The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

9 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Are you guys listening we can cut Cyprien if we want & wont take much of a cap hit, the same wit Williams & every FA we signed last offseason. 

You can't cut everyone. Guys like Searcy, Murray, and Cassell are legit cuts. We're not cutting unless they're hurting the team big time with their play. Cyprien and Williams were not horrible this year. Hell, I hated both of the signings but they weren't horrible this year. We're not cutting both safeties and both save us about 5 mil each. I'd rather cut Searcy the backup. 

10 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea I don't want him back at all. Finding someone as "good" or as average as him shouldn't be hard whether it be in the draft or FA.

I think we will miss him in the run game way more than we think, but he's not worth the contract he's going to likely get

23 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

You can't cut everyone. Guys like Searcy, Murray, and Cassell are legit cuts. We're not cutting unless they're hurting the team big time with their play. Cyprien and Williams were not horrible this year. Hell, I hated both of the signings but they weren't horrible this year. We're not cutting both safeties and both save us about 5 mil each. I'd rather cut Searcy the backup. 

I know that however I’m saying we can cut Williams & Cyp if we see better in FA, it happens every year. 

We were solid against runs on the inside this year. I don't think Williams is going to be cut.

Cyprien wasn't as bad in coverage as people are making him out to be. He also wasn't as good against the run as he was made out to be. If we could cut him and sign another SS that would be awesome.

Its 55M as it stands right now. There's quite a few options to get us a good bit of more... 

I dont agree with some if the names thrown out there. Like cutting Rak... Yeah it saves us money, but you won't find anyone near his effectiveness with the money saved. 

Even some players that should be cut... Murray for instance... Woud have no dead cap hit, and would save us over $6M... May be kept along with Mularker and Biscuits.

I just made myself simultaneously cry and laugh with that statement.

1 minute ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Its 55M as it stands right now. There's quite a few options to get us a good bit of more... 

I dont agree with some if the names thrown out there. Like cutting Rak... Yeah it saves us money, but you won't find anyone near his effectiveness with the money saved. 

Even some players that should be cut... Murray for instance... Woud have no dead cap hit, and would save us over $6M... May be kept along with Mularker and Biscuits.

I just made myself simultaneously cry and laugh with that statement.

5hnL1mM.gif

well Mularkey has been offered an extension. I don't think he needs to go. He's a good coach who needs to adapt and let the respective sides do their thing. I have faith that our front office has made that clear to him with this extension. Get an offensive staff to grow with Mariota and let them take the reigns. a few key pieces and we are still in the hunt for the AFC south and the playoffs.  

Archived