The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

5 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I would kill to have Davis/Watkins as our #1/#2 WRs. I think the only way he leaves is if he asks for too much and they are forced to make a decision on tagging him. I know they don't want to lose him, but he was 4th on their team in targets, and the tag is a lot for someone who was that uninvolved.

We're on the same page as far as the lesser tier as well. I would like to add Moncrief. I'm not sure if he can put it all together, but he offers that same blend of speed and route-running that I wanted in Watkins, he has just been very inconsistent.

Gabriel is another intriguing option, but I felt like his and Taylor's skillset kind of overlapped.

My 1st option I want is Paul Richardson reminds me of Nate Washington & like Brice Butler he performed well when given the opportunity 

Ya someone will over pay Landry and we can still find capable WRs for cheaper. Paul Richardson is an intriguing name and would be cheaper. Watkins is going to get paid but the fact that Lefleur is familiar with him makes him still an option. I just don’t think the Titans invest too much at WR but who knows i hope they do we still need help there.

4 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya someone will over pay Landry and we can still find capable WRs for cheaper. Paul Richardson is an intriguing name and would be cheaper. Watkins is going to get paid but the fact that Lefleur is familiar with him makes him still an option. I just don’t think the Titans invest too much at WR but who knows i hope they do we still need help there.

We have to get a WR in FA our WR Corp is still unproven outside of Matthews & I don’t want us drafting a WR in the 1st round, though I love Ridley & Christian Kirk, we need another difference maker on defense. 

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

We have to get a WR in FA our WR Corp is still unproven outside of Matthews & I don’t want us drafting a WR in the 1st round, though I love Ridley & Christian Kirk, we need another difference maker on defense. 

I agree I would like to really focus on Defense this year. Not every pick on D but a majority. I hope the Titans sign a FA Guard instead of using and early pick on one. We need 2 LBs and a pass rusher on the D-Line for sure in this draft.

As far as WR I agree I do not want to draft one early this year. Titans really have to get actual football players in here in that position. Matthews Davis and I guess Taylor are the 3 safe guys going into next year. I’m rooting for Sharpe to get back but if not he can be replaced. I just don’t want Sharpe and Decker because they are basically the same guy except Decker has more experience but I only want one of those 2 because Matthews is a better version of both of those guys. So the other 2 WRs that we bring in need to be guys that can get open run good routes and have speed. They don’t need to be John Ross speed but we need guys that can catch it and turn up field and get some yards and move the chains

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If he becomes available, would you guys break the bank for Dez Bryant?

We should've drafted him over Morgan in the first place!!! ;) 

Dez Bryant hasn't went over 1,000 yards in 3 seasons. Why would anyone break the bank for him? Rishard Matthews has arguably out produced him the last two years. 118 receptions, 1,740 yards, 14.7 ypc, 13 touchdowns on 1,528 snaps for Matthews vs 119 catches, 1,634 yards, 13.7 ypc, 14 touchdowns on 1,582 snaps for Dez

30 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Dez Bryant hasn't went over 1,000 yards in 3 seasons. Why would anyone break the bank for him? Rishard Matthews has arguably out produced him the last two years. 118 receptions, 1,740 yards, 14.7 ypc, 13 touchdowns on 1,528 snaps for Matthews vs 119 catches, 1,634 yards, 13.7 ypc, 14 touchdowns on 1,582 snaps for Dez

Dez Bryant is a bonafide #1 receiver who's played with mediocre QB play his entire career. Romo was broken half the time and Dak can't stretch the field

16 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Dez Bryant is a bonafide #1 receiver who's played with mediocre QB play his entire career. Romo was broken half the time and Dak can't stretch the field

Dez is done it’s not dak it’s him, I wanted dez coming out of college cause he reminded me of a raw T.O. Here’s the problem with dez, he never could run routes, he made a living off catching 50/50 balls was a beast after the catch & had strong hands. Injuries has sapped his burst he’s no longer explosive as he was & he gets taken out the game mentally. I rather have Brice Butler he’s a deep threat & can stretch the field. We have  3 possession WR already why pay for a 4th that struggles separating can only run 3 routes ??‍♂️

Archived