The Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

Titans signed CB Jeremy Boykins, WR Darius Jennings, S Denzel Johnson, OL Tyler Marz, DE Johnny Maxey, WR Zach Pascal, TE Tim Semisch, DE Julius Warmsley, OL Cody Wichmann and DL Antwaun Woods to reserve/future contracts.

This locks the Titans' practice squad up for the offseason.

per rotoworld

14 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/

Pretty cool salary cap tracker site here for anyone interested. We have the 9th most cap space as it currently stands at 51 million (SF has the highest at 119 mil, followed by Cleveland at 112 mil).

Fun fact: We average out to be the 4th oldest team in the NFL (26).

Try overthecap.com

You’ll thank me later with everything you can do on that site.

Just heard John McClain the Houston reporter mention the Texans don’t have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year. I’m sure you guys knew that in here I knew about the first round but forgot that they gave up a 2nd round pick next year. That could be a big deal a few years down the line when Watt and a few other guys are older or leave.

Theres so much going on with our team that I’m so excited to get this offseason going. 

When we get a new HC first thing people do is speculate which players from there former teams can we pluck players from. I was intrigued by McDaniels for a while and would of been nice with the thought we could of potentially convinced Dion Lewis to come here but out of all the candidates we are interviewing who are the FA’s on each Texans Panthers Rams that we could target in your opinions to come to the Titans if one of those coaches are hired?

16 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I've always been partial to Spotrac.  OTC just had too many inconsistencies and inaccuracies... but I also haven't gone back to it in a few years.  There's a chance they've passed Spotrac, but Spotrac can be counted on to have up to date and accurate numbers.  

For the casual fan, OTC is just much more simplistic and user friendly. For those who understand salaries and prefer the details, sportrac appears to be more precise.

Personally, I've just always enjoyed how user friendly OTC is. 

Looking ahead to FA, hopefully with whatever HC + staff we bring in plus the cash we have to splurge, we'll hopefully be an attractive landing spot (not to mention no state income tax). That being said, there are definitely weak spots on our team where the FA pool lacks much depth (back-up QB and edge rusher especially). Who are guys you all want / think we'll target? Without a coach that is a major wildcard, especially on D if we switch back to a 4-3. Also Conklin's injury will add some intrigue on how they address both OG spots and potentially RT (imagine they'll stick with Kelly but wouldn't hurt to look at other options if available). 

20 minutes ago, VY said:

Looking ahead to FA, hopefully with whatever HC + staff we bring in plus the cash we have to splurge, we'll hopefully be an attractive landing spot (not to mention no state income tax). That being said, there are definitely weak spots on our team where the FA pool lacks much depth (back-up QB and edge rusher especially). Who are guys you all want / think we'll target? Without a coach that is a major wildcard, especially on D if we switch back to a 4-3. Also Conklin's injury will add some intrigue on how they address both OG spots and potentially RT (imagine they'll stick with Kelly but wouldn't hurt to look at other options if available). 

We don’t need to switch back to a 4-3 the more versatile your defense is the better, we basically still play a 43 we just don’t get enough pressure because we don’t have a dominant 5 tech & NT. For ex the jags run the same defense we do, hybrid 34 which is a 43under they have a dominanf DT in Jackson dominant 5tech DE that can rush inside in Campbell & a NT that can rush in Dareus. & a edge rusher. They can give an offense multiple looks with scheme versatility. 

2 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

We don’t need to switch back to a 4-3 the more versatile your defense is the better, we basically still play a 43 we just don’t get enough pressure because we don’t have a dominant 5 tech & NT. For ex the jags run the same defense we do, hybrid 34 which is a 43under they have a dominanf DT in Jackson dominant 5tech DE that can rush inside in Campbell & a NT that can rush in Dareus. & a edge rusher. They can give an offense multiple looks with scheme versatility. 

Yea I mean that's all well and good but until we have a coach we don't know what they'll run. 

14 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Very blah FA this year

My thought as well. Deepest positions seem to be WR and d-line, notnour highest priority areas. May be a few d-line guys worth overpaying, especially if Daquan Jones leaves. Could use more edge help, but there’s some solid guys that could be productive around Casey & Co.

If Decker leaves, would like to see us get some kind of gadget WR. With Sharpe coming back we’re good on slow WRs.

Archived