The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

On 5/31/2018 at 5:39 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea Lewan isn’t going anywhere. PFT always try to make a story out of nothing.

What needs to be discussed is that pathetic bum Dodd not at OTAs. It’s voluntary but when you’re on the bubble and trying to prove to your new coaches you belong, you’d get your *** there.

Welp, seems like this can now be officially qualified as a story. Should get worked out in due time and probably good for him to not risk injury before getting that big deal. Still... J-Rob better not waffle on this and let it get out of hand. 

5 hours ago, VY said:

Welp, seems like this can now be officially qualified as a story. Should get worked out in due time and probably good for him to not risk injury before getting that big deal. Still... J-Rob better not waffle on this and let it get out of hand. 

5 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

glad to see it I’ve mentioned last year this is where he needs to be 

I wonder if they view him as the potential replacement to Klug.

We never did sign or draft anyone to provide that situational rush DL role that Klug had.

43 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

We never did sign or draft anyone to provide that situational rush DL role that Klug had.

Could very well be. We are a guy short at the position maybe even 2 in the sense of depth. Caseys a given. I like Logan but after that we have Jones coming off surgery Johnson who’s ok but nothing special and King who to me was invisible most of last year. I know he played just can’t think of one big play he made. Dodd needs to take advantage of the opportunity. He clearly is better with his hand in the ground and just isn’t quick enough coming off the edge at LB so it would be nice for Dodd to step up but who knows what we”ll get with him.

I will say I’ll miss Klug. He was a good high motor guy a solid veteran and good depth hopefully someone steps up

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

From the team perspective, it makes so much sense.  We're only running 5 deep on the DL... Casey, Jones, and King on the outside and Logan and Johnson on the inside... even King is a stretch at that 5th spot.  What once was a strength looks to have a big gap down the depth chart.  Maybe they have plans for one/some of the UDFA's, but that's leaving a lot to chance.

At OLB, I feel more comfortable with Wallace as the 4th OLB behind Rak, Morgan, and Landry than I do about King or the depth behind him.  I also wouldn't be surprised if Evans plays outside in certain subpackages.  

I hope we don’t drag our feet on the lewan extension. There is zero question that we need to resign him and the longer we wait, the higher the number goes. It sucks to have to outdo the Solder contract but that’s where the market is at so get it done. 

14 hours ago, titanrick said:

I hope we don’t drag our feet on the lewan extension. There is zero question that we need to resign him and the longer we wait, the higher the number goes. It sucks to have to outdo the Solder contract but that’s where the market is at so get it done. 

I think we will get it done. The Titans seem to do good at taking care of “our guys” McCourty in the past Casey recently so I think it gets done 

Archived