The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

56 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

granted our secondary is good but man the WR position is really going to be something to watch. 

Its tough to bank on an UFA but it would be nice if Burnett or who ever starts to turn heads and becomes a candidate to make the team and be a legit option 

Sounds like a great way for young receivers to learn and develop. 

We currently have one receiver that belongs on an NFL roster practicing, secondary should look dominant. I’m still surprised that the only depth we added was Campanaro. Putting a ton of faith in the two second year receivers to stay healthy and get a lot better. Hopefully it pans out.

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

We currently have one receiver that belongs on an NFL roster practicing, secondary should look dominant. I’m still surprised that the only depth we added was Campanaro. Putting a ton of faith in the two second year receivers to stay healthy and get a lot better. Hopefully it pans out.

Cmon we added Nick Williams too ?

Seriously though we need another guy 

Honestly, I think our team is at a place now culture wise where we could bring in a guy like Dez and we wouldn't have to really worry about him being a "cancer" to the locker room because the leaders of our team would expect him to fall in line with the rest of the crew, or he wouldn't end up making the team. We'd literally have all the leverage in the situation. He either comes in falls in line with the team culture and improves the WR group, or he doesn't and we cut bait after training camp. JRob/Vrabel have a good pulse on the team, and I'd expect if it wasn't working with him they'd be quick to pull the trigger.  Just my personal take on Dez, but I've always felt like he was an extremely loyal guy, and not really the "locker room cancer" that some paint him out to be.  He's very outspoken and passionate about winning which at times can rub people the wrong way, but I've never seen him as a guy that was really a "me" guy.  Every receiver in the NFL wants the ball on every play that's just the nature of the position, and he's also a very big personality that the media would love to get sound bytes from, but I think above all else he loves football and wants to win.  Like I said, if there was ever a time for our team to take a chance on a guy like him, I think now is the time. We've built up our team culture. It's strong. A guy like Dez isn't going to come in as an outsider and wreck the whole locker room. Plus his overall lack of free agency options this offseason should show him that he either joins the team and does his job, or he might not be playing again anytime soon.

Ya between Rak Casey Byard Ryan Woodyard Lewan and Delanie I’m not overally worried about Dez being a problem. 

Out of the guys available I want Dez but if we were to go after Maclin Decker or Eli Rodgers I could live with any of them. We don’t need a guy to be a true number 1 we all expect Davis to be that but if injury bugs do happen we need a guy to step in who knows what’s going on and is good. We can’t have Eric Weem type guys out there playing WR if we want to go far 

Whatever happened to Maclin? He was really good with Philly and then KC a couple years ago no? As far as Dez,  if we add him I ain’t worried about him. If he tried anything I know Lewan, especially if it was anything directed at Marcus, would whoop his ***

2 hours ago, Titansfan_13 said:

Anybody else see this article?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000937032/article/afc-weak-spots-can-blake-bortles-rise-pats-flawed-on-edges

First I smiled and laughed...then I just shook my head at the laziness of it.

Great to hear nice things but at the moment WR could be our flaw. Not saying will be our flaw but could be 

Archived