The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

15 hours ago, TitanSS said:

I never got why people talk about the team being a base 3-4 or whatever so much. On 60% or more of the snaps teams aren't in their "base" defense. Our base defense for the last two years has essentially been a nickel 2-4-5, which is basically what it would be if we played an even front. 2 interior defenders, 2 edge rushers, 2 off-ball LBs, 5 DBs. Call it whatever you want, but the base doesn't matter on the majority of the defensive snaps. If we're looking at how players fit our defense that's the formation I'm looking at, and also why I think NT had been incredibly overrated on these forums since we swapped to a 3-4. On the majority of our snaps we're not going to have a NT on the field because we need  extra DBs going against teams in 11 personnel. A "5-tech" as people call them probably spends more time as a 4 or 4i in todays NFL than they actually do lined up at a 5 due to the lack of a NT being on the field. 

That’s exactly why I said had we got suh he could play NT or 5tech. In a hybrid 3-4 a true NT is not needed, we only need a NT that can collapse the pocket & rush inside.

20 hours ago, TwoToneBlue said:

The Colts had such a long run of success that people give them the benefit of the doubt, but they are a clear #4 in the division currently. 

We haven’t been consistently good yet. If we have another strong season this year then I think we will start getting some respect. 

And I agree that Mariota will be the key. If he can stay healthy, I have full confidence in him to have us back in the playoffs. That’s another annoying thing to me - reading QB rankings. 

No idea why they should be given anything based on those years though. AFC South has been pretty awful for a while now as a whole. Luck has major question marks and although I think Brissett is decent theyre roster as a whole is still really lacking. Pretty clear cut the worst roster in the division.

I got it as:

1) JAX

2) TEN

3) HOU

4) IND

I think if Watson can come back with solid success there's honestly a decent chance we get 3 teams from the South in the playoffs. Wouldn't shock me if JAX/TEN are interchangeable at 1 and 2, but I definitely think depending on health we both will be returning to the playoffs. 

Nashville has reportedly become the favorite to host the 2019 NFL Draft.

I think that’s a great think for the city of Nashville. Other than a SB the next big thing I hope the city gets is an out door game for the Preds. The fan base is great the Preds are good I don’t see why the NHL hasn’t put them in a Winter Classic game. 

4 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Nashville has reportedly become the favorite to host the 2019 NFL Draft.

I think that’s a great think for the city of Nashville. Other than a SB the next big thing I hope the city gets is an out door game for the Preds. The fan base is great the Preds are good I don’t see why the NHL hasn’t put them in a Winter Classic game. 

Would love to go if I was in the states but that will add an additional traffic nightmare to what is already a traffic nightmare in that city.

just an obvious observation -- I'm so much more excited going into this year with this coaching staff instead of Mularkey+crew. It was so damn hard watching our O last year and trying to see Marcus thread needles to Luke Stocker, Corey Davis lead blocking for an Eric Decker screen and Taywan Taylor putting his hand in the ground. We have some legit talent on offense and an OC with a great reputation at building modern offenses and getting the most out of the QB. I think if it clicks early, Marcus can be an MVP candidate this year. I don't think that's an overly homer sentiment, either. He's the type of QB that can light up a scoreboard and should.

On 5/6/2018 at 2:41 PM, RuskieTitan said:

The forum only gives one like but it's the hardest like I've ever pressed.

Griffin easily belongs in our ring of honor and should be in the Hall of Fame too.

LOL

Be in the hall of fame for what? Taking bad angles and getting ran over? 

I miss this btw lolol

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep I’ll be in Nashville for the draft!!!

Coming down for the Ravens game with my Dad(Ravens fan) in October. Can’t wait

I’m going in November with my dad who’s a Pats fan for the game. First time in Nashville, I CANNOT WAIT!!

Archived