The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Even if Cleveland adds two studs I still wouldn't be sold on that roster or organization. They draft horribly, their coaching is lacking, and I think the roster is barren outside of a few key guys. I could be wrong, but that dumpster fire is one to be avoided.

Some free agents i would look at:

Teddy Bridgewater

Matt Moore

Tyrod Taylor (once released)

Dion Lewis

Jerick McKinnon

Jordan Matthews

Marquise Lee

Paul Richardson

Trey Burton

Justin Pugh

Andrew Norwell

DJ Fluker

Alex Okafor

Barkevious Mingo

Jerry Attaochu

DaQuan Jones

Avery Williams

Preston Brown

Jon Bostic

Trumaine Johnson

Malcolm Butler

E.J. Gaines

Kyle Fuller

Prince Amukamara

Bashaud Breeland

Ryan Succop

30 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

So it's pretty clear I'd think that the Pats aren't gonna keep Butler around especially after benching him for the Super Bowl (dumb af imo). Do you think we should try and sign him?

No he’s good & a solid corner but him & adoree skillset are kinda similar, I rather we go after a tall CB that can mix it up, Amukamara, Johnson & heard Denver will release Talib if they can’t find a trade partner.. 

7 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

No he’s good & a solid corner but him & adoree skillset are kinda similar, I rather we go after a tall CB that can mix it up, Amukamara, Johnson & heard Denver will release Talib if they can’t find a trade partner.. 

NOPE that punk can go play some where else pls. 

I'd like Tru from the rams if thats the johnson you're talking about. Tru Jackson and Ryan playing the slot? SIMS AS DEPTH! I'm feeling that. THOUGH I really do like Butler. I wouldn't be mad if he ended up a titan.

I DO KNOW ONE THING. We will be finding someone to stop Hop in Houston. With Mike coming from there HE KNOWS they love to just chuck him the ball. I think we have a HC that (I know this is gonna be crazy) DOUBLE HOP MAYBE EVEN TRIPLE HIS ***! Like yall remember Hop one on one with Brice... LMAOO

Guess the wild card in all this is Tye Smith who I knew little about and didn't even know who he was when he started his 1st game. I was just happy I didnt see TRASH BRICE MCCAIN out there. And if the new staff really sees Sims as a starter.

Interesting stuff going on this offseason

The only CB I’d want in FA would have to be a clear upgrade over Adoree and Ryan: the only CB scheduled to be a FA that fits that is Trumaine Johnson. Butler to me isn’t anything special. His hype to me lives off the pick in the Seattle SB. Sure he’s a solid player but honestly I don’t think he’s that much if at all better than Ryan. Having said that, I highly doubt we pay another big time money with the contract Ryan just got and the 1st round investment in Jackson. Sure we have all new coaching staff but this is still Robinson’s team. I could see us investing a mid round pick into a CB and then having a 5 of Ryan, Adoree, Smith, Sims, and rookie.

I think a lot of focus this offseason will be the front 7 and preparing for life after Orakpo and Morgan.

Also finding the right 5 on the OL. Who knows what they do at OL now with the scheme change likely and our RT likely won’t be playing until mid season. Can Kelly really play RT in a zone scheme? Highly doubt it. I’d like to see a guy signed/drafted that can play RT until Conklin comes back and then slides inside when Conklin is available. I’d tender Spain and slap a 1-2 year deal on Kline. Give them both a chance in the new scheme. At worst, one can become a backup.

WR I’m also intrigued by. Don’t really see Decker back and I really don’t want him back. That leaves us with Matthews, Davis, Taylor, and Sharpe. That to me is a solid core right there especially if everyone can stay relatively healthy. Having said that, this is one position I wouldn’t mind targeting in FA and making it a damn good receiving core. I want the top guy is Landry. I saw how him and Delanie and some other Titan teammates were hanging out at the pro bowl. Not a big deal but the bond is there. Matthews has 1 year left on his deal.  I expect the use of 3 WRs to improve dramatically under LaFleur. Landry put up good #s with Tannehill and Cutler as his QBs. Would really like to see him with Marcus.

1 hour ago, VY-FTW said:

NOPE that punk can go play some where else pls. 

I'd like Tru from the rams if thats the johnson you're talking about. Tru Jackson and Ryan playing the slot? SIMS AS DEPTH! I'm feeling that. THOUGH I really do like Butler. I wouldn't be mad if he ended up a titan.

I DO KNOW ONE THING. We will be finding someone to stop Hop in Houston. With Mike coming from there HE KNOWS they love to just chuck him the ball. I think we have a HC that (I know this is gonna be crazy) DOUBLE HOP MAYBE EVEN TRIPLE HIS ***! Like yall remember Hop one on one with Brice... LMAOO

Guess the wild card in all this is Tye Smith who I knew little about and didn't even know who he was when he started his 1st game. I was just happy I didnt see TRASH BRICE MCCAIN out there. And if the new staff really sees Sims as a starter.

Interesting stuff going on this offseason

Mane I know him Crabtree got beef but dude is still a top 10 CB in this league & q baller he plays with an edge & brings it I’ll welcome Talib any day I’m confident Talib 1 on 1 coverage vs Hopkins 

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

The only CB I’d want in FA would have to be a clear upgrade over Adoree and Ryan: the only CB scheduled to be a FA that fits that is Trumaine Johnson. Butler to me isn’t anything special. His hype to me lives off the pick in the Seattle SB. Sure he’s a solid player but honestly I don’t think he’s that much if at all better than Ryan. Having said that, I highly doubt we pay another big time money with the contract Ryan just got and the 1st round investment in Jackson. Sure we have all new coaching staff but this is still Robinson’s team. I could see us investing a mid round pick into a CB and then having a 5 of Ryan, Adoree, Smith, Sims, and rookie.

I think a lot of focus this offseason will be the front 7 and preparing for life after Orakpo and Morgan.

Also finding the right 5 on the OL. Who knows what they do at OL now with the scheme change likely and our RT likely won’t be playing until mid season. Can Kelly really play RT in a zone scheme? Highly doubt it. I’d like to see a guy signed/drafted that can play RT until Conklin comes back and then slides inside when Conklin is available. I’d tender Spain and slap a 1-2 year deal on Kline. Give them both a chance in the new scheme. At worst, one can become a backup.

WR I’m also intrigued by. Don’t really see Decker back and I really don’t want him back. That leaves us with Matthews, Davis, Taylor, and Sharpe. That to me is a solid core right there especially if everyone can stay relatively healthy. Having said that, this is one position I wouldn’t mind targeting in FA and making it a damn good receiving core. I want the top guy is Landry. I saw how him and Delanie and some other Titan teammates were hanging out at the pro bowl. Not a big deal but the bond is there. Matthews has 1 year left on his deal.  I expect the use of 3 WRs to improve dramatically under LaFleur. Landry put up good #s with Tannehill and Cutler as his QBs. Would really like to see him with Marcus.

No to laundry for me, he’s overrated my opinion yes he catches a 100 balls a year but he can’t stretch the field or take top off & doesn’t make explosive plays & he wants top 12-14 mill a year.. & he’s predominantly a slot guy. We need guys wit different skill set not WR that do the same thing. I like Paul Richardson from sea & Brice Butler from Dallas both guys have speed can take the top off, Butler wants out of Dal, he’s frustrated with his role & feels he’s as talented as dez but because they pays dez top dollar, he feels they’re obligated to play him. 

35 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No to laundry for me, he’s overrated my opinion yes he catches a 100 balls a year but he can’t stretch the field or take top off & doesn’t make explosive plays & he wants top 12-14 mill a year.. & he’s predominantly a slot guy. We need guys wit different skill set not WR that do the same thing. I like Paul Richardson from sea & Brice Butler from Dallas both guys have speed can take the top off, Butler wants out of Dal, he’s frustrated with his role & feels he’s as talented as dez but because they pays dez top dollar, he feels they’re obligated to play him. 

We have guys that can stretch the field. Davis and Taylor can both do that. Just haven’t seen it much because they played in a prehistoric offense. Landry just isn’t a slot guy. Look past height for a second when calling someone a slot guy. Landry can play any spot. Also I’m not exactly worried about finding a bunch of guys who can run deep. Deep ball isn’t exactly a strength of Mariota’s anyway. I want guys who can get open consistently and Landry does that. Guys like Butler and Richardson don’t. Landry is a damn good receiver that is worth paying for. Catching 100 balls a year isn’t easy no matter how you slice it. He’s far from just a possession receiver.

Greg Cosell would disagree with you about Landry. I'm not going to pretend I watch a lot of the Dolphins, but Cosell has said that he is a good player who is only good at one particular thing, and that is playing in the slot. He doesn't offer a team much in terms of an outside receiver.

If we were targeting a WR I want Watkins to pair with Corey Davis and have two really good route-running guys along with Watkins speed stretching the field. I wanted to add him to my mock, buy no way LA lets him walk after giving up a 2nd and a CB in a trade for him. Those two guys plus Taylor in the slot, I think that would be amazing for Mariota in this new west coast offense.

I wouldn't spend the money it's going to take to sign Landry.  He seems like he'd be a better option in the slot.  He's a better, but smaller and slower version of Sharpe... at 10 times the price.  Robinson at least has the height and leaping ability to offer a better option outside, in the redzone, and over the top.  

But if we're spending that kinda moolah at WR, Watkins would be my choice, by far... if he's not tagged.  

But I don't think we'll be top tier shopping in the WR FA aisle... ultimately looking for a 4th WR with the potential to overtake Taylor as the 3.   Richardson, T Williams, Brown, Lee... and especially Moncrief would be my targets.  I'm still a sucker for size/speed combo's... and Moncrief's 6'2, 220 lb frame, 4.4 speed, and 40 inch vertical are too much for me to look past.  LaFleur's offense could be great for a WR with that combo.  Matthews and Snead could be next tier guys... but they offer essentially what Sharpe offers.  A darkhorse is Gabriel from Atl.  He's small... but he's a sub 4.4 guy (sub 4.3?), and had his best season when LaFleur was also in Atlanta.  Can't overlook those new HC/OC/DC connections...

Edit:  SS... looks like we're on the same page if we decide to look at those top tier FA guys.  Unfortunately, there have been whispers that the Rams will tag Watkins.  Hopefully not though... 

9 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I wouldn't spend the money it's going to take to sign Landry.  He seems like he'd be a better option in the slot.  He's a better, but smaller and slower version of Sharpe... at 10 times the price.  Robinson at least has the height and leaping ability to offer a better option outside, in the redzone, and over the top.  

But if we're spending that kinda moolah at WR, Watkins would be my choice, by far... if he's not tagged.  

But I don't think we'll be top tier shopping in the WR FA aisle... ultimately looking for a 4th WR with the potential to overtake Taylor as the 3.   Richardson, T Williams, Brown, Lee... and especially Moncrief would be my targets.  I'm still a sucker for size/speed combo's... and Moncrief's 6'2, 220 lb frame, 4.4 speed, and 40 inch vertical are too much for me to look past.  LaFleur's offense could be great for a WR with that combo.  Matthews and Snead could be next tier guys... but they offer essentially what Sharpe offers.  A darkhorse is Gabriel from Atl.  He's small... but he's a sub 4.4 guy (sub 4.3?), and had his best season when LaFleur was also in Atlanta.  Can't overlook those new HC/OC/DC connections...

Edit:  SS... looks like we're on the same page if we decide to look at those top tier FA guys.  Unfortunately, there have been whispers that the Rams will tag Watkins.  Hopefully not though... 

I would kill to have Davis/Watkins as our #1/#2 WRs. I think the only way he leaves is if he asks for too much and they are forced to make a decision on tagging him. I know they don't want to lose him, but he was 4th on their team in targets, and the tag is a lot for someone who was that uninvolved.

We're on the same page as far as the lesser tier as well. I would like to add Moncrief. I'm not sure if he can put it all together, but he offers that same blend of speed and route-running that I wanted in Watkins, he has just been very inconsistent.

Gabriel is another intriguing option, but I felt like his and Taylor's skillset kind of overlapped.

53 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We have guys that can stretch the field. Davis and Taylor can both do that. Just haven’t seen it much because they played in a prehistoric offense. Landry just isn’t a slot guy. Look past height for a second when calling someone a slot guy. Landry can play any spot. Also I’m not exactly worried about finding a bunch of guys who can run deep. Deep ball isn’t exactly a strength of Mariota’s anyway. I want guys who can get open consistently and Landry does that. Guys like Butler and Richardson don’t. Landry is a damn good receiver that is worth paying for. Catching 100 balls a year isn’t easy no matter how you slice it. He’s far from just a possession receiver.

Until it’s seen & comes to fruition we don’t have guys that can stretch the field. On paper, when you’re game planning against the titans you look at all our WR like this; Davis number 1 WR potential polished route runner & beast after the catch ability, deceptive speed. Matthews more of a #2 slot physical receiver that knows how to get open. Decker Christmas on a leap year slow big body slot possession receiver. Sharpe posession receiver good route runner. Taylor big play ability quicker than fast.. we need a guy in FA that DC know from the jump, he’s a burner roll coverage to his side, don’t load the box 

Archived