The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Slow time of year, but hadn't seen this discussed yet: https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/30/taylor-lewan-going-about-his-business-despite-slow-pace-of-negotiations/

Given our cap space and his performance, not sure why they are dragging their feet. If we have to pick between him or Conklin it's Lewan all day. He's a better player at a more crucial position. Strategically, it makes sense as well since we have Conklin locked into rookie numbers for a few more years. Lewan doesn't strike me as the type to take the foot off the gas just because he got a big deal. Would prefer to not see this drag out. Something before training camp seems reasonable and have plenty of time for, Terry McCormick is going for clicks I'm sure.

The Titans have went out of their way practically making Lewan the face of the franchise. The guy isn't going anywhere. Casey's extension was done late July last year, so there's precedent from Robinson to get extensions done late in the off-season.

Yea Lewan isn’t going anywhere. PFT always try to make a story out of nothing.

What needs to be discussed is that pathetic bum Dodd not at OTAs. It’s voluntary but when you’re on the bubble and trying to prove to your new coaches you belong, you’d get your *** there.

16 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea Lewan isn’t going anywhere. PFT always try to make a story out of nothing.

What needs to be discussed is that pathetic bum Dodd not at OTAs. It’s voluntary but when you’re on the bubble and trying to prove to your new coaches you belong, you’d get your *** there.

Hopefully he's been told to stay away until he hits 300 pounds and can play on the line.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Hopefully he's been told to stay away until he hits 300 pounds and can play on the line.

I thought he was there but just not working out for a reason they are keeping secret.  
Dean Pees has talked about him working hard.

I think he is there...

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I thought he was there but just not working out for a reason they are keeping secret.  
Dean Pees has talked about him working hard.

I think he is there...

https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/05/30/titans-otas-kevin-dodd-phillip-supernaw-still-not-practicing/

The Titans still don’t have full participation as they enter the middle portion of their voluntary organized team activities. Jason Wolf of the Tennesseean wrote that Kevin Dodd is still not in attendance, while a few other players didn’t practice for various reasons.

Dodd was the only player not at the facility according to reports. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Welp....

there was my short defense of Dodd.  lol

Yeah, there better be a real good reason. I'm completely fine with established vets skipping voluntary OTAs, but when you're staring down the barrel of being a massive bust and need to impress the new coaching staff, you really need to be there.

Titan and Jag fans have never liked one another but people I think the animosity has hit an all time high. I said one positive thing about Jags on twitter and tons of Titan fans said I'm not a real fan of the team. Deleted the tweet. Kind of crazy really. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/quinton-spain?id=2553175

if this not 100% accurate to the date. I honestly feel that Spain is athletic enough & is a better fit in a zone blocking scheme than power man. This is his scouting report coming out of college. Till this day I see the same thing wit him, & that’s  inconsistent hands, & feet. Granted he has improved each season, hope he’s ready to dominate.

Archived