The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I wish him the absolute best, but Avery was a huge disappointment last year. We heard a TON of positive stuff about him during the offseason and TC, but he was essentially the same player he had been in 2016. It didn't help his case that Woodyard absolutely went off and had a career year.

Great run stopper, but probably one of the worst coverage LBs I can remember us having for a while. And we've had some awful ones. 

Thinking about it now, we haven't had a LB that can semi-cover over than Jayon since prime Bulluck. They've all been horrid.

25 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

So why exactly is he still on the team. His bum *** needs To be cut ASAP.

Because we're hoping we can get some sort of trade value for the guy. Anything is better than nothing, I don’t care if we traded Dodd for a VCR & sunflower seeds I’ll take it ??‍♂️... 

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

So Dodd just isn’t there and apparently hasn’t communicated with the coaching staff. Bold move when you’re riding the roster bubble.

Still breaks my heart that we didn't draft Myles Jack over him, but hopefully Rashaan Evans gives us what Myles Jack could've given us and more.

7 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Still breaks my heart that we didn't draft Myles Jack over him, but hopefully Rashaan Evans gives us what Myles Jack could've given us and more.

Myles jack to me is overrated & the jury still out, he plays with a elite supporting cast, but he reminds me of Zach Brown, athletically gifted but can’t cover or get off blocks 

4 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Myles jack to me is overrated & the jury still out, he plays with a elite supporting cast, but he reminds me of Zach Brown, athletically gifted but can’t cover or get off blocks 

I feel like the previous staff didn't know how to use him. It's fair to wonder if his play has been due to playing with an elite supporting cast, but that's not really something he can control. He's one of my favorite players that I've ever scouted during the draft process, so I'll always have that "what if" thing if he would've landed with us instead of Dodd. I just think athletically he was one of the most special players I've seen. I still watch his old UCLA tape for fun sometimes. xD

20 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

I feel like the previous staff didn't know how to use him. It's fair to wonder if his play has been due to playing with an elite supporting cast, but that's not really something he can control. He's one of my favorite players that I've ever scouted during the draft process, so I'll always have that "what if" thing if he would've landed with us instead of Dodd. I just think athletically he was one of the most special players I've seen. I still watch his old UCLA tape for fun sometimes. xD

Jack hasn't been the kind of player that he was advertised to be though.  I forget he is on the team to be honest.  Unlike someone like Telvin Smith. 

On 6/5/2018 at 6:23 PM, TitanRedd said:

5 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Jack hasn't been the kind of player that he was advertised to be though.  I forget he is on the team to be honest.  Unlike someone like Telvin Smith. 

What in the world.

8 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What in the world.

I can believe it, think about it ? I’m a shut down corner if I face mediocre receivers all day & don’t allow a reception.. same applies for jack, the jags defense is so elite that they make mediocre QB’s look garbage. But what happens when jack met Rothlisburger, Brady, Goff, & Wilson he gets picked on all day.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:10 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

What in the world.

I still forget he is on the team. :)

Doesn't mean he isn't a good player. But he was talked about as maybe being a top 3 type player when he came out (if not for the injury.)  He was talked about being able to play almost any position on defense (Safety, Corner, LB) hell maybe even lining up in the offensive backfield.  I haven't seen that type player 2 times a year. 

Did we whiff on our pick of Dodd? Yes.  We would have been better served drafting someone like Jack.

He has been a good 2nd round pick. Got on the field, been productive.  But......since he has been on the Jags and when they play the Titans, I forget he is on the team. He has not made the impact plays that he was hyped to make coming out in the draft.

To me, he screams a player that when his contract is up, he will be on a new team, because the Jags won't want to pay. 

Just an outsiders view. 

Archived