The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Trash

I swear, I’m wit you 100% if dez was even thought of as a solid # 2 he would’ve had plenty of suitors to choose from. He’s done, I’m tired of signing WR at the tail end of their careers wishing & praying they have something left in the tank. Eric Moulds, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Hakeem nicks. Same story hell, let’s call Tyrone Calico & see if them knees finally healthy ???

I really don't want Dez... 

But I said it all offseason and I say it louder today... we need WR help. Davis is my AAT and I have high Hope's for him,  but AAT or not, he has a ton to prove, and heneeds to stay healthy. Matthews is a solid #2, but at this point I have doubts about everyone behind him. Maybe it clicks for Taylor in season 2 and with a new staff, but he showed close to nothing last season. Tajae I have little hope for,  he just doesn't have a single plus skill that makes him anything than a deep depth player/JAG. 

I would prefer Maclin or even Decker of the available WRs... If Sims continues doing well, maybe we can flip him for a 3rd/4th WR... to someone like the Pat's (Dorsett, Matthews), Chargers (Benjamin, Williams), or someone like the Brown's Coleman if they've soured on him. 

But at this point, I'll even take Dez. Going in withno one behind Davis and Matthews is a recipe for disaster if either of them go down. 

I hope Taylor does good but just go back and look how bad it was. One year doesn’t define a guy I’m just saying he has me worried and isn’t a guarantee to make a jump.

I just happened to rewatch all the wins from the Titans last year because I don’t have it in me to look at the losses. Let the coaches do that but after Taylor scored his TD vs the Colts, in all our wins after that Cleveland Indy Houston Jacksonville and the Chiefs the only Taywan Taylor highlight I found in the video packages they put together was him tripping and falling over nothing in Indy when Mariota threw at him and lead to an INT.

Again doesn’t mean he won’t figure it out I’m just saying there’s reason for concern. My lasting image of him before I had to leave in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game was back to back 1st downs to START the drive he had a false start and an illegal formation I believe or another false start but either way went from 1st and 10 to 1st and 15 in a hurry just because he couldn’t handle the moment.

Also beyond Taylor if Matthews or Davis even go down for a game it’s scary to think Taylor and Sharpe will have to have bigger roles and just arnt starters yet in this league 

6 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

I swear, I’m wit you 100% if dez was even thought of as a solid # 2 he would’ve had plenty of suitors to choose from. He’s done, I’m tired of signing WR at the tail end of their careers wishing & praying they have something left in the tank. Eric Moulds, Randy Moss, Andre Johnson, Hakeem nicks. Same story hell, let’s call Tyrone Calico & see if them knees finally healthy ???

I think a big difference is that Dez is still not even 30 yet. Those guys you mentioned were all well into their 30s.

His game is not reliant on speed so that isn't a concern. As a big bodied wr, he could still have some years left... I can see an 800-1k yard receiver with some TD potential with his jumping ability.... so a contract in line with that production. 7M or so. I also think that one of Vrabel's biggest strengths will be providing leadership in the locker room... with him and some of the other guys (Rak, Delanie, Lewan, etc), they'd be able tokeep him mostly in check. 

I'm not going to jump for joy if we sign Dez Bryant, but I'll still feel better about our receivers than I do right now. I'll take a low-risk contract on the chance he regains some explosiveness. Worst-case, he's still better than Tajae Sharpe and provides some sort of depth on the outside (with the assumption that Taywan is purely a slot guy). He's not prime Dez and he's not a No. 1, but we're simply not going to find that at this point. Our receiver depth is absolute garbage right now, I'll take a shot on just about anyone that has any sort of proven production.

I have no concerns about him damaging the locker room. The second he tries to pull anything with Marcus, Lewan will end him.

On a different note, here's an outside perspective on our team. Give it a watch if you have 20 minutes (well worth it), and especially if you're a Henry fan, or a skeptic... he's got me convinced that Henry will have a great season. He also spends a good comme minutes on LaFleur... very good info...

This is a Texan fan site, mind you... and it may be the best Titan hype video I've seen in a while...

https://www.battleredblog.com/2018/6/12/17453172/the-film-room-the-titans-are-going-to-be-a-problem-in-2018

19 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

On a different note, here's an outside perspective on our team. Give it a watch if you have 20 minutes (well worth it), and especially if you're a Henry fan, or a skeptic... he's got me convinced that Henry will have a great season. He also spends a good comme minutes on LaFleur... very good info...

This is a Texan fan site, mind you... and it may be the best Titan hype video I've seen in a while...

https://www.battleredblog.com/2018/6/12/17453172/the-film-room-the-titans-are-going-to-be-a-problem-in-2018

It's hilarious to listen to him talk about how poorly utilized Henry was last year. So much of the focus was placed on the archaic passing game that most didn't even talk about the damage Robiskie did to the ground game.

I think Dez would help in the Red Zone for sure. Don’t get me wrong we all thought Decker would have the same impact and it didn’t quite work out that way but Dez Davis Walker alone are great threats to go along with a dual threat QB who’s never thrown a pick in the Red Zone yet and our 2 headed monster in the backfield

I feel that I need to post my "Dez is just a slightly better Eric Decker" take anytime he's mentioned.

Just for fun here's their stat comparisons from the past 3 seasons

Dez-38 games/300 targets/150 rec/2035 yards/13.6 YPC/17 TDs

Decker-34 games/236 targets/143 rec/1784 yards/12.5 YPC/15 TDs

3 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

I feel that I need to post my "Dez is just a slightly better Eric Decker" take anytime he's mentioned.

Just for fun here's their stat comparisons from the past 3 seasons

Dez-38 games/300 targets/150 rec/2035 yards/13.6 YPC/17 TDs

Decker-34 games/236 targets/143 rec/1784 yards/12.5 YPC/15 TDs

Like I mentioned in my posts, i'm ok with Decker as well. We need depth,  we need a guy with some experience (we currently only have 1 wr with more than 1 year on offense) ... we need a guy who can start outside and be effective, especially if one of our top 2 go down. I don't want to see Shape out there playing anything that isn't a 5 wr set (and even then, Walker, Smith, Lewis could line up at wr, right?)

Anyway, that's what we're looking for here... a 3 with the potential to be a 2 if/as needed. I doubt anyone thinks we're singing a #1 at this point or even a starter without questions. #1 money will also not be paid out as a base, regardless of who it is (I have no problem if incentives in that contract moves the pay to that range if production dictates so).

I would rather sign Dez or Maclin over Decker. I know Decker now has some familiarity with Mariota but I don’t know from all I have heard Decker was kind of a ****** last year. Maybe not to his teammates but for sure was a little ****** towards the media it seemed. He only wanted to talk after the 2 games he scored TDs. I know how he handled the media shouldn’t matter how he performed on the field or how he was towards his teammates. Plus the Titans have to deal with tweets from his wife when he doesn’t get the ball. I would just rather a different WR in here than him 

On 6/16/2018 at 5:15 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

Great to hear nice things but at the moment WR could be our flaw. Not saying will be our flaw but could be 

I mean I would definitely say WR is our weak spot as of now. Hopefully Davis ,Taylor, and Sharpe progress and it's not, but that's not a given. I also enjoyhearing nice things, but if you're gonna do an article, do some research... Hence my comments on the writer being lazy.

20 minutes ago, Titansfan_13 said:

I mean I would definitely say WR is our weak spot as of now. Hopefully Davis ,Taylor, and Sharpe progress and it's not, but that's not a given. I also enjoyhearing nice things, but if you're gonna do an article, do some research... Hence my comments on the writer being lazy.

Could be lazy. I took it as him trying to be funny to be honest but it’s words without sound so who knows 

Archived