The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

7 minutes ago, Titan89 said:

True this is just speculation as I haven't seen anything linking us to Hankins but based on what our current D line is I don't see why we wouldn't. We don't really have a true NT on the D line. Only Jones and maybe Johnson could play NT but they are not true NT. Jones may be the closest due to his size. However, I feel someone like Hankins while not Suh would finally give us a true NT. Pees defense had an elite one in Williams in Baltimore. We could certainly use a true NT in our D line group and guys like Jones and Johnson could rotate there and at DE.

We don’t need a true NT in our defense we don’t run a traditional 3-4. What we need is a dominant 5tech or a NT that can collapse the pocket from the interior as well as stop the run. Ex Haloti Ngata in his prime Jay Ratliff in his Prime Vince Wilfork. Hankins is just a run stuffer like Damon Harrison. He’s not a guy that will command a double team on passing downs that’ll free up Cassey. A true NT is not what we need, we need a dominant DT at NT. I think DanQuon is better playing inside verses on the edge at 5tech

A true NT in a 3-4 is typically a guy that eat up blocks, keep the LB clean & can stop the run. We pretty much have that in Austin Johnson he’s very good at stoping the run. We need that guy that has to be double that can be disruptive & stop the run Marcel Darrius 

2 hours ago, lamont said:

Why are some of you guys talking about missing out on Hankins when he hasn't even been linked to the Titans? If I was JRob I would bring in Hankins just to show Suh he isn't the only person at the dance. True Hankins isn't the pass rusher that Suh is but at least show Suh all the eggs aren't in his basket.

Well, we wouldn’t be linked to him before Suh sign somewhere anyways. Beyond that, we’ve rarely been linked to the free agents we’ve signed under JR. There simply aren’t leaks in the building.

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Well, we wouldn’t be linked to him before Suh sign somewhere anyways. Beyond that, we’ve rarely been linked to the free agents we’ve signed under JR. There simply aren’t leaks in the building.

Soooo the "guy of the guy" isn't a leaker? Batman-Chin-Rub.gif

Eric Reid & Gino Smith or maybe RG3 as a backup he knows the system he knows at this point he’s a backup, before the pocket passer complete QB talk comes, say to yourself he can make plays wit his legs & majority FA pocket passer QBs are already signed 

I think once a player leaves, it's typically over.  I just don't know how they were going to get a financial package ready for him after he left.  Maybe he is that kind that will go back and review all his options once he's met with everyone... but I just don't get that feeling.

DL went from being one of our deepest positions to know needing depth.  Suh and Hankins not only upgrade depth, but give us a top tier option alongside Casey.  Casey/Johnson/Jones look like a good trio of starters... but our depth suddenly looks lacking.... and looks like one of our biggest needs right now.  Signing one of the top guys makes that starting trio look even better though...

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Eric Reid & Gino Smith or maybe RG3 as a backup he knows the system he knows at this point he’s a backup, before the pocket passer complete QB talk comes, say to yourself he can make plays wit his legs & majority FA pocket passer QBs are already signed 

RGIII is made of tin foil and not good at football. Not to mention Santana Moss, an old teammate, said he didn't get along with coaches. There's a reason he's out of the league.

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I think once a player leaves, it's typically over.  I just don't know how they were going to get a financial package ready for him after he left.  Maybe he is that kind that will go back and review all his options once he's met with everyone... but I just don't get that feeling.

Honestly, this is entirely the feeling I get from him. He also didn’t talk financials with the Saints on that visit. I genuinely think he’s enjoying the attention and is letting as many teams get involved before he starts the bidding war as possible.

12 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

DL went from being one of our deepest positions to know needing depth.  Suh and Hankins not only upgrade depth, but give us a top tier option alongside Casey.  Casey/Johnson/Jones look like a good trio of starters... but our depth suddenly looks lacking.... and looks like one of our biggest needs right now.  Signing one of the top guys makes that starting trio look even better though...

Have hope & pray, no team has offered a contract Suh is going around looking for a contender & scheme fit, he said right now he don’t wanna talk #s only see how he fits in a organization 

I wonder if the Ram's interest in Suh is aimed at quelling Aaron Donalds contract expectations.  Suh has to cost at least 15 million a season. Donald has to be expecting his extension this offseason. I feel like you're making things super awkward for the best player on your team if you decide not to pay him this offseason, but do pay a high priced free agent that plays the same spot. 

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

So you forgot the not being good at football part. 

He’s good at being a kapernick QB, he sucked in Washington the year he tried to make shanahan use him as a pocket passer.. I think he can be serviceable as a backup behind a strong run game & defense short the field with reads. But I see your point just say no to damage goods 

Archived