The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Not only no to Cushing... But hell nah!!! With his PED and injury history, anything more than vet min would be a waste. Vrabel may want to throw him a bone... But I hope JRob holds strong... And if they do bring him in, its as a backup under the vet min plus incentives if he stays on the roster and produces.

I dont have a problem with Richardson, but I'm all about Moncrief at this point. He screams one year prove it deal to me, and think he'd be a great fit in LaFleur's offense... Wilson (KC) also carries some interest for me if we can't land one of Watkins, Moncrief, or Richardson... 

I've been critical of JRobs moves in FA, but I think Sly played extremely well down the stretch. I think he has a place on this D. At one point I thought it was either Sly or Jones in '18... But now I think both could be done. I'd let go of both in a heartbeat if we could land Richardson though (although we'd still need a NT in that scenario).

I still think Cyp could be utilized better... And was excited when we were linked to Bettcher, since I see Cyp in the mold of Bucannon. Wonder if Pees is looking at that... Although Cyp may not be too different than Jayon...

15 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

At a certain point you need to let the guys you have develop. If you want to really upgrade the slot position spring for Landry. Grabriel has never been more than the 4th or 5th option in a passing game at best. He's not significantly better than Taylor now and Taylor is cheaper and has more upside.

I understand the thinking. I'm not really for signing Landry really anyway. 
I still am interested in Gabriel. I like his speed and breakout ability.  I'm not for going out the way to sign him. I think if he can come in on a good deal, no hurt with him here.

36 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Late yes but I don’t see the Giants taking a late pick for a guy they took with a 1st round pick even if he is a problem

they'll be desperate. A 4th is probably the best they'll get. other teams know that...but that's jsut my opinion

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Giving up a late pick for Eli Apple -- yay or nay?

I say yes. He's still the same or close to the same age as many of the draft picks in this upcoming draft, plus having Coombs and Logan Ryan would be big for him imo. 

He's the perfect guy and we're a near perfect spot to take a gamble on him.

Archived