The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Even before we drafted Conklin I didn't get the "mauler" label he was given. I always thought he was athletic and he had pretty good numbers at the Combine as well. I didn't think of him as an OG at all. Pretty sure that is something one analyst came up with and all the piggy-back analysts ran with it.

Yeah, definitely not hating on their new uni's...simple and classic works, they have enough buzz with their play, we kinda need to create some buzz. I am a Michigan fan so I defiantly can respect simple design. Our new uniforms will take some explanation to a non-Titan fan!

On 4/21/2018 at 12:28 AM, RebelTitan24 said:

They now Have year-round Practice Jerseys, but at least they finally changed that DumbsterFire of a Helmet.

Honestly, this was the first thing I thought. It looks like something you'd see in training camp. I don't hate them, but they're pretty bland to me. I'd have been pretty disappointed if we made a big thing about our new jerseys and then showed up with one solid color, large number font with no outline, and a single logo on the shoulder.

44 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, this was the first thing I thought. It looks like something you'd see in training camp. I don't hate them, but they're pretty bland to me. I'd have been pretty disappointed if we made a big thing about our new jerseys and then showed up with one solid color, large number font with no outline, and a single logo on the shoulder.

See, although I totally can understand that I personally love the old school, clean, plain look. Kind of reminds me of NYG's jerseys somewhat. Think the jersey number/no outline kind of came from that.

Just now, .Buzz said:

See, although I totally can understand that I personally love the old school, clean, plain look. Kind of reminds me of NYG's jerseys somewhat. Think the jersey number/no outline kind of came from that.

Yeah, I mean in the end, my opinion means nothing if Jags fans like them. I like the Titans new jerseys, but I know plenty of non-Titans fans that hate them. I'd just like something a little more. I don't need a ton of flash, but just something else could've done wonders. I don't know, I was just underwhelmed. With that said, if we're going to be destined to play TNF once a year for the rest of time, I'd much rather look at those teal ones than ever see the old Color Rush jerseys ever again.

Just now, titans0021 said:

Yeah, I mean in the end, my opinion means nothing if Jags fans like them. I like the Titans new jerseys, but I know plenty of non-Titans fans that hate them. I'd just like something a little more. I don't need a ton of flash, but just something else could've done wonders. I don't know, I was just underwhelmed. With that said, if we're going to be destined to play TNF once a year for the rest of time, I'd much rather look at those teal ones than ever see the old Color Rush jerseys ever again.

Yeah I hear you. It's kind of hit or miss with most Jaguars fans. No one seems to openly hate them, but those that dislike them just dislike them because of no outline on the number/too plain. I just love the plain clean look. Our previous jerseys were solid but even I thought they had a little too much going on. So as you'd expect, not a huge fan of your's as I feel like there is too much going on. But that's just my personal opinion on jerseys.

Personally, I think these are our best since the 90's jerseys.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah I hear you. It's kind of hit or miss with most Jaguars fans. No one seems to openly hate them, but those that dislike them just dislike them because of no outline on the number/too plain. I just love the plain clean look. Our previous jerseys were solid but even I thought they had a little too much going on. So as you'd expect, not a huge fan of your's as I feel like there is too much going on. But that's just my personal opinion on jerseys.

Personally, I think these are our best since the 90's jerseys.

I definitely don't hate them. They're fine. And, if they want to play up the blue-collar team, even the line of thinking makes sense. But man, just a bit of color as a number border could've gone a long way for me. What I liked about the Titans jerseys is that they're not overly flashy, but, as you said, there's definitely a level of complexity to them that obviously goes far beyond what the Jags were going for. Fortunately, I kind of like that, otherwise I'd be in a tough spot.  If I was a Jags fan, I could probably talk myself into the plain look. As a Titans fan, I'm happy to run with my first impression that they just don't move the needle for me.

If you like the old school look, they couldn't have done any more to appeal to you though haha.

Archived