuts or the June cuts that seem to happen then that’s fine. Overall I think we could use another WR but Dez is the only guy appealing to me at the moment 

On 6/9/2018 at 12:05 PM, ragevsuall17 said:

I think sometimes as a fam base w try to fru cute.... like nah, we're better off without Gronk. 

That's ridiculous... we're more than ok without him, but our offense could be unstoppable with him. I'd give up a 1 plus some, definitely. The injuries are a concern, it's his style of play though, and one of the many reasons he's so great... similar to McNair. 

I do agree with Walker that he's the most rounded TE in the league. Gronk is by far the best receiving option though, without a question. I'm on record saying i'm not comfortable with our wr group beyond David's and Matthews, and especially not being Taylor. Gronk would definitely alleviate those concerns, giving us 5 solid receiving options at the very least. Imagine trying to stop a 2 minute offense with Davis and Matthews outside, Gronk in the slot, Walker in the slotor on the line, and Lewis in the backfield... 

Our defense is good enough to make s SB run. Especially if at least one of the rookies has significant impact.  Or offense would be championship caliber too... I'd trade that 1st+ for a chance at that SB now. 

If we're talking about trading high picks for veterans, I'm calling up Seattle and taking a shot at Earl Thomas. I know Pees likes his traditional strong safety, but man, the idea of a secondary with ET, Byard, Butler, Adoree and Ryan is just too much.

Archived