The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

I'd bring back Decker. His drops are very damaging, but his experience we still need. It'd be great if we can have him for 1-2 more years and let him be an effective 3rd-4th option at WR.

Either Kline or Spain, whoever they like best, I'd bring back. Look to add another body in FA, not necessarily something crazy but if they think they have found the right fit, go for it, and then draft someone, perhaps in the mid rounds.

Williamson has never developed properly and is a liability in space. I'd let him walk. I'm fine with bringing Walden, Jones and Succop back. Walden can provide some good, relatively cheap depth, and Jones is just good enough that can at least be a good rotational player as well. If they can find the right guy at the right value to draft, by all means go ahead, but it wouldn't hurt doing so with Jones already on roster.

I think we could use some players that could play in space better. Some linebackers, be that ILBs or edge rushers (preferably both), as well as maybe another safety that could effectively replace Cyprien on some downs. I like how Austin Johnson has been developing finally, and like I said I'd bring back Jones still, but we could use another 5-tech that can also switch and play DT in a 4-3 front. Corner is still very much a need, IMO. And that's on defense. On offense, we probably should upgrade the backup QB spot, add at least one more RB, at least one more G, and a WR. I'd also love to take the returning responsibilities away from Adoree. He's explosive, sure, but he's had a tough time understanding  the need to win the field position battle effectively and not cost his team yards or even possessions. Let him focus solely on playing CB, where he could and should still improve.

Keep Jones, Succop, and Spain... But don't break the bank for any.

Make the long awaited move of Cyp to LBer... Draft a Byard-like safety that can be wholly interchangeable at FS and SS.

Draft or sign best available pass rusher.

Sign Dion Lewis.

Sign a true slot WR... Need quickness, someone who's smart and who knows how to get open, and has great hands. Dont even worry about size/speed here...(Taylor is young, but he didn't show me has 2 or 3 of my requirements for this position).

Sign a true deep threat as a 4th/5th WR to give us options.

12 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I'd also love to take the returning responsibilities away from Adoree. He's explosive, sure, but he's had a tough time understanding  the need to win the field position battle effectively and not cost his team yards or even possessions. Let him focus solely on playing CB, where he could and should still improve.

I still have a problem with this pick, especially if we go that route. Outside of STs, there's no reason he should have been drafted above White. Taking him off STs (as unimpactful as he was this year) would be a huge mistake. 

He needs to continue developing on D and STs. Forget about him on offense though.

19 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I'd bring back Decker. His drops are very damaging, but his experience we still need. It'd be great if we can have him for 1-2 more years and let him be an effective 3rd-4th option at WR.

Either Kline or Spain, whoever they like best, I'd bring back. Look to add another body in FA, not necessarily something crazy but if they think they have found the right fit, go for it, and then draft someone, perhaps in the mid rounds.

Williamson has never developed properly and is a liability in space. I'd let him walk. I'm fine with bringing Walden, Jones and Succop back. Walden can provide some good, relatively cheap depth, and Jones is just good enough that can at least be a good rotational player as well. If they can find the right guy at the right value to draft, by all means go ahead, but it wouldn't hurt doing so with Jones already on roster.

I think we could use some players that could play in space better. Some linebackers, be that ILBs or edge rushers (preferably both), as well as maybe another safety that could effectively replace Cyprien on some downs. I like how Austin Johnson has been developing finally, and like I said I'd bring back Jones still, but we could use another 5-tech that can also switch and play DT in a 4-3 front. Corner is still very much a need, IMO. And that's on defense. On offense, we probably should upgrade the backup QB spot, add at least one more RB, at least one more G, and a WR. I'd also love to take the returning responsibilities away from Adoree. He's explosive, sure, but he's had a tough time understanding  the need to win the field position battle effectively and not cost his team yards or even possessions. Let him focus solely on playing CB, where he could and should still improve.

Hell no to Decker. Sorry but drops in the 3 biggest games of our season I will not forgive. Idgaf about his run blocking either if you struggle to catch a damn football as a wide reciever then gtfo. Also his experience really showed with that false start last night. Oh and did I mention he's slow? Marcus has to literally throw a perfect ball to him every single time because he can't get any separation. He's a bum

So if we somehow made a move at HC, is someone like McDaniels a more attractive coach to play under than Mularkey? He has the NE pedigree but not sure his reputation is a home run for FA’s.

My hope is we  are able to do a Jags style (overpay if needed) FA raid on some solid, backbone type guys on defense (DT, ILB, S). We have the money which is the most important part. Team on the rise that needs a few more pieces, but not sure the current coaching staff aside from LeBeau is much if any of a draw. If I’m an offensive player I’m guessing McD is someone I’d want to learn/win under, more than Mularkey at least.

26 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

When do you think we hear anything on any of our coaches? Do you think we start to hear rumblings of atleast then deciding what to do with Robiskie tomorrow?

I’m thinking that if Mularkey is staying, we will hear about the coordinators/position coaches fairly soon. 

The longer things go, the more I’ll believe that Mularkey’s job is at risk. Or the worst case we are keeping him with no staff changes. *cry*

The thing about McDaniels in FA is our GM hasnt exactly knocked our FA signings out of the park either but who knows maybe we get better at it. 

I would definitely look to bring in a Guard

D-Line help is a must because we still lack getting a pass rush with a 4 man rush and you need one with games like last night 

Both LB spots need help but more MLB with Williamson becoming a FA so I don’t know if they look to the draft with the 25th pick for that or see who makes it to FA without a Franchise Tag

Our WRs need a little bit of help. Maybe coaching fixes it or scheme or even a healthy Tajae Sharpe could help. Decker was ok but if we can upgrade I’m all for it. 

Back QB is a must no more Matt Cassell. Teddy Bridgewater would be ideal if someone isn’t calling him about a starting gig.

RB is a big need IMO. We need a guy with speed who can actually be a factor in the passing game. Doesn’t necessarily need to be another draft pick we fail on but we need someone in here who can contribute 

I don’t think you’ll ever see Robinson go all out in FA. He doesn’t run the Jags model and there isn’t a Calais Campbell in FA this upcoming year. Actually I think FA sucks this year especially on defense. You have a guy like Ziggy Ansah but where does he fit in this defense? Can he play OLB in a 3-4? My top 2 targets in all of FA is Andrew Norwell and Trumaine Johnson. Norwell is a top 5 OG in the league and instantly takes over at LG. Johnson is a steady #1 CB who mirrors #1 WRs. Makes Logan the #2 which is really what he is and Adoree as the first guy off the bench which he’d rarely be on the bench anyway. Highly doubt we sign a CB to a big deal especially after giving Logan a contract and then drafting Adoree in the 1st. Brings me to my next target in Lamarcus Joyner. A guy who can play multiple positions in the secondary. The receivers in FA don’t excite me unless we get rid of Mularkey’s offense but I do think a receiving core of Matthews, Davis, Taylor, and Sharpe can be pretty good mainly because I’m that high on Davis. In the right offense, this receiving core can flourish. RB I like Dion Lewis and Jerrick McKinnon. Both are COP backs who are great in the receiving game. However, the draft is loaded with RBs this year.

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I still have a problem with this pick, especially if we go that route. Outside of STs, there's no reason he should have been drafted above White. Taking him off STs (as unimpactful as he was this year) would be a huge mistake. 

He needs to continue developing on D and STs. Forget about him on offense though.

Though he had his ups & downs on special teams people forget he also had 2 PR call back for dumb block in the back. It’s call experience people it’s a huge adjustment from college & the NFL, give the kid a break. I’m confident he’ll get better watching film 

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

Fire Mularkey. Hire McDaniels. Switch to 4-3.

Resign Succop, DaQuan Jones, 1 year deal for Spain, 1 year deal for Williamson.

Sign Andrew Norwell and Malcolm Butler.

Draft linebacker, edge, oline, RB, QB

Don’t want Malcom butler, we have enough undersize corners, we need a corner that can mix it up, & be physical wit Hopkins. I’m intrigued wit Amukamara he was very solid this year for the bears & also Aquib Talib if he’s release by the broncos or available for trade. I also like morgan Burnette & think we should cut Cyprien, he can’t cover & wasn’t as good as advertised in the run game.

16 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I don’t think you’ll ever see Robinson go all out in FA. He doesn’t run the Jags model and there isn’t a Calais Campbell in FA this upcoming year. 

Yea there will be Muhammad Wilkerson at 1 point was the 2nd best DL behind JJ Wyatt, he has some character concerns, but many feel he simply wanted out wit the jets  & the jets are going to release him. I’m hoping JRob see’s this as NE taking a chance on Corey Dillion & Randy Moss & getting a impact player.

also, there’s rumors the dolphins may cut Suh, if he won’t reduce his cap number or restructure his deal.

Archived